Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Down

Author Topic: Lincs Robert...  (Read 4715 times)

STEMO

Lincs Robert...
« on: 26 December 2017, 20:58:04 »

....has been and gone and pressed the button. You sarcastic lot have seen him off.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: Lincs Robert...
« Reply #1 on: 26 December 2017, 21:22:34 »

Got a bit cold in Lincolnshire  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

tidla

• Omega Baron
  • solihull
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 26 December 2017, 21:30:00 »

Snowing here. Might go and turn mine on. What did he want to know?... oh never mind. :o

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 December 2017, 21:33:51 »

Also, as he not on here, be able to go and clean the,oven properly now. ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 December 2017, 21:57:34 »

....has been and gone and pressed the button. You sarcastic lot have seen him off.

More like a specific person  ...... the same one as in many other departures

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 December 2017, 22:05:02 »

P*ss-taking is part of the fun on here, but it should be tempered with genuine help if a member makes a serious appeal for guidance.

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 December 2017, 22:25:10 »

You mean me, so you might as well say it out loud.

For the record, again, it wasn't me. I had merely had a play on words at Big Griffins initial post. His mistake had clearly gone over his head, hence my post quoting his response...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 26 December 2017, 23:04:28 »

For the record, again, it wasn't me. I had merely had a play on words at Big Griffins initial post. His mistake had clearly gone over his head, hence my post quoting his response...

I don't need to say it ....
You likely said the same thing when the last person hit the delete button.

Steve B

• Omega Baron
  • Leicestershire
    • '52' MV6 3.2 Saloon
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 26 December 2017, 23:21:58 »

Where is the thread that you lot killed off another member ?

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 26 December 2017, 23:32:34 »

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 27 December 2017, 00:25:17 »

I don't need to say it ....
You likely said the same thing when the last person hit the delete button.
Lord alone knows how you reached that conclusion. >:(

How a quip at somebody else's spelling makes someone jump off the internet can only be explained by the individual concerned.

More likely a touch too much sherry
« Last Edit: 27 December 2017, 00:43:45 by Doctor Gollum »

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 27 December 2017, 08:22:56 »

Obviously doesn't like constructive criticism, regarding the climate in Lincolnshire :-X,, 

I bet the other lord of,Lincolnshire doesn't care about the climate, as he swans around in that big Shagwaar, killing fluffy bunnies with the emissions  ;D
Hoof'land storeman.

tigers_gonads

• Omega Lord
  • Kinston Upon Hull
  • Driving a Honda CR-V which doesn't smell of pee
    • Honda CR-V
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 27 December 2017, 12:56:38 »

Rob's a good bloke and has had a fair bit of shit to deal with over the last few years.
We all get a bit sensitive at times so leave him alone you big bunch of bullying bastards  :-* :-* :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 29 December 2017, 13:06:06 »

What has been going on since I went away for Crimbo? That is a real shame that Robert has been driven off. He was a nice chap and a really helpful guy. Shame on whoever was responsible. >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 29 December 2017, 14:12:27 »

What has been going on since I went away for Crimbo? That is a real shame that Robert has been driven off. He was a nice chap and a really helpful guy. Shame on whoever was responsible. >:(

All i mentioned was the climate in Lincolnshire.
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 29 December 2017, 16:59:23 »

I must say, having now read the original thread, that I can't see anything particularly offensive, so Rob, come back refreshed in the New Year. :y

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 29 December 2017, 17:44:59 »

I must say, having now read the original thread, that I can't see anything particularly offensive, so Rob, come back refreshed in the New Year. :y

No, so often on the OOF, as I have found out in the past, it is an accumulation of wind-ups, sniping, rudeness and pure insults over many posts that get members down and make them in anger push the "delete" button.

All unnecessary, but that is life on an online forum I suppose. :(

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 29 December 2017, 22:48:53 »

Sorry Lizzie, but as all women know, men don't have feelings and so cannot get hurt, can they?

Ron.

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 29 December 2017, 22:53:06 »

No matter what some will say in their defence in that they only said this or pointed out that, the evidence speaks for itself.

The forum does not have the number of members it once had, the fact is if big griffin and the Doctor continue with their attitude and approach, more members will leave. Sadly this is just one of many cases  :'(

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 30 December 2017, 03:42:20 »

Wtf have you been smoking?  :o

Whatever prompted Robert to press the button, there was absolutely no malice in that thread.

Of course, it must be my fault by virtue of having posted anything. Ever.  >:(

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 30 December 2017, 16:40:45 »

No matter what some will say in their defence in that they only said this or pointed out that, the evidence speaks for itself.

The forum does not have the number of members it once had, the fact is if big griffin and the Doctor continue with their attitude and approach, more members will leave. Sadly this is just one of many cases  :'(

Well said Tunnie. You have highlighted the sad fact that regular OOF membership has been severely depleted, and you have said why.

A fair point to be made, which echoes similar comments made by me in the past.  But, what do you get in reply, with an angry face, by one that you named:

"Wtf have you been smoking? :o"

That is the very attitude Tunnie is correctly being critical of!! Case proved :o :o :o ::) ::)

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 30 December 2017, 17:02:24 »

I don’t know the answer to this, as I don’t post much anymore myself, but could the issue with the forum being less busy, be as a result of omegas aging and many folk no longer using them?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 30 December 2017, 17:21:31 »

Yep. :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 30 December 2017, 18:28:00 »

Actually, I think you should read some of your posts too (along with my own I might add) :-X

It’s a sad fact that we all post short, grumpy or downright rude posts sometimes that wouldn’t be interpreted that way face to face.

