Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Brexit snakes and ladders  (Read 2466 times)

STEMO

Re: Brexit snakes and ladders
« Reply #15 on: 20 December 2017, 14:33:17 »

Anyway... I thought it was article 7......and Hungary will block it.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 20 December 2017, 14:52:38 »

Yeah,well, you see, while I was typing about article 7 swmbo was talking to me about something or other and I pressed the 9 key.......
You know how it goes.  :-[ ;D  Apparently the Commission have now voted to trigger article seven
and it requires a two thirds majority of member states to vote in favour of the decision.

http://www.westmonster.com/commission-triggers-eu-sanctions-on-poland-still-gives-turkey-billions/

I tried to find a similar link, for the sake of balance, from the mainstream media, but none of them seem to be carrying it, so far.  ::)
« Last Edit: 20 December 2017, 14:56:36 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 20 December 2017, 17:34:09 »

I think that the reforms that the Polish government is making will reduce the independence of the judiciary and as an independent judiciary is one of the cornerstones of a modern democratic country I don't necessarily think that these reforms are good.   :-\  It makes you wonder whether Poland is turning away from the Western world and back towards Russia.  :-\ 

Two other things happened in BREXIT land today.  :)

1) It was announced that banks from EU countries will be allowed to operate in The City as they are now and there will be no restrictions post BREXIT.  This is a shrewd move by HMG as (a) it takes the moral high ground over Barnier, who has announced that financial services will not be part of any UK/EU FTA and (b) as time goes on after BREXIT, I suspect that the UK will adopt a lighter regulatory approach over financial services than the EU and EU banks will use their UK base for global operations.   ;)

2) Barnier announced that any transition period post BREXIT will end on 31st December 2020.  This is also good in my view as it will halt any attempts to keep the UK in some sort of endless transition period, and everyone from a street sweeper to the Chairmen of the big blue chips will know when the UK is finally out of the EU!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 December 2017, 17:51:00 »

I think that the reforms that the Polish government is making will reduce the independence of the judiciary and as an independent judiciary is one of the cornerstones of a modern democratic country I don't necessarily think that these reforms are good.   :-\  It makes you wonder whether Poland is turning away from the Western world and back towards Russia.  :-\ 

1) It was announced that banks from EU countries will be allowed to operate in The City as they are now and there will be no restrictions post BREXIT.  This is a shrewd move by HMG as (a) it takes the moral high ground over Barnier, who has announced that financial services will not be part of any UK/EU FTA and (b) as time goes on after BREXIT, I suspect that the UK will adopt a lighter regulatory approach over financial services than the EU and EU banks will use their UK base for global operations.   ;)

2) Barnier announced that any transition period post BREXIT will end on 31st December 2020.  This is also good in my view as it will halt any attempts to keep the UK in some sort of endless transition period, and everyone from a street sweeper to the Chairmen of the big blue chips will know when the UK is finally out of the EU!  :)

Many people believe that government has control of the judiciary. It doesn't.......and shouldn't.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2017, 17:53:50 »

Yes... a shrew move. Barnier may still say a big 'f*ck you' though.

Let's see what happens.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2017, 18:16:03 »

How you can start trade negotiations by stating bluntly that the FTA you will be negotiating will not apply to a major sector of your opposite numbers economy is completely beyond me!  :o  ::)

No wonder that the Canadian deal CETA took nearly a decade to organise with that arrogant approach!  ::)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 20 December 2017, 18:27:52 »

How you can start trade negotiations by stating bluntly that the FTA you will be negotiating will not apply to a major sector of your opposite numbers economy is completely beyond me!  :o  ::)

No wonder that the Canadian deal CETA took nearly a decade to organise with that arrogant approach!  ::)

There will be tears before bedtime, Sir Tig.

Let us hope most are not British tears.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 20 December 2017, 18:52:04 »

We will fight them on the beaches...................... :D ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #24 on: 20 December 2017, 19:05:04 »

We will fight them on the beaches...................... :D ;D
Only if they pass EU regulations for cleanliness.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2017, 00:19:08 »

Far cough then. Have a nice time. Hope no-one nicks your radio.  :y :D

Crime wave in Liverpool now STEMO back.

FTFY
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2017, 00:26:00 »

The wonders of the Internet, it hits deepest Darset and bounces with comments onto OOF all before the London MSM have had chance to leave their Christmas pub crawl. :y
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 21 December 2017, 13:23:33 »

First bits of good BREXIT news in a while (IMO). Long may they continue  :y
Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.026 seconds with 18 queries.