Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Halfords red tool boxes...  (Read 5506 times)

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
Re: Halfords red tool boxes...
« Reply #15 on: 19 December 2017, 17:52:49 »

I would like one, but theres no point in having one. Theres a 6 inch step down out of my shed, then I would have to push it up hill for several metres to where I'm working on the car.  One day I'm going to buy a lottery ticket and then win millions. Then I shall have a garage / workshop.
I shall enjoy this for at least several months, before becoming too old to make use of it.  ;D
Nice to know that you,ve got that well worked out. :D

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 19 December 2017, 20:20:18 »

I got one of the 'desktop' rollcabs, about 18inch tall, but I fit some casters from lidlaldi, and I can navigate a similar step from the kitchen, on/off the decking, and then down through the passage by our house with relative ease.
In the process of upgunning mine, mounting it on a cheap n cheerful tool trolley,  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 19 December 2017, 20:31:01 »

I have the red Halfords top chest, middle 4-drawer chest and the roll cab. The chests sit on the roll cab. I've had mine 3 years (inline with when I started at the garage) and mine are still going strong.

Luckily getting in to this game in later life I haven't been so stupid to be owing my months wages to the snap on man like so many young 'uns do.

I treat my Halfords kit to the occasional wd40 polish and it looks like new.

It doesn't look that sturdy. However I've got exhaust hooks holding all sorts of crap off it and it hasn't affected it. So yes good purchase imo 👍
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 19 December 2017, 23:11:17 »

I would like one, but theres no point in having one. Theres a 6 inch step down out of my shed, then I would have to push it up hill for several metres to where I'm working on the car.

C'mon ..... metric or imperial   ;)

Webby the Bear

• Omega Queen
  • Northampton
    • 2000 (W Reg.) 2.5 V6 CD
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 20 December 2017, 06:14:43 »

I would like one, but theres no point in having one. Theres a 6 inch step down out of my shed, then I would have to push it up hill for several metres to where I'm working on the car.

C'mon ..... metric or imperial   ;)

😂😂😂😂
RIP Paul Lovejoy

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 20 December 2017, 06:27:26 »

I swing both ways on measurements.  :-*  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Diamond Black Geezer

• Omega Lord
  • N E Lincolnshire & Warwickshire
  • Diamond Black '96 CDX V6 - 'Pissy'
    • & a silly coupe coming...
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 20 December 2017, 22:44:17 »

I have the red Halfords top chest, middle 4-drawer chest and the roll cab. The chests sit on the roll cab. I've had mine 3 years (inline with when I started at the garage) and mine are still going strong.

Luckily getting in to this game in later life I haven't been so stupid to be owing my months wages to the snap on man like so many young 'uns do.

I treat my Halfords kit to the occasional wd40 polish and it looks like new.

It doesn't look that sturdy. However I've got exhaust hooks holding all sorts of crap off it and it hasn't affected it. So yes good purchase imo 👍

Well mines lasted well for the 'weekend mechanic' that I am, but knowing youre using yours literally every day, amd its still going strong is a good sign.  :)
Ex-Dealer Kent-Moore Rear Wheel Bearing Tool available for hire, PM for details.

"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." 4th Doctor

aaronjb

« Reply #22 on: 21 December 2017, 09:33:11 »

I have a full tower of red "pro" toolboxes that are lasting well, just a shame some of the drawers are very shallow.
I've also got a full tower of black "industrial" toolboxes and, IMHO, the red ones are better made - a couple of the drawers in the black ones already stick and don't close properly.

I'd have the Kingchrome one from Homebase in a heartbeat though ;D Or the giant black one from Costco - that's exceptionally good value if you can pick it up yourself and is built like the proverbial brick outhouse: https://www.costco.co.uk/view/p/kirkland-signature-42-106-cm-6-drawer-1-cabinet-top-chest-42-106-cm-10-drawer-bottom-tool-chest-803353

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 21 December 2017, 11:08:04 »

I'd have the Kingchrome one from Homebase in a heartbeat though ;D

Do we (as the OOF collective) know anything about Kingchrome? Other than they look sweet that is :P.

They’re not a brand I’ve heard of, but in terms of cost seem significantly above Halfords pro/industrial (bearing in mind only fools buy halfords outside of 50% off) but obviously significantly below strap-on. About on a par with teng maybe?

I’d buy one, but would have to know the quality justified the price and so far I’ve only seen them online.

aaronjb

« Reply #24 on: 21 December 2017, 11:56:35 »

They come from a land down under, where women glow and men plunder.. so they're not overly common over here, I don't think.

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 21 December 2017, 13:18:22 »

Makes sense.

I was going to go and take a look at them in a bun Ning’s store today, as I’m off with nothing to do but xmas shop. But surprisingly there’s no bunnings in Birmingham yet. Nearest one is in MK, and I’m not *that* curious.  ;)

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 21 December 2017, 13:54:14 »

Considering the Pro ones as the budget won't quite stretch to the industrial ones, even at half price...

Anything will be better than the busted plastic teacrates I currently use ::)

Halfords normally have a boxing day additional discount, I seem to recall paying 255 for the industrial top box and trolley

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 25 December 2017, 15:17:30 »

Considering the Pro ones as the budget won't quite stretch to the industrial ones, even at half price...

Anything will be better than the busted plastic teacrates I currently use ::)

Halfords normally have a boxing day additional discount, I seem to recall paying 255 for the industrial top box and trolley

Today’s email offer is £349 for the industrial 6 drawer top and base cabinet combined. Equivalent pro set is £199  :y
« Last Edit: 25 December 2017, 15:20:03 by jimmy944 »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 25 December 2017, 16:14:08 »

Pro-socket sets, 50% off.
Hoof'land storeman.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 25 December 2017, 17:11:52 »

I cant think of any tools I particularly need at the moment, which is a pity as I have a strong urge to buy some.  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.018 seconds with 18 queries.