Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Big insurance hikes all round ?  (Read 3797 times)

powerslinky

Big insurance hikes all round ?
« on: 12 March 2017, 10:39:12 »

Just been looking at insuring a 1.8  '05 mondeo  . . :o :o  £200 more than the 2.6 omega :o :o

So then put details in for the omega as a comparison  . . .that is £200 more than I paid in September  as well  :o :o

5 star policy full comp with Co-Op for the omega was £216 in September

Now £418  . . .  what causes an across the board increase like that FFS ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Big insurance hikes all round ?
« Reply #1 on: 12 March 2017, 11:01:58 »

Although a higher insurance group, Omegas seem to have a lower risk score, and low value helps.

I noticed similar when looking for replacements last year - everything else (sensible-ish) was £450, which is about £280 more than the bullet costs
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 12 March 2017, 11:50:02 »

You are correct. Car insurance has become more expensive.

However, despite having points on my licence I have not been stung too much

I pay £324.....£160 (ish) and about £100 for the Corsa

So less than £600 for three cars.

Of course it may be a different story next year.

Olympia5776

• Omega Baron
  • Ireland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 12 March 2017, 12:21:45 »

I sincerely hope you are all not about to be subjected to the rape and pillage by the Insurance companies that we have all endured over here .
Premiums have all went crazy over the last 2 to 3 years with no valid ,credible or sensible reason being given. The successive weak and ineffectual governments have all but ignored the feeding frenzy leaving people no choice but to pay rises of AT LEAST 100-150%. It was announced this week that a significant sum would be made available to equip the Police with ANPR cameras to combat the massive increase in uninsured drivers. These are desperately needed as here in this little backward country the police are forbidden to ask an insurance company ( data protection and no national database) to confirm if an individual is ,or is not , insured. So as long as the antiquated disc is displayed on the windscreen ,even though the policy was cancelled after one month , the officer has no means of proving if it is valid. Smart eh !
My van insurance has risen by 103% this year and every other company I asked to quote were another €200 more . Last year the insurance industry mantra was " no insurance for vehicles over 15 years old " . After 12 years claim free cover the insurer of my Omega said that they would not be renewing my policy . I insisted on and actually have a letter from Zurich refusing to insure my '99 Omega as it is "too old " . The unwritten reason given was that fraudulent claims were more likely to come from vehicles of that age.
We changed my wifes car a few months ago for an almost new Yeti. Her insurance company refunded her €35 when the policy was changed from her previous car worth €8K to her new one worth €25 K . That was OK until they hiked this years premium by €270 .
Frankly it's a national disgrace that these enormous premiums are allowed to be charged without some kind of investigation and credible explanation being given to the nation , but then again , this is Ireland .....
I hasten to add that I have calculated that I have had approx. 88 annual  mainly concurrent insurance policies spread across company, private,commercial and classic
 vehicles with not one claim. When I tell any insurance company this they just laugh and tell me it means nothing ........ >:(
As I said , I hope the cartel of companies have not decided that they can do the same to UK.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 12 March 2017, 12:55:34 »

There is a steady year on year increase, for a reason.
The government will soon be making people pay, for the emergency services to attend most incident's, therefore the insurance industry have seen it coming. We haven't. You have been warned.

What does chief conspiracy member rods2 think.
Hoof'land storeman.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 12 March 2017, 13:04:44 »

The government will soon be making people pay, for the emergency services to attend most incident's, therefore the insurance industry have seen it coming. We haven't. You have been warned.

Not sure. But I think it's aliens from another galaxy planting tiny probes in our brains while we sleep. These 'mind control' probes make us docile and accepting of all the shit that governments and insurance companies throw at us.

Of course the aliens have already planted a mind probe in the brain of Teresa May and other government ministers.

Only I have so far escaped this 'invasion of the brain snatchers'. It is therefore down to me the save the Earth. :)

minifreek

• Omega Knight
  • Wigan
    • 2.4 V70 & 94 Mini SPi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 12 March 2017, 13:27:32 »

Im paying over £1500 for both my cars for insurance.... it never goes down...

I tried to transfer the insurance from the Omega to the Volvo and the insurance company just refused point blank to insure the Volvo as it was too big a risk....!!! They told me they wouldn't insure that type of car... I argued that it was 'just a Volvo estate' and nothing special, but they still refused to insure it....

Its insured fully comp with full NCB and no claims in the past 18 years, I ask why is it so expensive for me when others get it cheaper than me, they never answer me.... All I can say is its the area I live in and that Im a fulltime carer for my wife....

The Mini also has expensive insurance too, but that is a higher value car and more at risk to go missing....
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F...

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 12 March 2017, 14:36:53 »

Not sure. But I think it's aliens from another galaxy planting tiny probes in our brains while we sleep. These 'mind control' probes make us docile and accepting of all the shit that governments and insurance companies throw at us.

Of course the aliens have already planted a mind probe in the brain of Teresa May and other government ministers.

Only I have so far escaped this 'invasion of the brain snatchers'. It is therefore down to me the save the Earth. :)
Best crack on then, lest there be nowt left worth saving... ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 12 March 2017, 16:47:40 »

Best crack on then, lest there be nowt left worth saving... ;D

I'll start by saving all women between the ages of 18 and 30. Any 'ugly mares' I'll send your way, Al. :)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 12 March 2017, 16:49:22 »

Fanks. I think... :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 12 March 2017, 16:52:26 »

You're welcome.

The excessively ugly females you can pass on to STMO. The advancing years mean the old boy is not as fussy as he once was. :)

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 12 March 2017, 17:51:25 »

You're welcome.

The excessively ugly females you can pass on to STMO. The advancing years mean the old boy is not as fussy as he once was. :)
;D  ;D  wanna bet he'll still be picky.

STEMO

« Reply #12 on: 12 March 2017, 17:57:14 »

You're welcome.

They must have a pulse and still be breathing when they reach me.

Ok, I'm flexible on the breathing.

Stallion

• Omega Knight
  • Romford
  • "If you can't CONVINCE them, CONFUSE them"!!
    • 3.2 Irmscher Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 12 March 2017, 18:02:59 »

You're welcome.

They must have a pulse and still be breathing when they reach me.

Ok, I'm flexible on the breathing.

:D ;D

dbug

• Omega Queen
  • Northants
  • Dont knock Linux!
    • Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
    • View Profile
    • Dbug IT Services
« Reply #14 on: 13 March 2017, 01:14:04 »

Just been looking at insuring a 1.8  '05 mondeo  . . :o :o  £200 more than the 2.6 omega :o :o

So then put details in for the omega as a comparison  . . .that is £200 more than I paid in September  as well  :o :o

5 star policy full comp with Co-Op for the omega was £216 in September

Now £418  . . .  what causes an across the board increase like that FFS ?

Hi Al.  I've just bought SWIMBO a Mondeo Estate, insurance very similar to the 2.6 Omega.  Got both cars insured on seperate policies with LV - they wanted £100 a month extra to insure both on same policy - cheaper to take out new policy and cancel old when Omega gone.
1972 Ferrari Dino, 1967 Triumph TR4A, Mondeo 2.0TDCi Estate, Jaguar XJ 5.0V8 Portfolio
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 18 queries.