Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Another day of spannering  (Read 817 times)

Essex_Andy

• Have a guess?
    • View Profile
Another day of spannering
« on: 28 October 2006, 18:26:43 »

Well what I hoped to be an easy and straight forward half day job turned out to be all day!!!

Changed oil in gearbox that was easy (added a tube of molyslip for good measure)
Changed oil and filter in engine that was easy but fiddly for filter..and the shop gave me wrong filter so had to go back >:(
Renewed brake fluid..easy
Bled clucth....panic!!!! Teach me to undo nipples without finding out the correct bleed process :-[..a frantic phone call to a vauxhall tech I know had me sorted and job done.
Flush coolant and renew antifreeze...what a time consuming job!!!!!

And the final straw was I investigated why one headlamp was slightly brighter than the other....the reflector was loose..well the bit of plastic that the aim adjuster fixes to inside was shatterd...so £70 for a headlamp assembly...then I found that the beam level motor is bust....rusted and corroded to a brown sludge.

Top tip....it is easier and quicker IMHO to remove the lamp assembly to change the bulbs...two cross head screws on the grill....one cross head screw on lamp trim...three 8mm self taping bolts that hold the lamp in...two on top and one underneath.

So anyone got a spare headlamp level motor for sale please?
If an artic overtakes you, you're driving too slow!!!!!!!!!!!
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.016 seconds with 18 queries.