Chat Area > Omega Gallery

Omega 24v Work in Progress

(1/23) > >>

grifter:
Hi

Decided to start a work log of things I am doing/planning to do on my recently acquired 'meega. I have a word doc as well with all work needing done, parts required, things to check and anything else that crops up.

My list of parts required/things to do so far are:

Service Items:

* Timing belt
* tensioner
* water pump
* Oil
* Oil filter
* Air Filter
* Anti-Freeze
Suspension parts:

* Poly bushes for front arms
* Tie rods front
* Tie rod rear
Other parts required:

* Vacuum pipe onto 3 way non return servo valve
* 2 tyres
Things to check/do:

* If adjusters for tie rods are seized
* Thorough check of suspension/mounting components general condition and serviceability
* Camber check to get an idea how far out it is
* Flush and replenish coolant with new anti freeze (combine with timing belt job while changing WP)
* General service
* Change timing belt
If you see anything I might have forgotten then I can add it to the list.

Let the battle commence!

Zirfeld:
Hi Grifter

GOOD LUCK ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!!

Did you look seriously after rust? Ommis have many hidden places  :o

Last year I thought i knew them all, but that was before I rebuilt my sedan.

Rolf

grifter:

--- Quote from: Zirfeld on 25 November 2016, 17:09:20 ---Hi Grifter

GOOD LUCK ON THE BATTLEFIELD!!!

Did you look seriously after rust? Ommis have many hidden places  :o

Last year I thought i knew them all, but that was before I rebuilt my sedan.

Rolf

--- End quote ---

Hi Rolf

As of yet I haven't went into the bowels of the ship although I have checked as much as is practicably possible without stripping things off. From what I see things look quite good. I can't see anything untoward and judging by the condition of the bits I can see it looks to be fine. However not being complacent I will be going round it in due course with a finer toothcomb aka torch and screwdriver!

Cheers

Andrew

grifter:
Picked up the battleship tonight (for some reason there is a battle ship theme going on - that I started!) and got straight home as didn't want a fuzz tug with those tyres. On the way I could defo feel the steering was a bit twitchy and almost a bit floaty at times. I kept distance as didn't want to do any sort of hard braking or steering as I wasn't familiar with handling, especially with it being flippin cold as buggary here and the roads all slimy with grit. Also noticed steering wheel on dead centre the car veers slightly to right.

Once it was on my driveway I went out with my trusty head torch and started having a bit more of a look around. Started with a bit of a hose down of the bottom half to get all the grit off. Cleaned out under arches, checked in behind rubber trim on bottom of back door for corrosion etc. Gave those bits a spray of acf 50 anti-rust. Also gave the wiper pivots and the spindle threads a little spray oil, plus door hinges & latches.

Then had a bit of a poke about the engine again. Checked oil etc. Was going to brave checking throttle bodies but didn't want to push my luck lol! Didn't want to start something I couldn't be bothered finishing, especially at silly o clock.

There is a bit of oil stain on sump guard just under front of engine. I did notice this before but had a bit more of a look at it. Obviously need to clean it up first before seeing where it might be coming from. Crank seal, sump seal? I think someone mentioned it's worth taking oil pan off to check oil pick up is clear.

Next step was the boot. I noticed it was a wee bit damp. No leaks or wet carpets, just beads of water on the inner wings and up underneath each side of parcel shelf. Gave this a wipe down, removed spare, cleaned out usual crud you find down there, bits of paper and crumbs. Tidied up first aid kit and tool box compartment bits, securing them up with the rubber strap thing. Will get dehum in there soon anyway as most cars end up damp inside due to cold/wet weather here so worth a good dry out now and again.

That was me done for the night. Next step will be front up in the air and have a look around underneath.

biggriffin:
There's no pictures? It's called the gallery for a reason. :o.
Rant over,  with a list of jobs like that he might be busy :y

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version