Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What's the point......  (Read 3551 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
What's the point......
« on: 22 September 2017, 09:27:55 »

..... in Mrs May travelling all the way to Florence to deliver a speech that seemingly everyone already knows the contents of?  :-\

As far as I can make out there will be no-one of any importance in Florence to hear this 'game changing' speech, so why not save some tax payers cash and issue a press release?  ::)

Unless of course she has blind sided everyone and is about tell the EU to stick their divorce bill where the sun don't shine!  ;D

I thought Boris looked quite cheerful as they emerged from No 10 yesterday, Hammond less so....  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: What's the point......
« Reply #1 on: 22 September 2017, 09:30:49 »

Ooops wrong section!  :D  Bit like Mrs May really!  ;D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 22 September 2017, 09:32:24 »

I am rather hoping that the third paragraph is the gist of it :D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 22 September 2017, 12:01:28 »

..... in Mrs May travelling all the way to Florence to deliver a speech that seemingly everyone already knows the contents of?  :-\

As far as I can make out there will be no-one of any importance in Florence to hear this 'game changing' speech, so why not save some tax payers cash and issue a press release?  ::)

Unless of course she has blind sided everyone and is about tell the EU to stick their divorce bill where the sun don't shine!  ;D

I thought Boris looked quite cheerful as they emerged from No 10 yesterday, Hammond less so....  :-\

That would make good viewing. ;D ;D

People voted to leave partly because we would save £350M each week.......which would go directly to the NHS. ::) ::) ::) ;) ;)

They didn't vote to leave so we could pay an additional £20 Billion to our EU chums.......and presumably that is just the start. :-\

Humiliating. :-\ 

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 22 September 2017, 12:34:48 »

Humiliating. :-\

Indeed.

It is becoming apparent that the political world at large is starting to care very little about what we have to say.  :-\

http://www.politics.co.uk/blogs/2017/09/21/may-humiliated-on-world-stage-as-brexit-bites

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 22 September 2017, 12:55:54 »

It'll be interesting to hear what Mother Theresa has to say today.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 22 September 2017, 13:35:49 »

My personal prediction is a load of BS about how "we're all in this together", how "all countries in the process need to pull together to make an agreement work" and some non-committal b0llocks about EU citizens rights and "meeting our obligations".

All followed up by a swift "lovely but we're still not impressed" from the EU side and a GBP drop of 0.5c against the euro.

But, in matters political, I have been wrong before ;D

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 22 September 2017, 13:41:54 »

Ian Dunt the editor of politics.co.uk is as impartial when it comes to BREXIT as Nigal Farage.  He writes that Canada is about to gain what the UK is set to lose, ie free trade with EU.  ::)

What Canada is not gaining though is the requirement to apply EU rules and regulations to their entire economy, they're not gaining the requirement to pay billions into the EU budget, they're not gaining the requirement to allow uncontrolled immigration from the EU, nor are they giving up any of their independence or sovereignty in exchange for trade.  ;)

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 22 September 2017, 13:53:18 »

All of which doesn't alter the point, and the reason I posted the article, that about 20 people could be bothered to stick around and hear what she had to say. Contrast it with Macron's speech, or even the one that our very own Pig Botherer made a few years before.

Far from striding out as a bold new force onto the world stage, in political terms we seem to be fast becoming a small island whistling in the dark. Undoubtedly not helped by our embarrassment of "Brexit negotiators" whose main strategy seems to be to tell everyone within earshot that they aren't being helpful/flexible enough to give us what we want.

STEMO

« Reply #9 on: 22 September 2017, 15:28:58 »

In case you hadn’t noticed, Jimmy, we’ve been an irrelevance for about 30 years now.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 22 September 2017, 17:56:10 »

Far from striding out as a bold new force onto the world stage, in political terms we seem to be fast becoming a small island whistling in the dark. Undoubtedly not helped by our embarrassment of "Brexit negotiators" whose main strategy seems to be to tell everyone within earshot that they aren't being helpful/flexible enough to give us what we want.

It seems as though you'd prefer the "Brexit negotiators" just cough up the £100 billion and roll over on all the other points that the EU are being so intransigent about in their absurd phased 'negotiations'.  ::)

If they did that though, it would really prove your point about the UK becoming diminished and irrelevant!  ;)  ::)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 22 September 2017, 18:35:08 »

It looks like we'll be dancing to the tune and paying EU piper until 2021. The referendum was in 2016.

I'm guessing that around 2020 the transitional period will be extended to 2025. In 2023 it will be extended again to 2030.

Will we ever actually fully leave?

It's a total cluster f*ck.  :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 22 September 2017, 18:42:31 »

It is indeed, because we have a PM who defies medical science by walking upright without a spine. She has done yet another U turn and caved in to Hammond and his ilk, which gives the remaniacs more time and hope to try and reverse or ignore the biggest vote in British history. Its just dragging the issue and all its arguments on and on......
The woman is worse than useless.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 22 September 2017, 18:48:48 »

It is indeed, because we have a PM who defies medical science by walking upright without a spine. She has done yet another U turn and caved in to Hammond and his ilk, which gives the remaniacs more time and hope to try and reverse or ignore the biggest vote in British history. Its just dragging the issue and all its arguments on and on......
The woman is worse than useless.

Yep. All this transitional boll*cks is only going to muddy the waters further.

Piss or get off the pot would be my advice.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 22 September 2017, 19:42:11 »

It seems as though you'd prefer the "Brexit negotiators" just cough up the £100 billion and roll over on all the other points that the EU are being so intransigent about in their absurd phased 'negotiations'.  ::)

If they did that though, it would really prove your point about the UK becoming diminished and irrelevant!  ;)  ::)

Definitely not, my preference would be that we are not doing it at all. But that is not the reality. That said, I will not be jumping on the "we're all in this together" bandwagon, that isn't how these things work. I don't think £100bn is the number, but equally I don't thing just walking away is a viable option either as, regardless of how the next 4-10yrs pan out we will need a relationship with the eu going forward.

We are, what 25% through the process and "we" have already given way on a number of key pieces of the "brexit means brexit" cobblers of 2016. Many more pieces will doubtless follow. It is their club and their rules, which one way or another we will play by sooner or later.
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 18 queries.