Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Latest trade in  (Read 4517 times)

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
Re: Latest trade in
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2017, 13:18:26 »

£13k for a 6 year old car... :(

It's this sort of thing that makes me realise what a bargain my Omega was.

Yup, as been mentioned there is no Ford/Rover/Vauxhall RWD market any more, so it means paying premium prices.

It's more like £15k for say XJ or similar vintage.  :(

FWD can easily be had for £10k and 3 years old, e.g. Insignia, my old VW CC etc.

Big premium for RWD now  :(
Insignia and VW are hardly comparable to a Jag. My astra elite with all the toys was over £26000 new, but I picked it up for £8500, three years old with 20000 miles. Ex mobility so all services done........bargain....but not unusual.

Same with my Zafira that was ex-mobilty, but Vauxhalls always suffer heavy on depreciation.

The Kia RWD saloon will be one to watch on it's value

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2017, 13:29:14 »

Yup, as been mentioned there is no Ford/Rover/Vauxhall RWD market any more, so it means paying premium prices.

FWD can easily be had for £10k and 3 years old, e.g. Insignia, my old VW CC etc.

Insignia and VW are hardly comparable to a Jag. My astra elite with all the toys was over £26000 new, but I picked it up for £8500, three years old with 20000 miles. Ex mobility so all services done........bargain....but not unusual.

Same with my Zafira that was ex-mobilty, but Vauxhalls always suffer heavy on depreciation.

I don’t think it makes a jot of difference to today’s drivers. Most of them have never driven a RWD car and it’s probably way down the list of what they look for.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2017, 14:05:59 »

Stinger?

If so it will depreciate like falling off a cliff and make a shrewd used buy. I like it. :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 November 2017, 17:58:50 »

XF-S means full fat engine, could have optional sports seats. Probably around £10k depending on miles

The 2017 version I drove for a week came with 300BHP and 516lb ft of twist.

Quite nippy albeit over a narrow rev band.
Yeah, all the 3.0d's became 300bhp a couple of years ago. I believe they entirely dropped the half arsed 230bhp 3.0d. And rightly so, as it was pointless.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2017, 18:02:58 »

I don’t think it makes a jot of difference to today’s drivers. Most of them have never driven a RWD car and it’s probably way down the list of what they look for.
Traditionally RWD could offer better comfort, as didn't need to be rock hard in order to get the power down.  Then when all the FWD boyz started getting RWD, they wanted them rock hard.  Now all BMW (in particular) are too stiff, and coupled with the silly ultra low profile tyres that are wicked innit, there almost becomes little point.

I still get pleasure driving RWD (and I don't mean hanging the arse out all the time, I'm getting a bit old for that), but when I eventually slow down, a larger FWD saloon would probably suffice.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2017, 18:58:44 »

I don't know whether it's just me or not,but I'd be interested to hear others views.I have a RWD-the Omega-and a FWD-the V70-and I've owned other RWD/FWD cars in the past.Now in ordinary day to day driving[round town/to the shops etc.]I find no particular sensation that would tell me which wheels are providing the thrust,likewise when travelling the motorways at motorway speeds.Yes when setting off from a standstill using a bit of "hooligan mode" the driven wheels will spin up a lot easier on a FWD car,the turning circle tends to be greater on the FWD[given similarly sized cars and on the "twisties" there are also differences to be noticed.So what other sensations do others experience[which I obviously don't]that screams at them RWD or FWD?

STEMO

« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2017, 19:30:34 »

In an omega. The sensation of thinking you’re going to die when coming off a roundabout in the damp.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 November 2017, 20:26:04 »

In an omega. The sensation of thinking you’re going to die when coming off a roundabout in the damp.

You must have had Autogrips on the back!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2017, 08:35:58 »

Yep, I do wonder what people do to Omegas to make them apparently do this. Mine needs serious provocation to even think about stepping out of line even in the worst driving conditions. :-\
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 23 November 2017, 08:42:41 »

Yep, I do wonder what people do to Omegas to make them apparently do this. Mine needs serious provocation to even think about stepping out of line even in the worst driving conditions. :-\

Indeed. But you don’t skimp on the only contact with the road ;) ::)

Mine was frequently stepping out when I was provoking it but in normal use I only ever had 1 incident (which Wasn’t a drama!) when I found some black ice :-\
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 23 November 2017, 08:45:47 »

I only ever use Kumho tyres these days, and run them right down to the legal limit.

But yes, black ice can do it.

Apparently.... :-[ :-X
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 23 November 2017, 09:08:55 »

I've got Kumho's (KU39's) all around on the 3.2 generally fine, although couple of times in Farnborough other day TC light comes on pulling away. Must have been slippery roads, as generally fine.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 23 November 2017, 17:31:59 »

I only ever use Kumho tyres these days, and run them right down to the legal limit.

But yes, black ice can do it.

Apparently.... :-[ :-X
I like the Kuhmos, but don't use them due to lack of feedback, and to quote what DLK said when I drove Vader to your gaff, I drive like a idiot.

But they are the top of the midrange. And better than some premiums.  But the likes of PS4 are in a different league again, and in the dry, makes it hard to get the arse to step out without Scandanavian Flick type provocations (or hard braking with a lot of lock on).
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 23 November 2017, 17:33:26 »

TC light comes on pulling away. Must have been slippery roads, as generally fine.
I was telling gixer and the cripple back one that I can't pull away at all without the back lighting up at the moment  :'(
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 23 November 2017, 19:35:48 »

They've put this one-a 67K miler at least two owners-up at £13,499.See told you I was a nosey sod :D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.