Chat Area > General Discussion Area

drivers side glove box thing.

(1/1)

Chazza12:
The last few days it's been opening up whenever I drive over a bump ar road that vibrates, So this morning decided to have a look at it as it's annoying and my knee really is not enjoying the impact. So anyway, there is 2 plastic pins that stick out on each side for the lock ( grey outside ) and the black locking part has a round ish cut out, could see how its supposed to work but think the pins are worn down, aso was wondering how to fix it. any way had an idea and it seems to have worked, Heat shrink tubes found one that's the right size to go over the pins and cut it off at the pins end after fitting it on and heating it up to shrink it to the pin. but had to do it twice on left side when testing it as it must of been more worn down on that side. now it all seems to be working, gave the but of a bang ( with ignition off ) and its not dropping down now but you can still open it the same way as normal.  would they of had rubber caps on them before ?  As think it would of been a better idea if they did. all seam to work fine now, been for a drive on a bumpy road and its not once come open again  :)

Tick Tock:

--- Quote from: Chazza12 on 15 November 2017, 09:09:41 ---The last few days it's been opening up whenever I drive over a bump ar road that vibrates, So this morning decided to have a look at it as it's annoying and my knee really is not enjoying the impact. So anyway, there is 2 plastic pins that stick out on each side for the lock ( grey outside ) and the black locking part has a round ish cut out, could see how its supposed to work but think the pins are worn down, aso was wondering how to fix it. any way had an idea and it seems to have worked, Heat shrink tubes found one that's the right size to go over the pins and cut it off at the pins end after fitting it on and heating it up to shrink it to the pin. but had to do it twice on left side when testing it as it must of been more worn down on that side. now it all seems to be working, gave the but of a bang ( with ignition off ) and its not dropping down now but you can still open it the same way as normal.  would they of had rubber caps on them before ?  As think it would of been a better idea if they did. all seam to work fine now, been for a drive on a bumpy road and its not once come open again  :)

--- End quote ---

:y

iansoutham:
Well, tried the same on mine today as I have been suffering the same randomly for the past few months and it has not opened yet.

Had to put 2 on the left side and 4 on the right as mine appears quite worn.

It is almost like there should be some thin rubber ends from the factory.

Chazza12:

--- Quote from: iansoutham on 18 November 2017, 18:16:37 ---Well, tried the same on mine today as I have been suffering the same randomly for the past few months and it has not opened yet.

Had to put 2 on the left side and 4 on the right as mine appears quite worn.

It is almost like there should be some thin rubber ends from the factory.

--- End quote ---
  :y I think it would of been better with rubber ends from factory.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version