Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: London bridge.  (Read 12144 times)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
Re: London bridge.
« Reply #30 on: 04 June 2017, 21:27:01 »

I learned a long time ago it's easier to get forgiven for past actions than permission for future ones.

Unfortunately, we have a Dick twirling contest this Thursday and no one in a position to activate retaliation has the balls to do so.

Against whom would you retaliate? In both recent attacks, the perpetrators were British. And they're already dead, which is the best only outcome we could wish for.

This isn't a country invading another, just pathetic oppsers with a grudge.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 04 June 2017, 21:34:00 »

Isis or daish are either culprits or idols to the gullible. Absolutely nothing but support here for any race or creed but religious extremes that are denounced by their peers certainly, in my personal view, need their futures told quickly and in no uncertain terms.

Not dismissing retribution within 8 minutes in the slightest. It's the root source of the problem that remains the problem.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 04 June 2017, 21:57:00 »

I thought the responce this time was pretty good. Dead within 8mins of the first call. I'd like to think there won't be a next time ....... but when it does, I hope they shoot first again & then ask questions.

Dead within 8 mins was exactly what they had in mind, hence the fake bomb belts. We played into their hands although granted they needed to be stopped and that might have been the only option.
Life in prison contemplating their failed martyrdom might have been a better option. In any case, these were Henmans on the @rse of Hydra, not any of the heads, to expand Bruce's analogy.
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 04 June 2017, 22:02:46 »

We didn't respond last time. It's time we did.

I now kinda regret typing that but........

I thought the responce this time was pretty good. Dead within 8mins of the first call. I'd like to think there won't be a next time ....... but when it does, I hope they shoot first again & then ask questions.

I think Bruce is referring to sending a couple of RAF drones into ISIS territory and taking some of the scumbags out.

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 04 June 2017, 22:07:05 »

Tunnie - exactly.

Mobile phone use limits quote/paste functions somewhat.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 04 June 2017, 22:21:12 »

I learned a long time ago it's easier to get forgiven for past actions than permission for future ones.

Unfortunately, we have a Dick twirling contest this Thursday and no one in a position to activate retaliation has the balls to do so.

Margaret thatcher she ain't, that's for sure.

Very true. And as for the alternative to her. There are no words really. Its a scenario I'm too scared to think about.

P.S. Nice to see you on the forum Brucie.  Aint been the same without you :y
« Last Edit: 04 June 2017, 22:33:54 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 04 June 2017, 22:23:45 »

Racing certainty it will happen again and again. The problem with shoot first then ask questions is innocents will suffer. Hats  off to the police this tme for decisive and correct and accurate action.

I would still like to know what measures could be taken against the 3000 today and maybe 6000 in five years time, jihadists.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

RobG

• Omega Queen
  • Bristol
  • I might have a link, pic or part number for that
    • 16 plate Mokka. Vivaro
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 04 June 2017, 22:30:24 »

I thought the responce this time was pretty good
Only because it was central London and the powers that be decreed that security was beefed up along with "resident" SAS and armed response units. Wonder if 8 minutes would have been achieved in another area of the country
All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

UPVC windows/doors/fascias/soffit/gutters supplied/fitted

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 04 June 2017, 22:33:45 »

Isis or daish are either culprits or idols to the gullible. Absolutely nothing but support here for any race or creed but religious extremes that are denounced by their peers certainly, in my personal view, need their futures told quickly and in no uncertain terms.

Not dismissing retribution within 8 minutes in the slightest. It's the root source of the problem that remains the problem.

ISIS and others with their radicalization are running a hearts and minds operation for angry disaffected young (mainly) male Muslims. We need a counter hearts and minds operation along with taking out of circulation those that are doing the radicalization. Heavy-handed approaches tend to increase the perceived grievances of the disaffected and act as recruitment drivers, so they don't work.
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

hotel21

• Administrator
  • The Kingdom of Fife
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 04 June 2017, 22:46:27 »

Rods, perhaps.

However removal of the various heads may offer some time despite for us to regain ground as regards the regaining of home grown hearts and minds?

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 04 June 2017, 23:03:26 »

Only because it was central London and the powers that be decreed that security was beefed up along with "resident" SAS and armed response units. Wonder if 8 minutes would have been achieved in another area of the country

A while ago I moved away from London. I and sleep much better because of this. Nothing to do with response times, more to do with risk. But actually where I live, if there was a major "incident" I think the response time would be faster, mainly as the geographical area is smaller. How do you provide "rapid response" in London ?

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 05 June 2017, 00:00:02 »

A while ago I moved away from London. I and sleep much better because of this. Nothing to do with response times, more to do with risk. But actually where I live, if there was a major "incident" I think the response time would be faster, mainly as the geographical area is smaller. How do you provide "rapid response" in London ?
Armed police in vehicles on every other street corner...
Onanists always think outside the box.

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 05 June 2017, 10:22:37 »

Yep, thats the current thinking, Response Units floating around in given Areas, that will probably stop when it comes to light there under resourced in other Policing Areas or types of Crime.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 05 June 2017, 12:52:39 »

Yep, thats the current thinking, Response Units floating around in given Areas, that will probably stop when it comes to light there under resourced in other Policing Areas or types of Crime.

Or all police being armed?  Most police officers I have spoken to do not favour this option at all.  In addition the ones who are trained armed response officers know that they will be ultimately held responsible for any "accidental" shootings with the risk of being prosecuted and serving a custodial sentence.  Thus many officers never want to be armed and can be discouraged from going into armed response in the first place. :-X

grifter

• Paisley, Scotland
  • Omega Baron
    • Omega 2.6 CD / Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 05 June 2017, 13:37:50 »

How many more must be bludgeoned though? If we are congratulating response times of the plod then we are effectively saying we don't mind what is happening, as long as he police respind in time. No matter what action we take after the event is not going to stop that act from happening. It's too late by then. We need radical action now.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.058 seconds with 19 queries.