Omega Help Area > Omega Electrical and Audio Help

Problems retrofitting NCDR 2011 in my elegance.

(1/4) > >>

Petter:
Hi.
I have bought an NCDR 2011 and Cid display for my 2001 omega 2,6v6 elegance
I had to add a few ekstra cables for the display and I'm pretty shore the cables are correct now.
The display works perfect except from no contact whit the radio.
The problem is that the head unit seems to be defective. The symptoms are as follows, no contact whit the Cid, radio turns on and search a radio station . I can't change Chantal or program  it. If I put in a cd everything seems normal,  cd spinns up and the radio is muting, getting ready to play the cd. Then nothing.... No sound at all. When I try to push nav or bc, nothing happens.
I am a professional radio repairman, but can't figure this out.
The donor car was a 2,2 diesel, and the seller told me everything was working before he took it out of the car.
What could be the reason for this fault symptoms.
Petter Halonen

Petter:

Hi.
I have bought an NCDR 2011 and Cid display for my 2001 omega 2,6v6 elegance
I had to add a few ekstra cables for the display and I'm pretty shore the cables are correct now.
The display works perfect except from no contact whit the radio.
The problem is that the head unit seems to be defective.  :( The symptoms are as follows, no contact whit the Cid, radio turns on and search a radio station . I can't change Chantal or program  it. If I put in a cd everything seems normal,  cd spinns up and the radio is muting, getting ready to play the cd. Then nothing.... No sound at all. When I try to push nav or bc, nothing happens.
I am a professional radio repairman, but can't figure this out.  ???
The donor car was a 2,2 diesel, and the seller told me everything was working before he took it out of the car.
What could be the reason for this fault symptoms.  :-\
Can anyone help me gett the schematics for the ncdr2011?

Petter Halonen

Doctor Gollum:
That unit was never offered in the Omega in the UK... But sounds like the laser in it is knackered :-\

Petter:

--- Quote from: Doctor Gollum on 17 November 2017, 23:17:53 ---That unit was never offered in the Omega in the UK... But sounds like the laser in it is knackered :-\

--- End quote ---

It was offered in Norway for 21400kr. It is the same as ncdc2013 but without the cdchanger.

I think it is much more serius than a the laser. I think something is wrong whit the cpu or flash. :'(
Petter

VXL V6:
Sounds to me like there's a pretty major issue with one of the internal boards / components. I would say board swapping is going to be the lowest possible method of fixing but coding between head NCDR and CID may become an issue. An NCDR 1100 might give you the parts you need.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version