Chat Area > General Car Chat

What a surprise, not.

(1/4) > >>

ronnyd:
Reading on Beeb ceefax this morning, (sorry no linky) that the number of cars with no VED has tripled since the abolition of the paper tax disc. Blimey, who would have thought it!  ::)  :D

annihilator:
"Ceefax" is your TV gas powered  ;D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti:

--- Quote from: ronnyd on 17 November 2017, 09:27:21 ---Reading on Beeb ceefax this morning, (sorry no linky) that the number of cars with no VED has tripled since the abolition of the paper tax disc. Blimey, who would have thought it!  ::)  :D

--- End quote ---

Yep....the ridiculous idea of removing the tax disc was probably thought up by some trendy focus group with an average age of 17 and three quarters.

I still use a disc. A quick glance and I can tell when my tax is up. It's simple and it works better than the system we have now.

Kevin Wood:

--- Quote from: Field Marshal Dr. Opti on 17 November 2017, 10:45:24 ---
--- Quote from: ronnyd on 17 November 2017, 09:27:21 ---Reading on Beeb ceefax this morning, (sorry no linky) that the number of cars with no VED has tripled since the abolition of the paper tax disc. Blimey, who would have thought it!  ::)  :D

--- End quote ---

Yep....the ridiculous idea of removing the tax disc was probably thought up by some trendy focus group with an average age of 17 and three quarters.

I still use a disc. A quick glance and I can tell when my tax is up. It's simple and it works better than the system we have now.

--- End quote ---

I guess they figured out that we can't afford traffic cops to check them, so might as well save to cost of printing the discs too. ::)

2boxerdogs:
Said it was a stupid idea at the onset.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version