Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What was in the budget for you?  (Read 4625 times)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: What was in the budget for you?
« Reply #15 on: 22 November 2017, 15:12:34 »

Increased road tax on older diesel cars from 2018?

Only on new cars as I understand it, the First Year Rate will go up one band (costing the luckless new owner up to £500 more at the Main Stealer). Old relics such as mine are to be ignored I think.

Also, as predicted, diesel company car owners will take a nice big hit.
The actual wording from the Beeb:
Vehicle excise duty for diesel cars that do not meet latest standards to rise by one band in April 2018

Mine's already top whack at £500  :(

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 22 November 2017, 15:15:50 »

A dull budget delivered in drab fashion by a dreary uninspiring man.
Nothing wrong with a dull budget that costs you nothing.

There is a reason he is known as 'Spreadsheet Phil' :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 22 November 2017, 15:21:06 »

If it's only on new cars I cant see it "hitting" any car owners who don't choose to be hit.

If they don't like it they can buy a proper car. ::)

A car that runs on car fuel as opposed to lorry fuel. Seems fair to me. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 22 November 2017, 15:23:27 »

Only on new cars as I understand it, the First Year Rate will go up one band (costing the luckless new owner up to £500 more at the Main Stealer). Old relics such as mine are to be ignored I think.

Vehicle excise duty for diesel cars that do not meet latest standards to rise by one band in April 2018

They will either  'let you off'  or invent a new higher band. ::)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 22 November 2017, 15:34:54 »

They will either  'let you off'  or invent a new higher band. ::)

;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #20 on: 22 November 2017, 18:31:29 »

Just done the BBC’s budget calculator, we will be £20 a month better off from next April. Better than nowt.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 22 November 2017, 18:32:45 »

I'm suffering CBA, so no idea how much I'm getting screwed for.
Grumpy old man

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 22 November 2017, 18:58:33 »

Just done the BBC’s budget calculator, we will be £20 a month better off from next April. Better than nowt.
I'm around £8 better off, but the questions are a bit wank, as my weeks vary so much, and I have no idea what I earn (other than "not enough" ;D)
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 22 November 2017, 19:05:32 »

Seems a bit pointless raising VED rates as it appears hardly anyone's buying it these days anyway :D ;D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 22 November 2017, 19:44:07 »

HEre is the lowdown on the diesel thingy:

The sale of new diesel cars that do not meet latest emissions standards will face a one-off tax increase in April.
It will apply to the first year of road tax, and be levied on all diesels that do not meet the Real Driving Emissions Step 2 standards on emissions.
According to experts, it means that most new diesels would be subject to the rise.
Chancellor Philip Hammond said the tax change would apply only to cars, and "white van man" was unaffected.
The tax rise will be levied according to a car's CO2 emissions band.
A Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Astra would see a one-off £20 rise and a Land Rover Discovery a £400 increase. Cars in the top band, such as a Porsche Cayenne, would be hit with a £500 tax. 
The chancellor said: "Drivers buying a new car will be able to avoid this charge as soon as manufacturers bring forward the next-generation cleaner diesels that we all want to see.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 22 November 2017, 20:02:00 »

You'd be pretty gutted if you'd just bought your first house in the last couple of weeks.  ::)

Our daughter and her partner exchanged contracts and moved into a flat in London last friday .. :(  First time buyers getting out of rented flats ..  would have saved them £5000 .. :(

STEMO

« Reply #26 on: 22 November 2017, 20:09:16 »

You'd be pretty gutted if you'd just bought your first house in the last couple of weeks.  ::)

Our daughter and her partner exchanged contracts and moved into a flat in London last friday .. :(  First time buyers getting out of rented flats ..  would have saved them £5000 .. :(
I hope they’re not going to let it spoil their move. It’s a really exciting time for them and, while five grand is five grand, they should be walking on air for the first three months, at least.

Entwood

• Omega Queen
  • North Wiltshire
  • My Old 3.2 V6 Elite (LPG)
    • Audi A6 Allroad 3.0 DTI
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 22 November 2017, 20:26:18 »

I hope they’re not going to let it spoil their move. It’s a really exciting time for them and, while five grand is five grand, they should be walking on air for the first three months, at least.

I expect they'll be positive about it, find out on Friday as they are coming down for the weekend. At a guess, they'll be pretty pragmatic as it has taken over 6 months to sort out a few legal niggles since they first made their offer... if that hadn't happened they would have moved 3-4 months ago and the subject would not arise ...

Lincs Robert

« Reply #28 on: 22 November 2017, 21:13:28 »

HEre is the lowdown on the diesel thingy:

The sale of new diesel cars that do not meet latest emissions standards will face a one-off tax increase in April.
It will apply to the first year of road tax, and be levied on all diesels that do not meet the Real Driving Emissions Step 2 standards on emissions.
According to experts, it means that most new diesels would be subject to the rise.
Chancellor Philip Hammond said the tax change would apply only to cars, and "white van man" was unaffected.
The tax rise will be levied according to a car's CO2 emissions band.
A Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Astra would see a one-off £20 rise and a Land Rover Discovery a £400 increase. Cars in the top band, such as a Porsche Cayenne, would be hit with a £500 tax. 
The chancellor said: "Drivers buying a new car will be able to avoid this charge as soon as manufacturers bring forward the next-generation cleaner diesels that we all want to see.

How do you determine latest regulations? My XC is EU6, but doesn’t take Ad-Blue, my mates Jag is EU6 & does take the Ad-Blue stuff. Confusing ......

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 22 November 2017, 21:15:52 »

Set against 6 months less rent and house price growth, I'll bet they've come out on top!

Exactly the same thing happened to Swmbo and I last time they changed stamp duty, we went for a place that was £268k about 4 months before they moved away from the "stepped" system. Cost us about £4K.

As to the budget, I'm £19 better off, swmbo is £16 worse off each month. Looks like the sups noodles and white lightening are on me!  ;D
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 19 queries.