Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: New Car Again  (Read 1748 times)

OmegaAnglesey

Re: New Car Again
« Reply #15 on: 12 March 2013, 04:52:41 »

dont touch a 2.2, ive just scrapped 2 of them, engines are only good for about 85-100k at most then burn oil, mine were both doing a ltr every 1000 miles, google ruddy things
if its the same as my 2.2 Omega it's a good reliable engine. But as with anything if abused and not maintained ... well say no more ::)

omega3000

« Reply #16 on: 12 March 2013, 08:25:13 »

dont touch a 2.2, ive just scrapped 2 of them, engines are only good for about 85-100k at most then burn oil, mine were both doing a ltr every 1000 miles, google ruddy things

:o Guess thats why there is so many up for sale then , thanks for the heads up on that  :y I was tempted to have a look at a few 2.2's but more inclined to look at the 2.0 or even 1.6 p/f .

Jukeboxnut

• Intermediate Member
  • West Sussex
    • 2004 2.2 auto CDX estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 12 March 2013, 21:18:04 »

I bought a 1998 1.8 petrol Vectra estate after I wrote my first Omega off 6 years ago for £1000 with 75,000 miles and fsh etc.  After I bought my current Omega I gave it to my wife who is still using it, now with 115,000 miles approx.  It has never given any trouble, just the normal tyre wear of WWD plus the body and interior are still in excellent condition.  I reckon that they are very underrated cars but not as comforable or spacious as the Omega.

omega3000

« Reply #18 on: 13 March 2013, 16:45:48 »

I bought a 1998 1.8 petrol Vectra estate after I wrote my first Omega off 6 years ago for £1000 with 75,000 miles and fsh etc.  After I bought my current Omega I gave it to my wife who is still using it, now with 115,000 miles approx.  It has never given any trouble, just the normal tyre wear of WWD plus the body and interior are still in excellent condition.  I reckon that they are very underrated cars but not as comforable or spacious as the Omega.

:y

I dont think loud mouth Clarkson did them any favours  ::) Not all of us want to race on the roads at stupid speeds and expect a normal family car to handle like a F1 car ... all that aside they are cheap transport and handling is fine for me doing no more than 60mph anywhere . The 3 ive owned have all been useful cars and ultra reliable .

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 13 March 2013, 19:52:08 »

mt eldest had a 2.5 calibra that had been stage 1 chipped. It returned 35+ to the gallon and went like stink when needed.
keith B

Simon.rose1

• Walsall
    • Omega 2.5v6 cdx
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 14 March 2013, 12:32:19 »

Watch out with the 2.2 vectra as there is an issue with the timing chain oil feed jet blocking and the chain snapping if it not had regular oil changes I loved my 2.5 vectra cdx full leather but now prefer my omega but I got a bargain with that if you want advice on vectra a look at vvoc.com

omega3000

« Reply #21 on: 14 March 2013, 12:50:32 »

The 2.5 vecrta i owned for 3 yrs was bulletproof and i wasnt as kind to it as i should have been with servicing and such like  :-X Leather seats were quite firm and slidey , mpg was good . Normal thing to pack up was the digital speedo readout but it could still be read if you shone a torch over it  :) Bodywork was no different to an omega of the same year , just starting to bubble under the arches and a few bits on the doors , i would have thought most rust buckets to be too far gone now and scrapped . Seen a few earlier ones in mint condition which is unusual but holding value .
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.