Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Just Eat to enter FTSE 100  (Read 4726 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
Re: Just Eat to enter FTSE 100
« Reply #30 on: 29 November 2017, 16:02:19 »

New expensive, complicated piece of equipment broke down on first day... apparently because it is foreign  ???

Ffs Lizzie, it would have been more of a worry if the train worked perfectly. The perception that everything is 100% perfect 100% of the time is laughable. The suggestion that had it beern built here it would have worked is, quite frankly, offensive.

Yes it would be nice to be entirely self sufficient for cars/aircraft/trains/food/electricity/cash, but that is not the way the world works. Times change. Accept that and embrace it.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 29 November 2017, 16:09:13 »

See reply number 4.  ::)
Theres doom & gloom if you want to look for it and theres good news if you want to look for it. Always has been, always will be.

It is not a case of me being full of doom and gloom. 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . , the politicians and industry leaders must do better ;)

Well said Lizzie.

In addition, post Brexit, there SHOULD be less Red Tape, compulsory tendering etc that will enable big buyers to buy British and/or the best, rather than the cheapest. I have no idea if Hitachi trains are cheaper, but I do know that in the NHS compulsory and beaurocratic tendering in accordance with EU regulations led to some appalling buying decisions.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 29 November 2017, 16:11:22 »

New expensive, complicated piece of equipment broke down on first day... apparently because it is foreign  ???

Ffs Lizzie, it would have been more of a worry if the train worked perfectly. The perception that everything is 100% perfect 100% of the time is laughable. The suggestion that had it beern built here it would have worked is, quite frankly, offensive.

Yes it would be nice to be entirely self sufficient for cars/aircraft/trains/food/electricity/cash, but that is not the way the world works. Times change. Accept that and embrace it.

They have been testing it for 18 months (maybe longer, I recall being one of the first to see it move under its own power on the Old Dolby test track), it should not have suffered the specific issues it did.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 29 November 2017, 16:27:53 »

You know that is not what I was saying, so do not exaggerate.

What I am saying is we need to get back to "British is best", as I knew when growing up, not everything being stamped with "made in China". To achieve that the public, who buy the goods, must be returned to the perception that this is the case and not think that to buy a reliable car you must buy German or Japanese.  British must again mean quality, but with goods produced at competitive prices.  Those GWR Hitachi trains are just one case in point that I thought the mature amoungst us would relate to, and hopefully can prove to some that buying "foreign" is not a good idea, like it was in yesteryear when I was growing up.  That is what has been lost.

On this site all I am reading is so many stating that Brexit is the best route for this country, and (now I find this offensive) us "remoaners" should just accept what is and stop complaining, as though us 48% of the voters in the Referendum do not matter.  OK, so now in this thread I am for now, but making it, I thought, very clear that the country MUST do better to not only survive but excel in our new found confidence as a completely independent country that will grow our economy and pay for our brave new world expectations.  It is no good just sitting back and using fancy words on what will be so great; as in business you HAVE to achieve your targets and grow the business, proving that all is really good.

This will take a new attitude by politicians, leaders of business and general employers, leading the way with new investment in, as I stated, education and development to produce what we need. Words on this car forum will solve nothing, but what we do at the ballot box could.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 29 November 2017, 16:55:08 »

I have a feeling, but could be wrong, that EU regs forbid our Govt. from simply buying British ?
Brexit will be an opportunity for this country in all kinds of ways. I wont hold out any hope for our politicians to make the most of this situation as it seems they don't just get worse with every incoming generation ,but get worse by the year, or even by the month.
However, on the whole our business people are as good as any you will find anywhere, and they, and the people they employ, are our hope for the future imo.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 29 November 2017, 16:57:01 »

A hefty dose of national pride is certainly in order, on both sides of the Brexit argument, but the constant media driven negativity both here and outside is frustrating to say the least.

See it every single day at work too >:(

I currently work for one of the worlds larget facilities management companies, and they are woeful. My operation is being Tupe'd to a new company in February. This can only be a good thing as that company is 100% owned and operated by its founder and employs less than 4,000 people, and with no shareholders to satisfy can be run without compromise. Yet day in and day out, all I hear is that the new firm will be just the same as the old firm, and it really pisses me off.

Approach everything in life with a negative attitude and it will never end positively.
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 29 November 2017, 17:17:44 »

A hefty dose of national pride is certainly in order, on both sides of the Brexit argument, but the constant media driven negativity both here and outside is frustrating to say the least.

I currently work for one of the worlds larget facilities management companies, and they are woeful. My operation is being Tupe'd to a new company in February. This can only be a good thing as that company is 100% owned and operated by its founder and employs less than 4,000 people, and with no shareholders to satisfy can be run without compromise. Yet day in and day out, all I hear is that the new firm will be just the same as the old firm, and it really pisses me off.

Approach everything in life with a negative attitude and it will never end positively.

Now we can agree on that DG! :y :y

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 29 November 2017, 19:31:17 »

Now we can agree on that DG! :y :y

In the enlightened corporate world, when presented with a proposition . . . two responses

NO ! . . . . . because

YES !  . . . . . if we

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 19 queries.