Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: London bridge.  (Read 12172 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: London bridge.
« Reply #15 on: 04 June 2017, 12:03:46 »

It appears the Police did an excellent job, but its after the event. We need to take measures (probably quite drastic) to stop it from happening. The current preventative measures clearly aren't working.

However, the huge extra plod/army deployed after the last one didn't prevent it. They keep saying they were know to intelligence, so why didn't they do something then?
Simply because the laws of the land prevent them from acting without irrefutable proof. This is less of an issue in the US due to that despicable piece of legistlation known, ironically, as the Patriot Act.

It isn't illegal to consider deliberate acts of malice, or even to talk about them(as long as it doesn't incite or coerce someone into actually doing anything). The line is only crossed when you start to do something to facilitate or otherwise carry out those acts. Up to this point, all the police etc can do is watch and wait.

8 minutes from call to terminated is pretty swift in policing terms, and yes it will have the beardy sandal brigade lefty dogooders up in arms about human rights and the affront to the justice system etc but swift and decisive is a much better deterrent than a decade in prison. Cheaper too, but that's for another day.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 04 June 2017, 12:29:15 »

There is no complete answer, but if those who are involved at all levels in anti terrorism work were to be given much bigger budgets it might be a start.
Then very long (usually full life term) prison sentences become the norm for anyone who browses, downloads, distributes, preaches, Jihadism in any way, progress might be made.
Any bleeding heart liberals who object to the poor little misunderstood dears being treated in this way can share a  cell with them.
We are at war with these creatures, and we need to start treating it as such. Carrying on regardless with a stiff upper lip aint going to help this time. Nor will the current methods and systems being used to combat it.
Politicians keep saying that the first duty of a Government is to protect its people. They need to begin doing that instead of talking about it.
Of course it would also help if we don't elect a Prime minister this week, who has been a lifetime supporter of various terrorist organisations.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 04 June 2017, 12:41:32 »

In my eyes the way i see it...is this is down to the Blair and Cameron and there stupid decisions that they made....

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 04 June 2017, 12:47:29 »

Latest figure I've seen puts the death toll at 7.By all means report such events[in these days of social media/the internet you can't do anything else ] but then let it be.All this banging on for days/weeks after the event,holding vigils etc. only helps to "glorify" it and aid the recruitment campaign of the terrorists imho.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 04 June 2017, 13:01:55 »

Latest figure I've seen puts the death toll at 7.By all means report such events[in these days of social media/the internet you can't do anything else ] but then let it be.All this banging on for days/weeks after the event,holding vigils etc. only helps to "glorify" it and aid the recruitment campaign of the terrorists imho.
That is what my other half just said....  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 04 June 2017, 13:15:31 »

While i have deepest sympathy with the families of all the people caught up in this "event", I am in agreement with Varche that the constant media frenzy gives these scum all the headlines they crave. Endless so called "experts" are wheeled in front of the cameras to spout their theories and also many of the "eye witnesses" didn,t actually see the atrocities happen but only the aftermath. The constant playing of the same footage over and over also feeds their quest for headlines i believe. Don,t bother to watch the mainstream news much now anyway as they only tell you of news that is part of their agenda. Sorry for the rant but it,s let me let off steam. :(

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 04 June 2017, 13:16:55 »

In my eyes the way i see it...is this is down to the Blair and Cameron and there stupid decisions that they made....

They certainly made stupid decisions, but that in no way gives any kind of justification for what these people do. That is purely down to them.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 04 June 2017, 13:45:27 »

The decisions by Blair and Cameron certainly havn't helped, but islamic terrorism has been around longer than the events conjured up by those jokers.  ::)

USS Cole, Nairobi, Dar Es Salaam, 9/11.....

There's lots of stuff on Faceache today attacking Theresa May for selling arms to the Saudis and these terrorist attacks are all her fault.  I very much doubt though that the last thing that went through those bastards tiny minds before the bullets came in was " Well we showed Theresa May... "  :-X
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 04 June 2017, 15:19:04 »

In Covent Garden, yesterday, normally catch a bus rather than walk back in the dark across Waterloo Bridge, but as it was raining and a taxi for hire was coming down the road, used the taxi and caught the earlier than normal 21:12 train from Waterloo.

