Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: That London place.  (Read 3597 times)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
That London place.
« on: 13 August 2017, 09:44:30 »

So Saturday we go to that London place, as son had been promised a trip to the Lego shop, we goes down by train, nice and easy, gets to kings Cross, then by tube to Leicester Square, no problem, walk up to stairs, at the top, a guy asleep in the path, walking about they are every were, dirty smelly, drug abusers, is this the view tourists see, and the image they take home, other Capital Cities don't seem to have this problem,they get moved.... A street performer is asked to move the crowd in a bit or face being arrested, while 10feet away, a drug user off his face is ignored, then to Trafalgar Square, there's a group of 4 users complete with the obligatory dogs, sleeping bags, 1 asleep the other three having an heated  chat, drinking, Tec, plus the change for a cuppa brigade, 

I think we need to get TB up and running for government to implement his final solution.
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy H

• Omega Lord
  • Auckland
    • Mazda MPV
    • View Profile
Re: That London place.
« Reply #1 on: 13 August 2017, 10:53:24 »

It is called 'care in the community'. We closed all the asylums 40 years ago and sold off the premises for executive houses and shopping centres :(
"Deja Moo - The feeling that you've heard this bull somewhere before."

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 13 August 2017, 10:59:23 »

There must be loads of disused warehouses and the like up and down the country that could be converted into 'shelters'?  :)

It needn't be expensive either, a few bunk beds for the inmates clients comfort and a few rolls of razor wire and padlocks for their own safety.  Job jobbed!  :y
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 13 August 2017, 11:01:44 »

Isn't vagrancy still an arrestable offence? Or is it too much bother for Plod, treading water until his 30 years are up and he can retire (on full pension)?

Ron.

Gaffers

• Omega Queen
  • NE Hampshire/Surrey
    • Ford Ranger Wildtrak
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 13 August 2017, 11:35:04 »

I was in Landan last night.  After dinner at Veeraswary, we went for a walk around the circus, china town and soho and thought it was not very busy at all.  Normally I am fighting through a maelstrom of tourists and peddlars with my shoulders getting a decent workout.  Not last night, even the queue for the Lego shop was only 10-12 people long.  Still got asked for money at nearly every junction but I thought that the weaker pound was supposed to have encourage more tourists :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 13 August 2017, 11:38:45 »

They heard that the BigGriffin was in town!  :-X  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 13 August 2017, 12:01:34 »

I was in Landan last night.  After dinner at Veeraswary, we went for a walk around the circus, china town and soho and thought it was not very busy at all.  Normally I am fighting through a maelstrom of tourists and peddlars with my shoulders getting a decent workout.  Not last night, even the queue for the Lego shop was only 10-12 people long.  Still got asked for money at nearly every junction but I thought that the weaker pound was supposed to have encourage more tourists :-\

We left at around 17.30, was heaving around there most of the day,

There seems to be more vagrants than pigeons, perhaps it should be an offence for people to give to them, seems that not feeding the pigeons seems to have,reduced the pigeons numbers, also you can shoot pigeons.
Hoof'land storeman.

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 13 August 2017, 12:35:51 »

I'm off there next week for a few days, I think most major city's are the same now as the system is so stacked against anyone trying to get off the streets they have little chance. I find conversations around these issues a bit difficult on here as the majority seem to fail to see issues as they are at the lower end of the chain. Mental health services haven't got a hope in hell of effectively helping someone at street level due to complete withdrawal of any outreach workers, funding cut's you see  :'( . You can however get a lovely subsidised, Michelin quality 3 course slap up meal with great wine in the commons/lords for a couple of quid   >:(

Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 13 August 2017, 12:44:20 »

Can anyone eat at the MPs' trough?
I find it hard to feel sorry for some of these vagrants afer seeing quite a few of them emptying their "donations" into a big bag kept behind them, so as not to look as if they are doing too well!  >:(

Ron.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 13 August 2017, 12:53:35 »

Was in the Leicester square monday and in the mcdonalds some guy came up to me and showed me a sign stating he had no money or hadn't eaten in days so I offered him a portion of fries and he shaked his head and rubbed his fingers as if to say no i want money. Told him to jog on!!!

