Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Images of my derv loan car  (Read 9022 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Images of my derv loan car
« Reply #30 on: 09 November 2017, 10:19:53 »

Long journey ahead of me today.

I've just located the Ad Blue filler cap in the boot. How often am I required to piss in the Ad Blue tank? :)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 09 November 2017, 10:24:44 »

I've just located the Ad Blue filler cap in the boot. How often am I required to piss in the Ad Blue tank? :)

Don't know but it's expensive piss!  :-\

I was with my mate the other day in his Disco 4 and the AdBlue message popped up, so we bought a big bottle (2ltrs) for a tenner and chucked it in.  The light didn't go out, so the AdBlue tank must be a biggun and I don't think you'll need to worry about it on your loaner.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 09 November 2017, 10:25:53 »

In all honesty I couldn't put that car anywhere near its limits on a regular B road and I'm not ashamed to admit it.

I had her well into three figures, don't get me wrong. But unless all these pistonheads frequenters have much greater skills than I, there are some mighty Keyboard warriors out there.

Sure, you can blat it flat out down the slip road, or away from a roundabout, but that hardly requires much dexterity does it?

The problem is it's not really a lot of fun at that kind of pace, I'd much rather have a GT86/mx5/mk1 boxster and actually be able to explore the limits of the cars performance

All slightly 'effete'

Cars designed for girlies to drive to the hairdresser, or the gay man to drive to the gym. ::)

The Datsun 370Z  that Mr Gav owns is more of a proper old-fashioned sports car similar to the Healey 3000 with a nice straight six up front.

Somebody on the Nissan forum said it was a analogue car in a digital age in a discussion comparing it with the new M4`s and Audi`s like the TT RS and RS4`s due to the lack of gadgets, which I find is part of the charm.

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 09 November 2017, 12:21:07 »

I was with my mate the other day in his Disco 4 and the AdBlue message popped up, so we bought a big bottle (2ltrs) for a tenner and chucked it in.  The light didn't go out, so the AdBlue tank must be a biggun and I don't think you'll need to worry about it on your loaner.  ;)

He was done!

AdBlue is circa £10-12 per 10 litres (and less in many places), they consume around 1litre per 500+ miles

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 09 November 2017, 12:27:24 »

The dealer will sort it for you 'me-lord'. plus you get three levels of warning before it refuses to re-start....then it needs at least 3-4 litres to clear it.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 09 November 2017, 13:21:07 »

He was done!

AdBlue is circa £10-12 per 10 litres (and less in many places), they consume around 1litre per 500+ miles

Well yes, but we bought it at a petrol station in Uig on the Isle of Skye.  ::)

I guess it usually gets topped up at service and as neither of us had any experience of AdBlue, we thought it best to bung some in as the Disco is fairly new.  ;)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 09 November 2017, 13:59:08 »

Ah Pig urine used to lower emisssions.  ;D ;D
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 09 November 2017, 15:35:50 »

Ah Pig urine used to lower emisssions.  ;D ;D

I think it`s just a piss take  ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 09 November 2017, 17:42:19 »

But, what I miss that the 3.2 has is effortless power, the ease at which is pulls away without getting in a sweat. So the power does not need to give outright speed :)
That's the key thing for me.

I must be getting old, as I haven't even attempted to max the Shaguar out, suspect it has a limiter anyway.

But its that effortless (and reasonably prompt) getting to desired speed that makes me like more powerful engines.

I went for the ZX10 due to effortless power - want to overtake, don't bother dropping it a load of pegs.  Actually, I never attempted to max that either.  Or the Omegas.  They are all just too quick to max on UK roads safely, as current drivers (as all bikers will know) have no concept of anyone approaching at speed...    ...added to the VAG mentality of pulling into the outside lane without looking, as as long as they indicate, that's fine  >:(
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 09 November 2017, 17:43:52 »

Or the Omegas.
That's a bloody lie. I tried to with Tractor, but failed, ending in a big stop on the motorway, when some pillock didn't see me coming.
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 09 November 2017, 18:53:22 »

Ad-blue is now synthetic, lots of lorryist's carry 10L drums ( ask might sell you some) or go to the truck pumps, ad-blue pumps now, bit cheaper than the little drums/bottles they sell in the fore-court.
Hoof'land storeman.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 09 November 2017, 21:25:50 »

But, what I miss that the 3.2 has is effortless power, the ease at which is pulls away without getting in a sweat. So the power does not need to give outright speed :)

Agreed! The Volvo doesn't have this and it (along with a slush box) would make commuting a whole lot more enjoyable. There are a number of low mileage 3.2 vectra elites at or below the £1k mark which look tempting for an lpg kit  :-X

STEMO

« Reply #42 on: 09 November 2017, 22:19:33 »

I think the trade of between ‘effortless power’ and mpg is not one I’d be prepared to pay. The economic price of having the smooth acceleration under my right foot, should I need it, would be to double my fuel bills.
I’ll put up with noisy, clattery power for the sake of my wallet.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 10 November 2017, 07:43:37 »

Agreed! The Volvo doesn't have this and it (along with a slush box) would make commuting a whole lot more enjoyable. There are a number of low mileage 3.2 vectra elites at or below the £1k mark which look tempting for an lpg kit  :-X

Work has been busier recently, so when going home I far preferred an auto. As just pop it in D and just go, no matter what the traffic just easily and quickly pull away. No need for fast gear changes manual style!

I drove 3.2 yesterday and pulled away from lights with ease and just kept pulling, seriously considering LPGing it now.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 10 November 2017, 11:57:11 »

In your shoes I would do it, 100%. My concern over a v6 omega would be finding a good one. As you don't have that problem, it seems like a no-brainer.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 19 queries.