Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Vauxhall Service Plans  (Read 2222 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Vauxhall Service Plans
« on: 08 November 2017, 13:49:59 »

So I bought my Zafira from Fuse19's favourite dealer, Evans Halshaw  :)

It fitted the specs I wanted and budget, so went to a dealer up at St Albans. I did consider other dealers, but often these were "appointment only" places, or some rented industrial unit. Handing over the cash I did, wanted a dealer of some sorts. (did not have to be Vx)

Anywho, they keep calling me to flog me a service plan. I am just ignoring it and initial reaction is just trying to flog something I don't need. As when I bought it, I told them were to go with all the kinds of insurance and warranties they tried to flog. I just bought the car  :)

Any thoughts? Anyone have a Vauxhall one, STEMO?

It's '14 plate, 41k miles. I would need to keep service history up for a few more years, but was planning on just basic oil changes to keep service history stamped up.

I would change, air filter, fuel filter, pollen filters, brake pads etc.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: Vauxhall Service Plans
« Reply #1 on: 08 November 2017, 13:58:52 »

If it's cost effective, do it!  :y

Says Sir Tig heading out into the cold to change the Mondeo's brake pads.  :(  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 08 November 2017, 13:59:36 »

Says Sir Tig heading out into the cold to change the Mondeo's brake pads.  :(  ::)

Rarely is.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 November 2017, 14:00:35 »

If it has a Network Q warranty,  then it might need to see the inside of a dealership...
Onanists always think outside the box.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 08 November 2017, 14:03:21 »

No network Q, just standard 3 month thing.

Normally don't think they are of value, maybe if you do rely on dealers, but not when I will do most things.

STEMO

« Reply #5 on: 08 November 2017, 14:46:55 »

I looked into it, but decided against it on cost. What I did do was register with ‘My Vauxhall’ which gets you 15% off servicing, MOT and parts should you choose to use a dealer for them.

https://my.vauxhall.co.uk

Lincs Robert

« Reply #6 on: 08 November 2017, 15:01:32 »

This is bizarre - I was looking into service plans on the XC earlier. As it’s essentially new it has to be dealer serviced for the first three years - I’m ok with that.

Seems there were some deals that were only available on a “new” car, or another one if taking out Volvos interest free deal on some used models. Either way - I didn’t qualify, never mind.

I then see that Volvo have a “service plan”, into which you pre-pay, and then withdraw as the vehicle is serviced. I know you are giving them money up-front, but it fixes the cost at today’s level. I then notice the “admin fee”, which equates to 5%, up front - screw that!

Finally, my retard award goes to a leading Volvo Dealer who operate their own service plan. I filled in an on-line form and asked to be emailed details of the plan - only being half interested as I suspected it to be similar to the Volvo one.

So, this morning I get a call from them to discuss the plan. I point out I requested an emailed response, they said they needed to check the vehicle details. I say, ok, you’ve got the reg #, what more do you need? The make and model they say. I say, you’ve got that from the on-line form I submitted. They say (this is the best bit), we can’t use that due to data protection. At that point I hang up. Retards .......

I’ll just get it serviced ad-hoc for the first three years and then use a local Volvo indy.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 08 November 2017, 15:07:34 »

No network Q, just standard 3 month thing.

Normally don't think they are of value, maybe if you do rely on dealers, but not when I will do most things.
Diy then and use dealer fixed price for cambelt when due ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 08 November 2017, 15:47:53 »

Rarely is.

I think they vary hugely, the skoda one was £500 for 5yrs coverage. Which seemed good to me (as did spreading the cost on the 0% finance agreement). But the BMW one seemed gobsmackingly expensive.

A lot of places offer fixed price servicing so a comparison shouldn't be hard to do.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 08 November 2017, 17:01:17 »

This is bizarre - I was looking into service plans on the XC earlier. As it’s essentially new it has to be dealer serviced for the first three years - I’m ok with that.

I thought the law had changed on that point.  ???

As long as the car is serviced by a reputable garage and using genuine Volvo parts, then the warranty shouldn't be affected.  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 08 November 2017, 17:45:55 »

Doubt you'll find one cost effective.

Its easy to service, so DIY it. GM oil (presumably dexos2 in it?) is dirt cheap. TC filters getting a bit dear now, unless your dealer delivers, but freely available from everywhere. I'd stick with GM/TC brakes (I stupidly stuck ECP sourced Pagid on my Battlebus, but binned them after 5 or 6 weeks, and went back to the (cheaper) TC ones). TC coolant is probably as cheap as any. Brake fluid, yeah, whatever.

If you want GM service history (really? Nobody cares in this day and age, and you'll keep it forever anyway), its old enough now to have Vauxhall Masterfit service - just take the minor one.  But I wouldn't bother.
Grumpy old man

STEMO

« Reply #11 on: 08 November 2017, 17:49:42 »

I thought the law had changed on that point.  ???

As long as the car is serviced by a reputable garage and using genuine Volvo parts, then the warranty shouldn't be affected.  :-\
I think you are correct, Sir Tig. However, with the wife’s captur, the service includes a software check and update, if necessary. It may be manufacturers wank, but I suppose they could refuse to fix a media nav system that went wrong, blaming a lack of ‘servicing’.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 09 November 2017, 10:31:51 »

Rarely is.

The Nissan ones are very good for the 370 and GT-R, most of the guys buying new tend to get them as they are very cost effective, £500 for the first three services was the last price someone mentioned.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 09 November 2017, 10:34:58 »

Thanks all, as I thought  :y

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 09 November 2017, 12:15:59 »

So I bought my Zafira from Fuse19's favourite dealer, Evans Halshaw  :)

I sincerely hope they are better than the bunch of retards up here  :o

The customer service was the worst I have ever encountered and when the van went in to a family run dealers to find out why the van was getting water in the passenger footwell they found that the pollen filter had been folded up and rammed in  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 19 queries.