Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz from Latvia  (Read 13273 times)

ryner

• Latvia
    • Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz
    • View Profile
Re: Opel Omega MV6 Steinmetz from Latvia
« Reply #15 on: 22 February 2016, 12:03:22 »

Long time no see :D
The second omega went for spares. Cracked open the engine, turns out to be a x25xe. A shame.
As for this car, did some stuff to it. Repaired the engine, new gaskets, oil, o-rings, timing kit, polished heads and so on. Put a f28 manual gearbox with calibra c25xe flywheel and presure plate and omega x25xe cluch plate. Much easier to get it sideways now. Apsolutely love the manual with LSD and the sound of V6.
After few weeks in, something went wrong, the fuel presure droped and there was the end of the x30xe, main bearings and the crank where a mess. Bought a z32se from a junkyard from a vectra c. Had only 60k miles. Replaced everything, o rings, gaskets, oil, filters, timing kit and swaped it in the omega. Left the x30xe ECU and the rest of the management. Runs well. Still thinking about the remap, but nobody in my country is up for the job, so I am forced to drive with a 3.2 but with the 3.0 fuel map and everything else (a x32xe, as I like to call it). Now i gues the oil cooler gave out, because the coolant bootle was a mess, there was an oil/coolant gunk inside and finaly, something blew up (thermostat, oil pump or something) causing the engine bay to be filled with the cooling gunk. Hope nothing wrong with heads. Will pull it apart in a few days.
Some pics from the process:
The new gearbox kit:

LSD and manual gets the job done:

New stuff in the cabin:

The 3.2 lump

The gunk in the cooling system

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.