Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Hysteria  (Read 5396 times)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
Re: Media Hysteria
« Reply #15 on: 01 November 2017, 21:18:00 »

And despite the fact that JHB emphatically didn't want to make a big deal out of Michael Fallon touching her knee 15 years ago, he has just had to resign as defence secretary over it.
Did someone mention a witchunt ? The world has gone mad.  >:(

Unbelievable!  >:( 

I see that Damian Green is fighting back and has instructed his lawyers!  :y

I have had the pleasure to meet Damien Green a number of times and he is the nicest gentleman like bloke you could ever wish to meet.  He is purposeful as a senior politician, but he a very pleasant, gentle and respectful man.  Frankly I cannot believe he could ever do anything to offend.  :):)

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 01 November 2017, 22:09:01 »

But.....he’s just, more or less, admitted he did do something wrong. He said something like “The world is a different place now to what it was then”.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 01 November 2017, 22:37:05 »

But.....he’s just, more or less, admitted he did do something wrong. He said something like “The world is a different place now to what it was then”.

Yes it appears that there is more to come.  :-\

Maybe he's a serial knee touchist!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 02 November 2017, 17:48:56 »

And despite the fact that JHB emphatically didn't want to make a big deal out of Michael Fallon touching her knee 15 years ago, he has just had to resign as defence secretary over it.

I have had the pleasure to meet Damien Green a number of times and he is the nicest gentleman like bloke you could ever wish to meet.  He is purposeful as a senior politician, but he a very pleasant, gentle and respectful man.  Frankly I cannot believe he could ever do anything to offend.  :):)
Did he not grope you?

I'm still gutted that Jimmy Savile never fondled my arse when I was in his flat.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 02 November 2017, 19:40:52 »

Did he not grope you?

I'm still gutted that Jimmy Savile never fondled my arse when I was in his flat.

;D ;D Nope, he was always a pure gentleman :y

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 09 November 2017, 22:29:02 »

Politics is a blood sport where there are always grudges to be settled, so when Mother Theresa decided to put out the fires with 10 gallons of the best unleaded by calling for new standards, best to get your allegation flame-thrower fired up and fanning the flames early to settle outstanding scores while you still can. :o :o :o

A game of Salem's Lot anyone. :( :( :(

Again it shows how much serial failure Office Junior May is out of her depth, which is having very serious consequences on the day-to-day running of the country and Brexit negotiations. >:( >:( >:(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 09 November 2017, 22:39:38 »

Politics is a blood sport where there are always grudges to be settled, so when Mother Theresa decided to put out the fires with 10 gallons of the best unleaded by calling for new standards, best to get your allegation flame-thrower fired up and fanning the flames early to settle outstanding scores while you still can. :o :o :o

A game of Salem's Lot anyone. :( :( :(

Again it shows how much serial failure Office Junior May is out of her depth, which is having very serious consequences on the day-to-day running of the country and Brexit negotiations. >:( >:( >:(

Well said. She should have fired Boris and definitely fired Patel. I give her six to eight months.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 09 November 2017, 22:45:46 »

Despite what she says, Boris is unsackable in the present circumstances. Its likely his sacking would bring down the Govt.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 09 November 2017, 23:59:35 »

She should have fired Boris and definitely fired Patel. I give her six to eight months.

That long?  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

2boxerdogs

« Reply #24 on: 10 November 2017, 07:49:11 »

It's all getting very silly now , having been a teenager in the early sixties into the seventies if you didn't have some kind of sexual experience during the week you felt you were missing out, and as for all these actress's jumping on the bandwagon  I always thought the " directors casting couch" was well known to everybody.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 10 November 2017, 15:08:19 »

It's all getting very silly now , having been a teenager in the early sixties into the seventies if you didn't have some kind of sexual experience during the week you felt you were missing out, and as for all these actress's jumping on the bandwagon I always thought the " directors casting couch" was well known to everybody.

But was it proper and right? ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 10 November 2017, 16:19:01 »

Possibly not, but if people had spoken out at the time, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this position...

I do wonder about the merits of judging historical events by todays standards :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 10 November 2017, 17:08:48 »

[/quote]

[/quote]

Possibly not, Lizzie, but they knew the score before getting involved, and similarly, is it any more right that "starlets" use their sexuality to gain an advantage over others?  ???

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 10 November 2017, 17:21:25 »

Possibly not, but if people had spoken out at the time, then perhaps we wouldn't be in this position...

I do wonder about the merits of judging historical events by todays standards :-\

Dead right.  With the study of history that is the golden rule; you only judge past events in the CONTEXT of that point in time. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 10 November 2017, 17:25:07 »

[/quote]

Possibly not, Lizzie, but they knew the score before getting involved, and similarly, is it any more right that "starlets" use their sexuality to gain an advantage over others?  ???

Ron.
[/quote]

Indeed Ron, I cannot argue with that.  It WAS what happened at that point in time, on the whatever justification.  Now, in 2017, it cannot be classed as "acceptable" or even "tolerable" within ANY areas of our society and not just in show business: hence the frenzy over people in political power "doing it", and I know many bosses within the commercial sector. ;)
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.044 seconds with 21 queries.