Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Budget and Brexit  (Read 7334 times)

iansoutham

• SE London
    • Omega 2.0 m/f/l est CDX
    • View Profile
Re: Budget and Brexit
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2017, 22:21:32 »

I drive an i3 most days in work.

They understeer like mad if you push them and if you turn the TC off (it is hidden in the menus, not a button) it will drift nicely up to the point it feels like it will fall over.

They are the future, whether we like it or not.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2017, 22:53:51 »

I had one for an hour.

It doesn't drive have it looks it would (thankfully) and was more fun than I thought it would be. Ultimately, ride was too hard and seats not comfortable enough for the daily grind imho.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 23 November 2017, 08:18:29 »

I had one for an hour.

It doesn't drive have it looks it would (thankfully) and was more fun than I thought it would be. Ultimately, ride was too hard and seats not comfortable enough for the daily grind imho.

Standard BMW features, then. ;D

I guess they aren't as top-heavy as they look thanks to the batteries.  :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 23 November 2017, 11:22:12 »

Yup!

If I were picking an electric commuter I'd probably take the ioniq (once the longer rangebone lands in 2018). There were some hard plastics on the door cards, but the standard car has everything I would want (leather and heated rear seats are the only options) and it was very comfortable indeed. New leaf is a good option too, again generous kit and very comfortable.

Once I've moved house I'll be considering electric. My commute will be around 120miles round trip. Meaning I'll be able to charge the car only at work which is free, plus an hour in the morning so it's all pre heated on a cold morning  :y

The way I worked it out, compared to a diesel doing 48mpg (my Volvo in this case) an electric would be around £90 pcm more over 4 years (approximate duration of the battery/motor warranties) i wouldn't have to service it myself and there are no hidden costs.

As a tool for going to work and back, the arguments are compelling.

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 23 November 2017, 11:32:33 »

Yup!

If I were picking an electric commuter I'd probably take the ioniq (once the longer rangebone lands in 2018). There were some hard plastics on the door cards, but the standard car has everything I would want (leather and heated rear seats are the only options) and it was very comfortable indeed. New leaf is a good option too, again generous kit and very comfortable.

Once I've moved house I'll be considering electric. My commute will be around 120miles round trip. Meaning I'll be able to charge the car only at work which is free, plus an hour in the morning so it's all pre heated on a cold morning  :y

The way I worked it out, compared to a diesel doing 48mpg (my Volvo in this case) an electric would be around £90 pcm more over 4 years (approximate duration of the battery/motor warranties) i wouldn't have to service it myself and there are no hidden costs.

As a tool for going to work and back, the arguments are compelling.

Therein lies the rub. Once companies realise how much it is costing , it will be pass cost on to their customers or charge their staff.
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 23 November 2017, 11:47:23 »

Indeed, although at around 3.5p/mile (not including an off-peak rate discount) its not a large cost even if I were to foot the bill myself.

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 23 November 2017, 15:25:07 »

We had the Nissan Leaf at work , surprisingly quick off the mark and decent performance but never saw more than 100 miles on the range indicator and winter driving used to suck the power away at a pretty rapid rate

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 23 November 2017, 15:28:56 »

Three Leaves :D at work... charged every couple of days. Their primary redeeming feature is that they save us from ferrying the management around ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 23 November 2017, 16:13:41 »

I'm old school. I refuse to drive a milk float*.

*I may make an exception for a Tesla P100D

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 27 November 2017, 15:58:31 »

Yup, I reckon that merc can just about make It out of the car park under its own batter power  ;D.

Guy in my team has just picked up a new i3 which you'll probably start to see around

Does the reg end "SFE"? If so I'm currently parked three cars away from it ..

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 27 November 2017, 16:22:58 »

That's the one. Sorry, didn't see you, I was up in the other building (the 60's concrete and asbestos monstrosity)

aaronjb

« Reply #26 on: 27 November 2017, 17:11:38 »

;D ;D They're all fairly monstrous, but that one does take the biscuit.. Do you park outside the weird mostly empty warehouse thing (at the corner of the road into Rye Hill House) by any chance? </stalker> ;D

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 27 November 2017, 17:25:00 »

;D ;D They're all fairly monstrous, but that one does take the biscuit..

Blimey! Says the man who used to live in Bracknell. :o
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 27 November 2017, 17:31:03 »

120m range probably won't be achievable every day, and remember every time you take more than 50% from the battery, you kill it's capacity a little.
Grumpy old man

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 27 November 2017, 17:53:20 »

;D ;D They're all fairly monstrous, but that one does take the biscuit.. Do you park outside the weird mostly empty warehouse thing (at the corner of the road into Rye Hill House) by any chance? </stalker> ;D

Used to, yes. I now park on the post-apocalyptic waste ground on the other side of the road  ;D

120m range probably won't be achievable every day, and remember every time you take more than 50% from the battery, you kill it's capacity a little.

True, real world range (i.e. None of that NDEC bobbins) is about 150m. So yes, 120rpund trip won't be achievable all the time, but I figure with a bit of charging at home it will be doable with minimum spend from me. That said, if I end up somewhere with easy lpg access. An omega or v6 vec/signum maybe a good option. I really would like an auto, and comethong with a bit more urgency wouldn't go amiss
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 19 queries.