Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget Predictions  (Read 14299 times)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Budget Predictions
« Reply #60 on: 18 November 2017, 12:12:39 »

Obviously the 'super rich' would be exempt from tax, they always have been. :)

I think you'll find that the so called 1% pay something like 28% of all Income Tax receipts.  ;)

I refer to the 'super rich' not the 'merely well off', Sir Tig. :)

Also, as a percentage of earnings the poor pay by far the most tax. There is tax and VAT on almost everything. A gallon of petrol is roughly 70% tax and VAT.
« Last Edit: 18 November 2017, 12:17:22 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 18 November 2017, 12:16:38 »

Tax on fags.....tax on booze. The poor pay proportionately far more.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 November 2017, 12:29:03 »

The poor also have a larger proportion of their income which is tax exempt.  ;)

Interestingly, Jeremy Corbyn has voted against raising the personal income tax allowance every time.  ::)  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: 18 November 2017, 12:33:34 »

The poor also have a larger proportion of their income which is tax exempt;)

Interestingly, Jeremy Corbyn has voted against raising the personal income tax allowance every time.  ::)  :)

What....a pitiful £11000. :)

Donald Trump spends more than that for one night with urinating hookers. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 18 November 2017, 12:39:02 »

Genuinely poor people wouldnt even think about spending their money on booze & fags.  ;)

If we weren't so addicted to welfare, and hadn't forgotten the concept of self reliance, we could all pay a lot less in tax. But then the state could be a lot smaller again and we would also need a lot less politicians, quangos, civil servants,so called charities etc. etc. and then millions of people would have to find real jobs.
So, the system suits a hell of a lot of people just the way it is, and us average mugs who go to work and try and rely on our own efforts to keep our heads above water just have to have half our incomes taken away and don't dare complain about it.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 18 November 2017, 12:41:04 »

£11,000 might be pitiful to a wealthy old geezer like yourself M'lud, but it's significant if you earn just over that which many people do.  ::)

The poor are set to be especially hammered in Scotland by their 'progressive' government with the minimum alcohol price law.  I'm not sure of the exact figures but I read that a bottle of strong cider will go up from about £3 to about £11!  :o They won't even be able to afford to get smashed to forget their troubles now and I can see many 'pop up' Offies operating around the council estates out of the back of Transit vans!  ;)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 18 November 2017, 12:46:47 »

Genuinely poor people wouldnt even think about spending their money on booze & fags.  ;)

If we weren't so addicted to welfare, and hadn't forgotten the concept of self reliance, we could all pay a lot less in tax. But then the state could be a lot smaller again and we would also need a lot less politicians, quangos, civil servants,so called charities etc. etc. and then millions of people would have to find real jobs.
So, the system suits a hell of a lot of people just the way it is, and us average mugs who go to work and try and rely on our own efforts to keep our heads above water just have to have half our incomes taken away and don't dare complain about it.

I feel most for the working poor who need their piss poor wages topped up by tax credits. In my view if an employer can not survive without handouts from the taxpayer in order to pay it's employees than it is not a viable business.

Many rogue employers take advantage of this. :-\

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 18 November 2017, 12:50:09 »

£11,000 might be pitiful to a wealthy old geezer like yourself M'lud, but it's significant if you earn just over that which many people do.  ::)

The poor are set to be especially hammered in Scotland by their 'progressive' government with the minimum alcohol price law.  I'm not sure of the exact figures but I read that a bottle of strong cider will go up from about £3 to about £11!  :o They won't even be able to afford to get smashed to forget their troubles now and I can see many 'pop up' Offies operating around the council estates out of the back of Transit vans!  ;)

Some Scots have an unhealthy relationship with alcohol........but I suppose it is the same everywhere. :)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 18 November 2017, 12:59:03 »

I feel most for the working poor who need their piss poor wages topped up by tax credits. In my view if an employer can not survive without handouts from the taxpayer in order to pay it's employees than it is not a viable business.

So cut all such credits, then the employers have to be more realistic.

As an added bonus, the lazy have to get off their arses as well
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 18 November 2017, 13:05:09 »

It's £11,500, not that the extra £500 buys much in the way of anything  ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: 18 November 2017, 13:06:59 »

So cut all such credits, then the employers have to be more realistic.

As an added bonus, the lazy have to get off their arses as well

I very much doubt  such employers would make up the shortfall themselves. They like the idea of employing people, but without the responsibility and cost that goes with it. :-\

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 18 November 2017, 13:07:39 »

In my opinion it was the introduction of Tax Credits that has led to piss poor wages in the first place and it was more about creating a electorate that is reliant on the state and thus more likely to vote Liebour, than genuinely helping the poor.  I used to be a lorryist and in the early 2000's people got paid really good money in the warehouses of the big supermarkets and other big chains, but tax credits and a endless supply of cheap labour from Eastern Europe has meant that most of these jobs are now zero hour contract jobs on minimum wage.  :(

The irony that these changes happened under a Labour Government and their Trade Union paymasters!  >:(

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 18 November 2017, 13:09:48 »

It's £11,500, not that the extra £500 buys much in the way of anything ::)

Just a nice bottle of wine for Lord Opti's dining table.  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 18 November 2017, 13:21:49 »

It's £11,500, not that the extra £500 buys much in the way of anything ::)

Just a nice bottle of wine for Lord Opti's dining table.  ;D

I'm a 3 bottles for £10 man. :)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 18 November 2017, 13:23:46 »

In my opinion it was the introduction of Tax Credits that has led to piss poor wages in the first place and it was more about creating a electorate that is reliant on the state and thus more likely to vote Liebour, than genuinely helping the poor.  I used to be a lorryist and in the early 2000's people got paid really good money in the warehouses of the big supermarkets and other big chains, but tax credits and a endless supply of cheap labour from Eastern Europe has meant that most of these jobs are now zero hour contract jobs on minimum wage.  :(

The irony that these changes happened under a Labour Government and their Trade Union paymasters!  >:(

Nail, head.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9   Go Up

Page created in 0.03 seconds with 19 queries.