Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Line Out from Delco CDR2005  (Read 4828 times)

polilara

• Finland
    • 2.6 Y26SE Elegance 2001
    • View Profile
Re: Line Out from Delco CDR2005
« Reply #15 on: 21 January 2017, 08:15:02 »

Fairly sure the CCR2006 will have the TDA7313N Chip as it uses the Speed Volume sensing, its probably in a different place on the PCB compared to the 2006, so just use KW Mod.

So you mean pins 22-25 for line out?
Yep

Thanks for info. Does anyone have DELCO cdr2005 opened in table to tell me whether TDA7313N is found there. If not, have to find another solution. Understood that at least VDO has done cdr2005, too and it is different inside??

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 21 January 2017, 13:56:18 »

Fairly sure the CCR2006 will have the TDA7313N Chip as it uses the Speed Volume sensing, its probably in a different place on the PCB compared to the 2006, so just use KW Mod.

So you mean pins 22-25 for line out?
Yep

Thanks for info. Does anyone have DELCO cdr2005 opened in table to tell me whether TDA7313N is found there. If not, have to find another solution. Understood that at least VDO has done cdr2005, too and it is different inside??
Easiest way to find out is to take the thing apart the chips probably on the main board, if not just follow the Wiring / Tracks form the Tone Controls.

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 21 January 2017, 17:18:49 »

OK, will be found if it really is there in this DELCO CDR2005, too. If found do you think it is better to cut those mentioned legs or just leave them connected?

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 January 2017, 12:06:46 »

OK, will be found if it really is there in this DELCO CDR2005, too. If found do you think it is better to cut those mentioned legs or just leave them connected?
Sorry, what "mentioned legs" are we talking about here?

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 January 2017, 12:44:21 »

I think he means the pins on the TDA7313N.

The thing is that polilara has a Delco CDR2005, it probably doesn't use the same chip as a Philips/Siemens CCR2006 (but it might do). To take this further someone is going to have to take the cover off a Delco CDR2005 and take some photographs of the chips on the boards.
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 January 2017, 16:04:44 »

Yes like Andy H proposed I tried to ask that when joining the line out wires to pins 22-25 is it better to cut the pins totally so that the signal goes to line out only. Although the speakers will be connected to the new main amp I was just wondering whether the old main amp create problems if pins are connected to it as well. Sorry for the confusion with this foreign language...

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 January 2017, 16:08:06 »

The thing is that polilara has a Delco CDR2005, it probably doesn't use the same chip as a Philips/Siemens CCR2006 (but it might do). To take this further someone is going to have to take the cover off a Delco CDR2005 and take some photographs of the chips on the boards.

Sure, if someone has DELCO CDR 2005 somewhere (not installed to the car) It would be nice to hear if that TDA7313N really is there.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 January 2017, 16:39:50 »

I appreciate were talking a 2005 here, and yes it may or may not have the TDA7313N, this was discussed a few posts up, I think it may have as far as I know the 2005 uses Vol Speed Sense and Steering Wheel Control, so some form of Digital Processing will be in there, even if its not a TDA7313N and something else, a Data Sheet for it will suffice regarding the Output Pins. If it is an old fashion Anologe way of controlling Volume and Tone then it probably makes it easier to sniff the Audio somewhere.

And yes, someone needs to whip one apart to see what in there, which is what I suggested to the OP, if Im honest and without being negative, if the OP doesn't feel comfortable taking the HU apart to investigate, then perhaps Kevin's Line Out Mod isnt for him and should maybe stick with Dave's solution of a Modded Lead on the Speaker Outputs.  :-\

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 January 2017, 17:10:40 »

Yes like Andy H proposed I tried to ask that when joining the line out wires to pins 22-25 is it better to cut the pins totally so that the signal goes to line out only. Although the speakers will be connected to the new main amp I was just wondering whether the old main amp create problems if pins are connected to it as well. Sorry for the confusion with this foreign language...
Ok, understand now, personally, I wouldn't at this stage not with out looking at what and where its being fed to ( this is where a ccrt diagram would be handy), my reasons would be, 1, it may have DC Voltage or Bias on the outputs that are needed as part of the design to feed to next stage, so this may upset the input to the next stage, 2, the outputs will be designed to be fed to an impedance match, by cutting the pins (isolating / floating the outputs, impedance wise) your effectively relying on an impermanence match to your External Amp.

All you want to do is "sniff" the audio from the outputs via some caps and hope that the audio level is enough to match your Amps input, also by floating the outputs you could change to Frequency Response, Signal to Noise level and or introduce unwanted noise as it could act as an aerial introducing all sorts of unwanted signal, for the latter reasons as well its also important to keep your wiring and earth points clean and together and use a good quality screened cables etc.

Downside is the HU's Power Amps will still be running with Audio Information and not feeding any speakers, should really be a issue, but you could if needed feed the unused speaker outputs with some suitable rated resistors of a higher value of the speakers, 50 to 100 Ohm each would probably do the trick.

polilara

• Finland
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 January 2017, 16:20:08 »

I appreciate were talking a 2005 here, and yes it may or may not have the TDA7313N, this was discussed a few posts up, I think it may have as far as I know the 2005 uses Vol Speed Sense and Steering Wheel Control, so some form of Digital Processing will be in there, even if its not a TDA7313N and something else, a Data Sheet for it will suffice regarding the Output Pins. If it is an old fashion Anologe way of controlling Volume and Tone then it probably makes it easier to sniff the Audio somewhere.

And yes, someone needs to whip one apart to see what in there, which is what I suggested to the OP, if Im honest and without being negative, if the OP doesn't feel comfortable taking the HU apart to investigate, then perhaps Kevin's Line Out Mod isnt for him and should maybe stick with Dave's solution of a Modded Lead on the Speaker Outputs.  :-\

Thanks for all comments also of Yesterday 17:10:40. This case seems to be much more complicated than the Aux In case I just did. And due to that Aux In cable taking the HU away from its place and taking it apart is that much more time consuming than before that I just would like to do it only once. That is why I wanted to ensure (if someone might have one ready in pieces) that I do not take this action for nothing, schematic diagram still welcome...
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.035 seconds with 18 queries.