Went to the lego store but tbh didn't think much of it apart from over priced

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 13 August 2017, 13:13:46 »

London is a multicultural shit hole full of beggars, wannabe gangsters, foreign NHS tourists and smackheads  :(

Those true Londoners who could, moved outside the M25 years ago and those true Londoners who couldn't afford too  :( are stuck in what was once the proud capital of England  :(

Knew many a good person from London in the early 80's and loved going down there ...........
Now days, I actually refuse to work around there because I hate it that much  :(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 13 August 2017, 13:45:04 »

Was in the Leicester square monday and in the mcdonalds some guy came up to me and showed me a sign stating he had no money or hadn't eaten in days so I offered him a portion of fries and he shaked his head and rubbed his fingers as if to say no i want money. Told him to jog on!!!

Went to the Lego Storebut tbh didn't think much of it apart from over priced

Prices in the Lego store are the same as you pay in any other store, the Lego company control all prices world wide, stores can mark products down and do special offers with Lego permission, always look on line for sets you want there are deals. 

While in Leicester Square did you see the guy who gets all the Mcdee cups out the bin for the stickers to get free coffee, and also picks up burger king cups to get the free refills. ..
Hoof'land storeman.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 13 August 2017, 14:18:33 »

Went to the Lego Storebut tbh didn't think much of it apart from over priced

Prices in the Lego store are the same as you pay in any other store, the Lego company control all prices world wide, stores can mark products down and do special offers with Lego permission, always look on line for sets you want there are deals. 

While in Leicester Square did you see the guy who gets all the Mcdee cups out the bin for the stickers to get free coffee, and also picks up burger king cups to get the free refills. ..
Shows how out of touch i am with prices lol

No didn't see him but sounds like a good idea though

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 13 August 2017, 14:27:10 »

London, like so many cities around the world, reflect all levels of their societies, with the good, bad and ugly permanently on display.  London has been a much worse city than it is today, being absolutely filthy, smelly, and very dangerous in so many parts of it. The streets during the ages had human and animal waste covering the roads, and a smog was usually making the air from the centre towards the East almost unbreathable, with most Londoners suffering from various serious health conditions, and in earlier centuries plague running rife, with even the waters dangerous to drink even up to the Victorian age.  Monarchs, such as Elizabeth I would take her Royal entourage out of London every summer to avoid it all, travelling to rural parts free from plague and all ills. 

The city we see today maybe is far from perfect, but have a quick read of this summary of conditions in the city during Victorian times, along with progress being made to make improvements:

http://www.britainexpress.com/London/victorian-london.

http://www.britainexpress.com/London/victorian-london.htm

Take a peep at these photo's and just feel the grime and smell the poverty:

http://www.britainexpress.com/London/victorian-london.htm

So when in London, the City I am most proud of, look beyond the modern problems on the streets, and see the clean buildings, streets and majority of people.  Smell the fresh air, and marvel at the clean waters of the Thames that has many fish in it for the first time in centuries, then look up at the blue skies when there is no rain, which is now basically clean compared to the heavily soot polluted stuff that fell out of the sky right up to my childhood in the 1950's.  Oh, and then marvel at being able to see your hands in front of you! ;)

« Last Edit: 13 August 2017, 14:29:27 by Lizzie Zoom »

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 13 August 2017, 14:35:01 »

People are coming to their senses, and realising what a shithole the place is, and avoiding it ;D

And then there is getting in to the shithole. That often means Chiltern Railways. A useless bunch of inept retards (just slightly less retarded than some other operators), with the most arrogant, self centred bunch of self abusers clientele.  You have to argue to get a seat, as everyone thinks its their God-given right to take up the whole row, and be surrounded by the great unwashed.

And its £70 for the privilege.

I fikkin' hate London.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.