Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Used car warranty  (Read 1054 times)

STEMO

Used car warranty
« on: 21 August 2017, 19:10:14 »

I got a 90 day warranty with my car, this fact is advertised on every part of their website. However, under the consumer rights act 2015, the minimum warranty is 6 months..that's the law. I think these companies should be made to reflect what the law says on their sites and in their literature. Some people may not be aware of their rights and could accept being fobbed off or pay for repairs.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Used car warranty
« Reply #1 on: 21 August 2017, 20:48:05 »

Did they try to add on an admin. fee?

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 21 August 2017, 20:52:22 »

Did they try to add on an admin. fee?
No.
No warranty, no supagard, no gap insurance, no alloy wheel insurance....thank you, anyway.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 August 2017, 20:58:47 »

I got a 90 day warranty with my car, this fact is advertised on every part of their website. However, under the consumer rights act 2015, the minimum warranty is 6 months..that's the law. I think these companies should be made to reflect what the law says on their sites and in their literature. Some people may not be aware of their rights and could accept being fobbed off or pay for repairs.

You are dealing with people who sell cars.

I very much doubt that honesty and integrity is high on their list.

Just be grateful  your new car has not been stolen or written off after a big shunt. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 August 2017, 20:59:42 »

.......maybe it has. :)

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 21 August 2017, 21:18:18 »

Doubt it...the service printout was from motorbility.  ;D
That's why I'm obliged to thrash the nads off it for a while, under 7000 miles a year for three years is not good for a diesel. Probably only been to the bingo and Aldi.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 August 2017, 21:49:13 »

I got a 90 day warranty with my car, this fact is advertised on every part of their website. However, under the consumer rights act 2015, the minimum warranty is 6 months..that's the law. I think these companies should be made to reflect what the law says on their sites and in their literature.

My understanding (post BMW debacle) is that the 6 month rights under the CRA are distinct from a warranty in that thy afford you extra rights compared to a warranty. Inasmuch as you can't return the car under a warranty.

You are right though, garages go out of their way to avoid telling customers about their rights. Even the Bimmer main stealer a) played dumb and b) tried to tell me I was wrong. Impressively, they tried to do both at the same time  ;D

Lincs Robert

« Reply #7 on: 21 August 2017, 22:58:30 »

Doubt it...the service printout was from motorbility.  ;D
That's why I'm obliged to thrash the nads off it for a while, under 7000 miles a year for three years is not good for a diesel. Probably only been to the bingo and Aldi.

Motorbility - known in the trade as pissmobiles - seriously. I'd just take it for a decent run, maybe 100 miles or so. Come down & see me, take me out for lunch & back home  :y
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.