Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newark autojumble this weekend  (Read 1996 times)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
Newark autojumble this weekend
« on: 17 September 2015, 07:57:37 »

I am travelling up to sell at this event this weekend after my aborted attempt back in March. Weather is going to be good this time as well

Keith ABS

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
Re: Newark autojumble this weekend
« Reply #1 on: 17 September 2015, 10:07:58 »

What's Newark like, in terms of size / variety etc, please?  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 17 September 2015, 19:07:15 »

From past experiences it is a pretty big autojumble with both full time traders and private individuals.Always seemed to me to be heavily biased towards motorbike stuff though.Usually has a bit of a classic car show too and your entry money gets you access to both autojumble and car show[if it's on.]

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 17 September 2015, 19:40:11 »

Hmmm,got me thinking now.I was considering a run up to York racecourse for the classic car show there,but might go to Newark instead-might be able to pick summat up for my motorbike resto-providing of course that the Omega will make it that far without breaking again :D

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 18 September 2015, 07:41:12 »

Have faith in your Omega ;D

Keith ABS

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 18 September 2015, 09:03:18 »

And think laterally, Baza - if it breaks on the way there, you can buy the parts necessary to replace it from Keith at Newark!  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 18 September 2015, 19:39:11 »

That's part of the problem Keith I don't have any faith in it at all :( As for replacing any more bits on it DBG I'm afraid that's not going to happen,if no one buys it[no interest so far to ads]I shall just run it until it goes bang and scrap it,I'm at the point now where I've chucked enough money at a car I don't actually want.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 September 2015, 09:15:08 »

Fair enough, I can empathise, Baza. What have you got it up for, by the way, I don't see it in the for sale section?  :)

Also, sorry Keith, didn't make it to the Jumble, I am STILL waiting for Autoglass to actually come and fit me a new windscreen. After being promised Friday, then Saturday, Monday, and now they've changed it to Tuesday.

I have a list of complaints which I will be passing on to them and my insurers. But this whole saga is for another thread, which I'll be starting soon!

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 September 2015, 12:40:29 »

Fair enough, I can empathise, Baza. What have you got it up for, by the way, I don't see it in the for sale section?  :)

Also, sorry Keith, didn't make it to the Jumble, I am STILL waiting for Autoglass to actually come and fit me a new windscreen. After being promised Friday, then Saturday, Monday, and now they've changed it to Tuesday.

I have a list of complaints which I will be passing on to them and my insurers. But this whole saga is for another thread, which I'll be starting soon!
I believe that Autoarse were featured on Watchdog on their last series. Didn,t come out of it with much credit if i remember.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 September 2015, 13:40:01 »

Once the screen is in my beautiful car, with her immaculate, freshly-sprayed roof like liquid glass, the list of complaints I'll be passing onto both theirselves, and my insurers, to try and arrange some means of compensation is going to be bleedin' massive. Organising alternative transport, being lied to, poor service, phantom computer systems that move my appointment, the lot.

If you've got the cash, I'd recommend anyone keep an eye out for a spare screen somewhere, and pay someone either pro, or a fitter out of hours to do it. The hassle and aggro caused by the 'experts' has left me fuming and my girlfriend in tears, and that's simply not on.

Sorry, Keith I've nicked your thread! I'll move my negative waves elsewhere!  :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.