Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Wi Fi trucks  (Read 3020 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
Re: Wi Fi trucks
« Reply #30 on: 27 August 2017, 16:58:20 »

Well, I'm going on a jolly tomorrow to the seaside and at £18 return its not worth bothering to drive. By the time I pay for the fuel, pay to park....and anyway I drive all day most days ... it would be different though I guess if was having to pay for 3 or 4 tickets.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
Re: Wi Fi trucks
« Reply #31 on: 29 August 2017, 22:08:50 »

So you have 3 trucks in line, with their loads, travelling along, then another 3 behind, with another 3 behind them. Hey, I've just had a brain wave; you call it a train and you place it on rails. Euricka a railway!! ::) ::)  :D

But my genius does not stop there. You build HS2, HS3, HS4, etc,etc.....(you've got the picture) and run super fast freight system, with rail links to the major distribution centres all over the country, with a law passed that all future road distribution centres MUST be rail connected and companies to pay for that.

This way we solve the congested roads problem, cut air pollution (that will shut the environmentalists up) and stop the inherent risks we ALREADY face with conveys of lorries travelling in convey and blocking off exists for other drivers, which will only get much worse if truck haulage continues to breed and these stupid IT conveys are allowed to travel on our heavily congested roads.

In addition I would ask what happens if the leading truck crashes, with the following trucks being hit by the debris? what happens if one of the trucks has a mechanic failure, or tyre blowout?;
what happens at traffic lights when the No1 truck just passes a green light but the others continue to follow over ambers/red as the lead truck cannot, presumably, cannot slam on his breaks to stop?; how will these beasts manage to travel through our heavily contested towns and cities without blocking junctions?  In the event of an accident or traffic law violation, is the lead driver held to account, or one of the other two; how will the law / insurance companies decide? Oh, so many questions.  Driverless cars are one thing, but a 3 lorry IT controlled convoy is quite another! ::)

Very easy Microsoft style solution. Any problem that it can't solve results in the blue screen of death, followed by we are searching the Internet for a solution followed by a 5-minute reboot by which time the 10 minutes of 44 tonnes of auto-armageddon and mayhem will have resolved the problem in one way or another and save TB a fortune in ammunition while getting the same result. :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Why worry about kids hacking the wifi when they have found during driverless car tests placing stickers on the road signs, with stop being one of the easier ones to hack, confuses the AI image interpretation, so it ignores the road sign. :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D

Fog, snow and heavy rain are still problems but where Tesla has a production system when used it reduces accidents by about two-thirds. Ford is the closest to mass-market production with cars from 2020 onwards being fitted. Like it or not it is going to happen and there will no longer be any point in owning a car, you will just book and use as and when needed.

Reduced accident rates, cost savings and efficiency gains make it inevitable worldwide, everywhere except France. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 18 queries.