Terrible what has happened, but it is important to keep it in perspective. The reason the terrorists are resorting to vehicle attacks and stabbings is that they are losing as we can see from the many regular arrests of the extremists.

Tony BLiar and Perter Mandelson have much to answer for with their maas-migration of unskilled people from 3rd World countries from 1997 onwards. :( Once in power, they were quite open on their Gerrymandering in recruiting a whole new generation of Liebour supporters. Talking to earlier generations, that are here and integrated into UK society, they were also worried and hated what was happening. :( Corbyn will be 1000's of times worse with his mass migration, where it is obvious where they won't quote any mass migration figures they have no maximum for their new 3rd world mass migration, with committed terrorists especially welcome as this will provide the ammunition to suspend democracy and taking us back to feudal society, Marxist style, of course. >:( >:( >:(

New measures to restrain and contain the known 3,000 active jihadists in the UK need to be urgently considered and implemented without turning them into community 'martyrs' and 'recruitment adverts' and also how to disrupt the people that are doing this radicalization.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 04 June 2017, 16:49:02 »

In Covent Garden, yesterday, normally catch a bus rather than walk back in the dark across Waterloo Bridge, but as it was raining and a taxi for hire was coming down the road, used the taxi and caught the earlier than normal 21:12 train from Waterloo.

Terrible what has happened, but it is important to keep it in perspective. The reason the terrorists are resorting to vehicle attacks and stabbings is that they are losing as we can see from the many regular arrests of the extremists.

Tony BLiar and Perter Mandelson have much to answer for with their maas-migration of unskilled people from 3rd World countries from 1997 onwards. :( Once in power, they were quite open on their Gerrymandering in recruiting a whole new generation of Liebour supporters. Talking to earlier generations, that are here and integrated into UK society, they were also worried and hated what was happening. :( Corbyn will be 1000's of times worse with his mass migration, where it is obvious where they won't quote any mass migration figures they have no maximum for their new 3rd world mass migration, with committed terrorists especially welcome as this will provide the ammunition to suspend democracy and taking us back to feudal society, Marxist style, of course. >:( >:( >:(

New measures to restrain and contain the known 3,000 active jihadists in the UK need to be urgently considered and implemented without turning them into community 'martyrs' and 'recruitment adverts' and also how to disrupt the people that are doing this radicalization.
Agree with what you say

The difficulty is the new measures. Even if society accepts and funds the war (and it is a war) on home soil terrorists, it will take guts to come up with effective measures and changes to our laws and prison sentences.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 04 June 2017, 19:30:22 »

The reason the terrorists are resorting to vehicle attacks and stabbings is that they are losing as we can see from the many regular arrests of the extremists.

Amen to that. Now we just have to stem the media frenzy each of then causes.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 04 June 2017, 20:01:46 »

Sadly, I support the French tactic, if I recall it correctly.

Within the day of the most recent Isis attack in France the french responded by blasting one or two heads of the hydra in their bolt holes in the mountains. Won't stop it in the longer run most like but certainly calmed mainland attacks in France?

We didn't respond last time. It's time we did.

I now kinda regret typing that but........

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 04 June 2017, 20:07:09 »

Sadly, I support the French tactic, if I recall it correctly.

Within the day of the most recent Isis attack in France the french responded by blasting one or two heads of the hydra in their bolt holes in the mountains. Won't stop it in the longer run most like but certainly calmed mainland attacks in France?

We have to ask permission first, then conduct a risk assessment, then see if we have the relevant paperwork, O and do we have the equipment to deploy, by the time it's been rubber stamped, the powers that be have changed..
Last PM who acted and deployed was Mrs Thatcher.  :y
Hoof'land storeman.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 04 June 2017, 20:13:54 »

I learned a long time ago it's easier to get forgiven for past actions than permission for future ones.

Unfortunately, we have a Dick twirling contest this Thursday and no one in a position to activate retaliation has the balls to do so.

Margaret thatcher she ain't, that's for sure.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 04 June 2017, 20:53:48 »

I thought the responce this time was pretty good. Dead within 8mins of the first call. I'd like to think there won't be a next time ....... but when it does, I hope they shoot first again & then ask questions.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.