Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Two weeks to say how much we are going to pay  (Read 11300 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Two weeks to say how much we are going to pay
« on: 10 November 2017, 18:08:29 »

I’ll help with an offer of 780 billion euros. I just plucked a figure out of thin air.

Why havent we seen a detailed bill so we can all on both sides of the channel see if it is fair. Mind you does the EU provide audited accounts?

Sorry but I cant see any other outcome than no deal. Bunch of clowns .
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

STEMO

Re: Two weeks to say how much we are going to pay
« Reply #1 on: 10 November 2017, 18:12:13 »

I don’t care. Barnsley is getting a vote on devolution next month, so you can all eff off......bah gum.  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 10 November 2017, 18:24:23 »

Shouldn't take to weeks to say "your getting far call, by bye".  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 10 November 2017, 19:18:09 »

Seems to me the "negotiations" so far have consisted of the EU telling us what we'll do or else without trying to find a compromise acceptable to all,so I'm surprised they haven't put their own figure on it and tell us we have to pay it or else. TM is after putting it into law that we'll leave at a set time and date.It might help if all our politicians got behind brexit and worked towards getting the best deal we can get for the country instead of constantly trying to score points off each other,but of course that'll never happen.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 10 November 2017, 19:35:24 »

It gets more and more farcical by the day. As I've said from day one the EU commission doesn't want a deal, so it is irrelevant trying to negotiate in good faith. >:( >:( >:(

I have been doing some research and it has made me realise how weak the EU's position is. If they don't start negotiating seriously in December with no money on the table, where no country and I mean no country, on this planet, pays to trade with another one, I can see 2018 getting very interesting. ::) ::) ::)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 10 November 2017, 22:22:19 »

It gets more and more farcical by the day. As I've said from day one the EU commission doesn't want a deal, so it is irrelevant trying to negotiate in good faith. >:( >:( >:(

I have been doing some research and it has made me realise how weak the EU's position is. If they don't start negotiating seriously in December with no money on the table, where no country and I mean no country, on this planet, pays to trade with another one, I can see 2018 getting very interesting. ::) ::) ::)

Yep. Just a big game of "Chicken". I just don't understand how it's all got so "Oh dear, what if  . . . . " Both sides would be crap at playing poker

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 10 November 2017, 22:53:06 »

Here is a suggestion for Barnier.

You can buy Northern Ireland to preserve your borders. Price? We could start at 4 trillion Euros.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 10 November 2017, 22:57:16 »

The people of Northern Ireland might have something to say about being put up for sale, even at that price.  ::) ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 10 November 2017, 23:00:08 »

It would give the shiny new EU army something to do!  ::)  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 11 November 2017, 00:20:08 »

They wouldn't stand a chance.  ;) ;D

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 11 November 2017, 10:46:03 »

Sorry but I cant see any other outcome than no deal.
Which was always going to be the case, or we'd be taken to the cleaners.  On top of that, the EU cannot allow a deal.

Some of the Farage brigade refuse to accept we are an insignificant rock, and we need Europe far more than we need them...  ...and that's the whole point of trading groups, whether private businesses or countries - it allows minnows the same access and deals as the big boys (and deep down, we all know we are insignificant).

So, due to unfortunate timing, we're all Donald Ducked.
Grumpy old man

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 11 November 2017, 12:15:42 »

If the EU was still a trading group (common market) we wouldn't be leaving.
How can you label the worlds 5th largest economy insignificant ?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 11 November 2017, 12:27:46 »

Which was always going to be the case, or we'd be taken to the cleaners.  On top of that, the EU cannot allow a deal.

Some of the Farage brigade refuse to accept we are an insignificant rock, and we need Europe far more than we need them... ...and that's the whole point of trading groups, whether private businesses or countries - it allows minnows the same access and deals as the big boys (and deep down, we all know we are insignificant).

Which is why 40 odd years after joining the club, we still have no preferential trading arrangements with our largest single overseas trading partner, our oldest ally and the worlds largest economy?  The USA?  ???  ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 11 November 2017, 12:50:55 »

Some of the Farage brigade refuse to accept we are an insignificant rock, and we need Europe far more than we need them... ...and that's the whole point of trading groups, whether private businesses or countries - it allows minnows the same access and deals as the big boys (and deep down, we all know we are insignificant).

Which is why 40 odd years after joining the club, we still have no preferential trading arrangements with our largest single overseas trading partner, our oldest ally and the worlds largest economy?  The USA?  ???  ;D
Not quite: Portugal 1386, http://www.historyextra.com/qa/why-portugal-known-as-britain-oldest-ally
 :y :y :y

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 11 November 2017, 13:58:28 »

Which is why 40 odd years after joining the club, we still have no preferential trading arrangements with our largest single overseas trading partner, one of our oldest allies and the worlds largest economy?  The USA?  ???  ;D
Not quite: Portugal 1386, http://www.historyextra.com/qa/why-portugal-known-as-britain-oldest-ally
 :y :y :y

Fair enough Shack and I've amended that for you.  :y 

My point still stands though!  :)

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.