Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Code 0150

(1/3) > >>

grifter:
I got this after filling up with fuel the other day, not sure if worth mentioning it was costco fuel, car seems to be running fine. however could it be my exhaust as it has been blowing for some time but not got round to fixing it yet as don't use much.

When I shake exhaust you can hear it is full of crap, maybe partially blocked. Will be fixing as soon as however likely not until NY. It's an 02 2.6 and no work has been done on anything recently so light has just come on.

grifter:
I've heard this could be caused by maf sensor, do i need to get a code reader and check what's happening?

Chazza12:

--- Quote from: Jimbob on 12 November 2011, 19:14:16 ---That code relates to a lambda sensor...

P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit High Voltage (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit Slow Response (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0150 O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
P0150 O2 sensor circuit malfunction (Bank 2 Sensor 1)

Wouldnt have thought that would limit you though...

What protection did you put in place before soaking all the engine?  (never a good idea)

--- End quote ---
check this post listing http://www.omegaowners.com/forum/index.php?topic=95702.0

grifter:
How do I tell which one it is out of the 4, or is it all 4?

Chazza12:
if the exhaust is so bad remove the o2 sensor on bank 2 and check its not blocked. but if the exhaust is as bad as you say it is then its no good it will have rust build up in the boxes limiting exhaust gases and building up in the exhaust this will make the sensor unable to adjust fuel etc. and be out of range of the sensor to adjust, and if the back box is the type with the webbing in side the rust build up will be stuck around the pipe. but you really need a new exhaust fitting. its not good on the engine with a damaged exhaust it can do damage to the cats.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version