Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: What was in the budget for you?  (Read 4623 times)

STEMO

Re: What was in the budget for you?
« Reply #30 on: 22 November 2017, 21:27:14 »

HEre is the lowdown on the diesel thingy:

The sale of new diesel cars that do not meet latest emissions standards will face a one-off tax increase in April.
It will apply to the first year of road tax, and be levied on all diesels that do not meet the Real Driving Emissions Step 2 standards on emissions.
According to experts, it means that most new diesels would be subject to the rise.
Chancellor Philip Hammond said the tax change would apply only to cars, and "white van man" was unaffected.
The tax rise will be levied according to a car's CO2 emissions band.
A Ford Fiesta or Vauxhall Astra would see a one-off £20 rise and a Land Rover Discovery a £400 increase. Cars in the top band, such as a Porsche Cayenne, would be hit with a £500 tax. 
The chancellor said: "Drivers buying a new car will be able to avoid this charge as soon as manufacturers bring forward the next-generation cleaner diesels that we all want to see.

How do you determine latest regulations? My XC is EU6, but doesn’t take Ad-Blue, my mates Jag is EU6 & does take the Ad-Blue stuff. Confusing ......
Fill yer boots  ;D

http://www.caremissionstestingfacts.eu/rde-real-driving-emissions-test/

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 22 November 2017, 22:24:47 »

Just done the BBC’s budget calculator, we will be £20 a month better off from next April. Better than nowt.
I'm around £8 better off, but the questions are a bit wank, as my weeks vary so much, and I have no idea what I earn (other than "not enough" ;D)

£19.67 better off here, apparently!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 22 November 2017, 22:51:28 »

Just done the BBC’s budget calculator, we will be £20 a month better off from next April. Better than nowt.
I'm around £8 better off, but the questions are a bit wank, as my weeks vary so much, and I have no idea what I earn (other than "not enough" ;D)

Snap. To the penny in fact!  ;)

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 22 November 2017, 22:54:11 »

Snap. To the penny in fact!  ;)

And again ..... exactly to the penny  ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 23 November 2017, 06:22:01 »

You'd be pretty gutted if you'd just bought your first house in the last couple of weeks.  ::)

Our daughter and her partner exchanged contracts and moved into a flat in London last friday .. :(  First time buyers getting out of rented flats ..  would have saved them £5000 .. :(

In London it shouldn't take long for the £5000 to become pretty insignificant, particularly once the budget measures kick in, as they will likely put more heat into the housing market, just as there were small signs that it was starting to cool down a bit at long last.
« Last Edit: 23 November 2017, 06:26:16 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #35 on: 23 November 2017, 09:03:48 »

Likewise.. either we all earn exactly the same amount, or there's something funky in the maths that I don't understand ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 23 November 2017, 09:06:29 »

Likewise.. either we all earn exactly the same amount, or there's something funky in the maths that I don't understand ;D

BBC's random number generator a bit stuck  :D

STEMO

« Reply #37 on: 23 November 2017, 11:44:31 »

It’s the same for everyone in the 40% tax bracket, unless you earn over £150,000......dolts!  ;D

STEMO

« Reply #38 on: 23 November 2017, 11:55:29 »

I was just so relieved that the tax relief on pension contributions for 40%ers wasn’t lowered. That could have been very costly.
Not to say it won’t happen in future.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 23 November 2017, 12:33:25 »

It’s the same for everyone in the 40% tax bracket, unless you earn over £150,000......dolts!  ;D

So long as you don't smoke, or receive any income as dividends, or are entitled to the married couple's allowance   :P

STEMO

« Reply #40 on: 23 November 2017, 12:46:30 »

So long as you don't smoke, or receive any income as dividends, or are entitled to the married couple's allowance   :P
Correct, Jimmy  :y

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 23 November 2017, 15:22:34 »

You'd be pretty gutted if you'd just bought your first house in the last couple of weeks.  ::)
Or stupid... gamble either way so close to a budget ::)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 23 November 2017, 18:43:27 »

Or stupid... gamble either way so close to a budget ::)

When you start the process of buying a house you have no idea really how long it might take.  ;) 

It took me nearly 12 months once from putting my offer in, to completion. Largely because I was ultra careful on that one and made sure I crossed every t and dotted every i!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 23 November 2017, 19:28:08 »

Ever wondered why there has never been a female Chancellor? ::) ::) ::) Just stand in a line bend over and No Lube Phil will show what's required from you for the next 12 months. :o :o :o

It will be a sad day when STEMO doesn't enjoy a good budget. ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.