Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Mobile Data Hungry - Black Friday Unlimited Everything Virgin Mobile (EE Netwrk)  (Read 1876 times)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile

Just had an email, Virgin Mobile will be doing a Black Friday (this Weekend Only) 12 month 4g Sim Only Deal.

Unlimited Mins, Text, and Data (reported to have a Fair Use Policy of 2048Gb, thats 2Tb per month)  :D

£20pm

Other than that I know nothing, so if your interested Hit their Website tomorrow  ;)

Hope it helps someone, Virgin use EE 4g now for there Network.

plym ian

• Omega Baron
  • Plymouth, Devon
    • 2.0 insignia elite tourer
    • View Profile

2TB? I’d burn through that in a weekend on certain adult interest web sites :D

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Actually its Live now, ends Midnight Monday, available In Store as well.

http://store.virginmedia.com/virgin-media-mobile/sim-only/pay-monthly-sim.html

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

2TB? I’d burn through that in a weekend on certain adult interest web sites :D
Trust you to lower the tone,  ;D

I think your struggle watching 2Tb of "that kinda stuff" with a Fibre Broadband in a month.  :-\

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile

Good deal :y

Unfortunately since some tnuc at work stole my phone, I need a new one >:(

So will probably upgrade my Payg 3 SIM to a contract...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Mr.OmegaMan

• Omega Baron
  • Middle of nowhere
    • 3.2 Elite , CLS500
    • View Profile

Thanks for sharing Zirk!  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Thanks for sharing Zirk!  :y
Welcome mate, glad it helps if it can be of use to someone.  ;)

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

Just to add, the offer has just popped up on TopCashBack, with a £48 Casback for the same deal, that brings it down to £16pm for the first year. :y

Silly Cheap for Unlimited everything, let alone the Data.  ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

Its a great deal, but I have no idea how much capacity Virgin buy from Evil Everywhere, being an MVNO.  I'm guessing not a huge amount, in order to be able to offer deals like that.

As an Evil Everywhere customer, I can say the network is very good, with 4G just about everywhere.  When I was at Wembley a few days ago, I did a speed test, and "only" got 90MBps. I was told this was poor, and to try again, and got 147Mbps.  A rough manual calc suggests at that rate, at full chat, I could gobble my monthly 2gb in a couple of minutes ;D

Normal speeds for me are in the 50-70Mbps, significantly faster than most wifi, thus I rarely use wifi.

The downside of the network is penetration in buildings, not having that lovely 900Mhz GSM frequency to fall back on.
Grumpy old man

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile

Its a great deal, but I have no idea how much capacity Virgin buy from Evil Everywhere, being an MVNO.  I'm guessing not a huge amount, in order to be able to offer deals like that.

As an Evil Everywhere customer, I can say the network is very good, with 4G just about everywhere.  When I was at Wembley a few days ago, I did a speed test, and "only" got 90MBps. I was told this was poor, and to try again, and got 147Mbps.  A rough manual calc suggests at that rate, at full chat, I could gobble my monthly 2gb in a couple of minutes ;D

Normal speeds for me are in the 50-70Mbps, significantly faster than most wifi, thus I rarely use wifi.

The downside of the network is penetration in buildings, not having that lovely 900Mhz GSM frequency to fall back on.

Except where I live. I tried an EE sim in my works mobile, the one I get work sent to me on... I couldnt get a signal in a village just down the road, so absolutely no good to me if I carnt get work sent to me!

Its got a niffnaff sim in it now....Very rarely loose signal with O2  :y

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
    • View Profile

They buy a fair bit tbh, but what you wont get is the full chat at 4g EE speed, EE save that for them selves, whether normal or there more expensive Double Speed bundles, I seem to remeber 40Mps is max on Virgin 4g, still not bad.

I cant seem to get anywhere near 4g 90Mbs on EE where I an these days (Double Speed Bundle as well) more like 10 to 20Mbs, interestingly if it reverts back to HSDPA+ I normally get around 15Mbs.

On Voda I can get around 28 to 40Mbs, or again if on HSDPA+ I normally get the full chat at the max 21Mbs.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile

My EE is PAYG, so mot sure if that includes the "double speed" stuff.

I pay £7.50 a month for 2.1G, 200m, unlimited text. I think its called an Everything pack.
Grumpy old man
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 18 queries.