Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Count down to the new(ish) car arrival  (Read 13138 times)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
Re: Count down to the new(ish) car arrival
« Reply #45 on: 08 November 2017, 08:08:39 »

It is a 2016 model year XF diesel......

Nice choice  :y

My budget could see 2010/11 XF-S

Did you get one in correct cylinder arrangement  :)

3.0 diesel is way to pricey to run with my annual mileage so its a 4 pot 2.0 163bhp (but still 0-60 in 8,2 seconds so not to shabby).

The 2016 model year is 200kg lighter than the earlier version with longer wheel base (same body length) and different rear suspension system, so the reduced power is not that noticeable.

That's very impressive, my Mondeo Mk5 2.0l petrol Ecoboost takes 8.0 secs to 62, with considerably more power at 240PS. :y

But the diesel has more torque  :y

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 08 November 2017, 08:12:00 »

Unfortunately, the Xf estate isn't available without the canal boat engine choices :'(

Be a nice upgrade from the Zafira nonetheless  8)

2.0 247bhp Petrol is available in the 2016+ model year  :y

I have to say that the Zafira was a fantastic work horse and actually quite sprightly, with handling which was far from shabby.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 08 November 2017, 08:16:43 »

Half and half, half cash and half standard bank loan (so mileage is irrelevant).

Not seen a dealer finance deal that's worth considering, they are usually long term (5 years) and 9+% APR

Thanks for sharing  :y

Yes seen same myself, was thinking of doing similar  as you as that gives much better flexibility.

Cash + Tesco loan at say 3% over 4 years.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 08 November 2017, 08:18:36 »

Or a Swabian effort...

Not a fan of the newest Volvos, there a bit of a Marmite car
;D

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swabia

::)

I was jesting  ;D ;D ;D ;D

I always ask the brother in law how life is in Swabia when he pops to Backnang

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 08 November 2017, 08:19:00 »

Half and half, half cash and half standard bank loan (so mileage is irrelevant).

Not seen a dealer finance deal that's worth considering, they are usually long term (5 years) and 9+% APR

Yes seen same myself, was thinking of doing similar  as you as that gives much better flexibility.

I got 2.7%  :y

aaronjb

« Reply #50 on: 08 November 2017, 09:05:59 »

Get in there quick before the base rate is 0.75% and loans are 5% ;)

Lincs Robert

« Reply #51 on: 08 November 2017, 09:09:06 »

My customer has one of these - in that config, it flies!

We regularly do the Limerick to Cork run, no real dual carriageway to speak of - so I’m also impressed with the brakes, get used more than they would if I were driving - to be sure  ::)
[/highlight]

So regularly your learning the language.  ;D ;D

Well spotted  :y

Lincs Robert

« Reply #52 on: 08 November 2017, 09:12:27 »

Sainsbury’s Bank were doing 2.8% when I was looking around a few weeks ago, and quite a few places @ 3%. Not sure if these are still available now the rates are edging up.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 08 November 2017, 10:49:22 »

Car finance deals are (mostly) a weapon of last resort, particularly used. Its no accident of course, by going for a stupid APR, they can tell punters that for only £x more a month they could buy brand new instead. Well, as long as your definition of "buy" involves giving them money for a product you'll never own  ;D

SWMBO's yeti is on pcp but only because it was 0%APR and we plan to buy it after the term is up. 

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: 08 November 2017, 11:06:41 »

Dealer HP has its place/uses... PCPs are good for company purchases or if they're interest free for private buyers ;)

If you can afford to over pay, then you may as well save up and buy outright unless circumstances demand it, as in this case...ie primary transport written off.

Hopefully it will serve you as well as the Zafira :y

Unfortunately, the Xf estate isn't available without the canal boat engine choices :'(

Be a nice upgrade from the Zafira nonetheless  8)

2.0 247bhp Petrol is available in the 2016+ model year  :y

I have to say that the Zafira was a fantastic work horse and actually quite sprightly, with handling which was far from shabby.
That's a step in the right direction :y
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 08 November 2017, 11:12:49 »

I got 2.7%  :y

Nice  :)

Get in there quick before the base rate is 0.75% and loans are 5% ;)

Double conundrum here. Rates are looking to go up, plus if the Fox deal finally goes through early next year, it would be the prime time to get something newer and replace the 3.2. Both in terms of loan and personal situation.

But, I car share meaning a months worth of commuting costs  2x tanks of fuel which is not bad (averaging 24mpg) - But I guess car share could end again, although I suspect he is back for a couple of years at least.

However.....

We want a bigger house in the near future, so bigger commute is highly possible? Possible no car share then, so more miles to work, meaning a newer more economical car would be great to already have and not fund as well as a bigger house.

:-\ :-\ :-\

Option B is LPG the 3.2  ::)  :D - Which now is a serious option, as I have the Zafira for family needs.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: 08 November 2017, 11:52:25 »

3.0 diesel is way to pricey to run with my annual mileage so its a 4 pot 2.0 163bhp (but still 0-60 in 8,2 seconds so not to shabby).

The 2016 model year is 200kg lighter than the earlier version with longer wheel base (same body length) and different rear suspension system, so the reduced power is not that noticeable.

That's very impressive, my Mondeo Mk5 2.0l petrol Ecoboost takes 8.0 secs to 62, with considerably more power at 240PS. :y

Which is not condusive to rear tyre longevity ::). Made worse by the fact Jag standard fit SportMaxx fall off a cliff gripwise at around 3mm. Apparently ::)

//Edit: Only yours doesn't have SportMaxx  :-[
« Last Edit: 08 November 2017, 11:54:18 by TheBoy »
Grumpy old man

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 08 November 2017, 11:56:49 »

Which is not condusive to rear tyre longevity ::). Made worse by the fact Jag standard fit SportMaxx fall off a cliff gripwise at around 3mm. Apparently ::)

This tyre is total crap. Whatever were Jaguar thinking. :-\

I now have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 285/30/20 on the rear of my car. Much improved. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: 08 November 2017, 12:03:24 »

I now have Michelin Pilot Sport 4S 285/30/20 on the rear of my car. Much improved. :y
Having had good results on the Omega with PS4, I am tempted to go for them.  But then the recommended tyre is SportMaxx GT (JO), I feel I should try it how it is supposed to be, as a baseline.

Up until the last lot of SportMaxx RTs I had, the Dunlop 9000/SportMaxx range has served me well :y
Grumpy old man

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 08 November 2017, 12:12:48 »

Having had good results on the Omega with PS4, I am tempted to go for them.  But then the recommended tyre is SportMaxx GT (JO), I feel I should try it how it is supposed to be, as a baseline.

Up until the last lot of SportMaxx RTs I had, the Dunlop 9000/SportMaxx range has served me well :y

I am looking to get the Pilot Sport 4 all round for the Zed, I`d like to get the Pilot Sport 4S all round but they don`t make one the right size for the front  :-\
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.