Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Oil leak on v6 and sludge in header

(1/2) > >>

9jdm:
Hi folks. I had a check engine oil warning and when I did found evidence of oil around front right side on subframe and the undertray when looking from front. I can't see any oil leaks as such. On closer inspection I noticed the  header tank has the dredded sludge in it. So I will flush out the system and replace the cooler as per the guide but I need your thoughts on the oil around the front. Could they be related or what else should I check.
Also I can here a slight noise from the power steering pump as the pulley rotates. The fluid level did run low and I topped up. Is this a sign of future failure. All thoughts very greatfully received.

zirk:
Dont bother flushing, fix the Oil Cooler issue first, then Flush (Lots of it). :y

after the Cooler is fixed then look for any other leaks.  ;)

Migv6 le Frog Fan:
The two issues will be unrelated. Oil leak is likely to be cam covers, front crank seal or maybe a result of your leaking PAS pump.

Tick Tock:

--- Quote from: Migv6 on 18 November 2017, 17:29:25 ---The two issues will be unrelated. Oil leak is likely to be cam covers, front crank seal OR oil pressure switch or maybe a result of your leaking PAS pump.

--- End quote ---

TheBoy:
As Migv6 says, the 2 issues are unrelated.

Fix the cooler issue ASAP though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version