Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Failure to stop after accident  (Read 8068 times)

STEMO

Re: Failure to stop after accident
« Reply #30 on: 17 November 2017, 19:20:39 »

Or it's less than 3 yrs old ?
That’s the one  :y

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 17 November 2017, 19:58:39 »

Perhaps you were witnessing a local trailer theft. :-\

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 17 November 2017, 22:12:38 »

Or it's less than 3 yrs old ?
That’s the one  :y

First registered in 1998!

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 17 November 2017, 23:04:26 »

Do the AskMID check as an own vehicle enquiry...

Not sure if HGVs show up on the MOT check as they should be checked every 12 weeks and are therefore effectively MoT exempt :-\
Onanists always think outside the box.

78bex

• Omega Knight
    • 2.2 CD AUTO / FAZER 600
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 17 November 2017, 23:32:14 »

Another reason for a dash cam I think.

That was the first question! Did I have a dash cam? I doubt it would have helped, as the damage was done by the rear side of the other vehicle to the rear side of mine. :y

The dishonest ppl of this world will deny any involvement, what dashcam footage would have confirmed; is that the vehicle in question was passing at the date  & time you state it was & the sound of metal on metal is your Jazz gettin clobbered  >:(

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 18 November 2017, 10:19:09 »

Do the AskMID check as an own vehicle enquiry...

Not sure if HGVs show up on the MOT check as they should be checked every 12 weeks and are therefore effectively MoT exempt :-\

Is 7500KG an HGV? Also doing the AskMID requires some slight fudging of the facts. ::) ::) ::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 18 November 2017, 11:22:48 »

Anything over 3.5t is considered commercial, and anyone who passed their test after '97 requires a separate test to drive over 3.5t or tow a proper (+750kg) trailer.

It's not fudging the facts, merely ticking the appropriate box ::) it doesn't actually tell you anything beyond the fact that it is insured, thereby confirming whether you should pay the £4 for actual information... You could otherwise pay only to find that it's not insured ;)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 18 November 2017, 13:37:26 »

Anything over 3.5t is considered commercial, and anyone who passed their test after '97 requires a separate test to drive over 3.5t or tow a proper (+750kg) trailer.

It's not fudging the facts, merely ticking the appropriate box ::) it doesn't actually tell you anything beyond the fact that it is insured, thereby confirming whether you should pay the £4 for actual information... You could otherwise pay only to find that it's not insured ;)

Correct, you may find the person driving said vehicle, might not have the relevant categories to aim that thing.

It is a very common thing nowdays, ignorance of law changes regarding driving categories.
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 18 November 2017, 13:41:25 »

I am entitled to the insurance information about the vehicle detailed above for one or more of the following reasons: It is either registered/ owned/ insured by me or my employer; I am permitted to drive it; I am an Insurance Broker or agent and acting on behalf of my client.

I understand it is an offence to wrongfully obtain information of this nature without any of the above reasonable causes. If I fail to provide true reasons for acquiring this information I may be committing an offence of unlawfully obtaining data contrary to section 55 of the Data Protection Act 1998. I declare that the information provided will not be used for any purposes unrelated to this enquiry.

This is the bit I have to sign as if it is my vehicle, the other one requires a credit card before releasing info. :(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 18 November 2017, 13:45:02 »

A cursory check is free. Pay for the information using the legitimate third party request process once the cursory own vehicle check confirms insurance.  ;)

Keith ABS

• Omega Baron
  • Maldon Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 18 November 2017, 14:26:32 »

Probably had the other side of the vehicle scrapping along tree and bush branches so could not here the impact with your car Shack. Or radio on to loud

Keith ABS

annihilator

• Wirral
    • 2 Jags XKR/JR
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 18 November 2017, 14:55:25 »

^ what he said,could genuinely be unaware of the collision and if you then trace them it's your word against theirs.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 18 November 2017, 16:08:46 »

She had plenty of room, just didn't know the  size of her vehicle. It is not unusual out here in the sticks to see older, probably low mileage, horseboxes driven by young women, who likely have little experience driving them. I've just received the pile of bumf from the police to fill in, but what a waste of time. >:(

Al, I still can't see anywhere that I can legitimately find out whether it is insured or not on that askMID site. :-\

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 18 November 2017, 17:20:25 »

As you've got the reg number, write to the DVLA, explaining that the vehicle had a collision with yours and didn't stop...

I had a car door bashed in a few years ago in a car park and some kind soul wrote the reg number down and stuck it to my windscreen...
I wrote to the DVLA and in due course they sent me the owners details and I got the cost of sorting the door out when I contacted the owner  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 18 November 2017, 17:51:55 »

She had plenty of room, just didn't know the  size of her vehicle. It is not unusual out here in the sticks to see older, probably low mileage, horseboxes driven by young women, who likely have little experience driving them. I've just received the pile of bumf from the police to fill in, but what a waste of time. >:(

Al, I still can't see anywhere that I can legitimately find out whether it is insured or not on that askMID site. :-\
https://ownvehicle.askmid.com/
« Last Edit: 18 November 2017, 18:08:18 by Doctor Gollum »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.036 seconds with 20 queries.