Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Auto Insignia - any good?  (Read 3605 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Auto Insignia - any good?
« Reply #15 on: 22 August 2017, 13:04:19 »

I would politely suggest that Tunnie sticks his head into a Hyundai or Kia before describing anything else as plasticky :D

Just because Hyundai & Kia are, doesn't mean Vauxhall isn't  :P
True, but they're seventies space age plasticky rather than modern...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 August 2017, 13:11:34 »

I would politely suggest that Tunnie sticks his head into a Hyundai or Kia before describing anything else as plasticky :D

Just because Hyundai & Kia are, doesn't mean Vauxhall isn't  :P

Well, if it's a choice between a car with a plasticky dashboard or a car with a plasticky cam chain tensioner... ::)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 August 2017, 14:30:27 »

;D

Ye gods you have to be made of stern stuff to ask advice on buying on here. Fuse19 has put the fear of god in me just when I thought a Passat diesel auto would be a nice reliable easy to get maintained vehicle.

I'll do another sweep for a 60mpg Omega estate auto one owner low miles on the for sale sites.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 August 2017, 15:12:10 »

;D

Ye gods you have to be made of stern stuff to ask advice on buying on here. Fuse19 has put the fear of god in me just when I thought a Passat diesel auto would be a nice reliable easy to get maintained vehicle.

I'll do another sweep for a 60mpg Omega estate auto one owner low miles on the for sale sites.

I looked after an A4(same as passat mechanically) that ran until 314000 miles until wiring loom chafed somewhere and the thing caught fire,only ever had servicing/belts/pumps etc and brake work in all that time,no engine or gearbox faults and was still on original clutch albeit on its last legs :y
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 August 2017, 16:30:00 »

;D

I looked after an A4(same as passat mechanically) that ran until 314000 miles until wiring loom chafed somewhere and the thing caught fire,only ever had servicing/belts/pumps etc and brake work in all that time,no engine or gearbox faults and was still on original clutch albeit on its last legs :y

Certainly the case for the older models and engines (although even the older ones had seriously knackered suspension bushes at 100k miles), I have seen a couple of the later ones struggle to pass 80k miles!

pscocoa

• Omega Baron
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • Volvo V90 D5 AWD
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 August 2017, 23:24:09 »

I had to get a bulb from the dealer yesterday and sales guy was showing me the new Insignia - he claims the inside is now BMW style and back of saloon also looks like BMW. Looked pretty good but did not get too close in case I bought one.
[img name=signat_img_resize]http://[/img]

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 August 2017, 00:16:56 »

...he claims the inside is now BMW style...

In other words, "plasticky". ;)
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 August 2017, 08:27:59 »

I had to get a bulb from the dealer yesterday and sales guy was showing me the new Insignia - he claims the inside is now BMW style and back of saloon also looks like BMW. Looked pretty good but did not get too close in case I bought one.

Still no head room in the back of the hatch back version though  ???

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 August 2017, 09:49:34 »

The same can be said for many other hatch backs too  ;)

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 23 August 2017, 10:20:30 »

I can't drive from the back seat, so that's not a problem for me  :D

henryd

• Omega Lord
  • west cornwall
  • VW Touareg R5 tdi Auto
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 August 2017, 13:49:15 »

;D

Certainly the case for the older models and engines (although even the older ones had seriously knackered suspension bushes at 100k miles), I have seen a couple of the later ones struggle to pass 80k miles!

I agree,the later 2.0 diesel has too much thirst for oil which on long life servicing has killed more than a few ::)
other rides 
  mk3 Volvo v70 2.0 Diesel ,Citroen C2, Pug 306 cabriolet
  Sterling elite trekker pikey wagon

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 August 2017, 14:39:02 »

;D

I agree,the later 2.0 diesel has too much thirst for oil which on long life servicing has killed more than a few ::)
A litre every 625 miles is the factory defined consumption rate... It only holds 6.5 litres ;D

Although Tunnie should be aware that he should put a litre in every time he fills up ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.04 seconds with 18 queries.