Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: new law..  (Read 1730 times)

cem_devecioglu

new law..
« on: 22 November 2012, 12:57:53 »

warning : not for UK..

here in Turkey the new law that states using winter tyres compulsory for commercial vehicles is in application now..

that ok..  but.. tyre shops are now mad, long queues in front of them and winter tyre prices rocketed as you can guess :(

today tried buying winter tyres for a friend tried from shops , after spending 2 hours in total no luck >:(

Lizzie_Zoom

Re: new law..
« Reply #1 on: 22 November 2012, 13:43:15 »

here in Turkey the new law that states using winter tyres compulsory for commercial vehicles is in application now..

that ok..  but.. tyre shops are now mad, long queues in front of them and winter tyre prices rocketed as you can guess :(

today tried buying winter tyres for a friend tried from shops , after spending 2 hours in total no luck >:(

Does that mean it includes business use cars, as well as commercial vans and trucks Cem? ???

Also how much snow does Turkey get on average?
« Last Edit: 22 November 2012, 13:45:30 by Lizzie Zoom »

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #2 on: 22 November 2012, 13:55:06 »

Does that mean it includes business use cars, as well as commercial vans and trucks Cem? ???

commercial vans and trucks only now.. but another law is waiting at the parliement which states every vehicle must use them  :-\  probably soon it will also be in application..

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #3 on: 22 November 2012, 13:58:13 »

commercial vans and trucks only now.. but another law is waiting at the parliement which states every vehicle must use them  :-\  probably soon it will also be in application..

Right Cem, thanks :y

It may then potentially cost a lot of people a lot of money :o :'(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #4 on: 22 November 2012, 13:59:54 »

it snows in all parts but especially in east..  even most south Antalya,Muğla have snow from time to time..

but more than that frost is the general problem..

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #5 on: 22 November 2012, 14:02:24 »

Right Cem, thanks :y

It may then potentially cost a lot of people a lot of money :o :'(

forum a bit slow here so I try several times.. sorry Lizzie..   

they created a market here.. people generally prefer chains here as its cheap but some politically strong people decided to earn extra :-\

Bixy1

• Intermediate Member
  • Leeds. West Yorks.
  • Hanging by a thread . . .
    • Diesel Vectra eventually.
    • View Profile
    • Cats Tails
« Reply #6 on: 22 November 2012, 15:10:40 »

Turkey gets snow!!!  :o
Cats Tails (The Adventures of Rommy and Reemy)
http://sbpra.com/derektmorgan

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #7 on: 22 November 2012, 17:23:20 »

yep.. even south touristic regions..

and some areas more than a meter.. :)

Lizzie_Zoom

« Reply #8 on: 22 November 2012, 17:52:12 »

I am still surprised by that Cem! :o :o

Obviously I was wrong, but I always have visions of Turkey being a country on the edge of the Middle East so very hot and dry, with mild winters.  I think my experiences as a child in Malta, not that many degrees in latitude to Turkey, where the weather was always like that distorts my thinking.  Never any snow when I lived in Malta, but of course it is an Island in the mid-Mediterranean, and not part of the huge land mass that extends north from Turkey all the way to Siberia!  ::) ::)

Easy to forget that, and thinking about it I know Italy does get snow so I should really not be surprised. :D ;)

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #9 on: 22 November 2012, 18:04:48 »

I am still surprised by that Cem! :o :o

Obviously I was wrong, but I always have visions of Turkey being a country on the edge of the Middle East so very hot and dry, with mild winters.  I think my experiences as a child in Malta, not that many degrees in latitude to Turkey, where the weather was always like that distorts my thinking.  Never any snow when I lived in Malta, but of course it is an Island in the mid-Mediterranean, and not part of the huge land mass that extends north from Turkey all the way to Siberia!  ::) ::)

Easy to forget that, and thinking about it I know Italy does get snow so I should really not be surprised. :D ;)

yep.. most of our snowy/rainy weather come from Balkans or Russia and hot weather from Africa :) :y

omega3000

« Reply #10 on: 22 November 2012, 18:11:22 »

Blowin a gale here  :o The cats are all ruffled  :(

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #11 on: 22 November 2012, 18:18:43 »

you can build them insulated homes very cheaply :) :y

omega3000

« Reply #12 on: 22 November 2012, 18:24:06 »

you can build them insulated homes very cheaply :) :y

They are spoil t cem they are indoor cats most of the time , snow chains not needed  ;D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 November 2012, 18:55:19 »

I used to holiday in Fethiye every year in Mugla province. we had been asked several times to go out there for Christmas. i know some times if we went early enough that Babbedag mountain would still have snow on the top.
Keith B

cem_devecioglu

« Reply #14 on: 22 November 2012, 19:38:06 »

I used to holiday in Fethiye every year in Mugla province. we had been asked several times to go out there for Christmas. i know some times if we went early enough that Babbedag mountain would still have snow on the top.
Keith B

class choice :y :y :y :y

Babadağ got snow in winter  :y
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.