As for this instance, certainly doesn’t seem to be any real reason to leave there so must be something else underlying
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 30 December 2017, 18:33:02 »

I don’t know the answer to this, as I don’t post much anymore myself, but could the issue with the forum being less busy, be as a result of Omegas ageing and many folk no longer using them?

Yes, much of it is natural wastage. I'm still a member of a Capri forum, even though I haven't owned one for years. But while I used to be really active, all I do now is occasionally read the digest. Time and people move on. Some of them also get the hump, often stupidly which doesn't help anyone. Tone is notoriously hard to judge on forums, and what should have been light hearted banter doesn't come across that way.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 30 December 2017, 19:15:12 »

I don’t know the answer to this, as I don’t post much anymore myself, but could the issue with the forum being less busy, be as a result of omegas aging and many folk no longer using them?
That's sounds far too rational an explanation. After all, there's possibly 35 Omegas for sale on Auto trader and eBay combined...

I have always worked in a dog eat dog, high banter environment. This has probably had more effect on my character than my upbringing might suggest. I make no excuses for how I am though... you either get on with me or you don't. Life's too short for bullshit or pandering.

Every time someone leaves, there's the inevitable autopsy. Invariably I get the blame, sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't. In this case it isn't.

Accept it or not, I don't actually care, but I am getting pissed off with having to justify every single post for the benefit of those who can't or won't think for themselves >:(

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 30 December 2017, 21:01:00 »

That's sounds far too rational an explanation. After all, there's possibly 35 Omegas for sale on Auto trader and eBay combined...

I have always worked in a dog eat dog, high banter environment. This has probably had more effect on my character than my upbringing might suggest. I make no excuses for how I am though... you either get on with me or you don't. Life's too short for bullshit or pandering.

Every time someone leaves, there's the inevitable autopsy. Invariably I get the blame, sometimes it's justified, sometimes it isn't. In this case it isn't.

Accept it or not, I don't actually care, but I am getting pissed off with having to justify every single post for the benefit of those who can't or won't think for themselves >:(

So it seems we've been tar'd with the disruptive,, naughty brush, best go and stand in the corner.
Hoof'land storeman.

Mr Gav

• Omega Knight
  • Leeds
    • Nissan 370z GT Edition
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 30 December 2017, 21:59:47 »

Whatever prompted Robert to press the button, there was absolutely no malice in that thread.

I agree with this, I missed the departure but reading back through the thread I can`t see anything that would provoke someone in to leaving.

Well said Tunnie. You have highlighted the sad fact that regular OOF membership has been severely depleted[highlight/], and you have said why.

More than likely to be less Omegas around than there used to be, as pointed out by JamesV6CDX below your post, as not everyone hangs around after their Omega ownership has ceased, I would gamble that there are less Omega owners on here than owners of other marques.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 31 December 2017, 11:28:34 »

I agree with this, I missed the departure but reading back through the thread I can`t see anything that would provoke someone in to leaving.

Well said Tunnie. You have highlighted the sad fact that regular OOF membership has been severely depleted[highlight/], and you have said why.

More than likely to be less Omegas around than there used to be, as pointed out by JamesV6CDX below your post, as not everyone hangs around after their Omega ownership has ceased, I would gamble that there are less Omega owners on here than owners of other marques.

Yes, I can understand that point of view, but the fact is that the Forum is still attracting a big readership in "Guests".  Last night there were 110 of them at one point, compared to 9 members on line. Why don't more of the 110 Guests join and contribute to the Forum?

My point of view is that unlike in earlier times when you were lucky to get a post in before someone answered before you, and we all used to crack our sides open with extremely funny threads involving many names, some of whom are still around (like Darth Lou Vader, Jimbob, Skrunts, among others), that continued well into the night, we do not have this anymore.  I am not naturally "funny" so I stick to serious subjects that I know, like History and Politics, so I could be partially to blame, but I would LOVE far more humorous threads like the type we used to enjoy.  Yes, we did have the odd bust-up between members (including me) becoming too passionate in their argument, but we did have so much fun!

I also try and give advise in the various "Omega help" sections, but nowadays that advise is either not even commented on or rudely dismissed. So I now hold back from contributing.

It is that rude and arrogant attitude, with horrible comments made, on here that have put so many people off of posting. I KNOW this as when I have "returned" after deleting my account (last at 19,000 posts) in anger at so called "banter", I have other members who now stay silent commenting to me that they no longer spend much time on the Forum due to all the (this word was used by one) "shenanigans" by a minority.

Yes, it may be too late now to resurrect, and especially get more women to contribute, but let us all try to make the Forum more user friendly.  Let us accept others have different points of view to our own, which could be wrong anyway, and NOT insult them by using rude, aggressive, and dismissive comment, like even a "FFS" or "WTF". 

This may now be a totally male forum where I don't fit in anymore, like the other silent female members, but I want to keep my Omega going in tip top condition and I value the help many on here do give.  Let this be a feeling more can enjoy, with more humour by those who can inject it. :y :y :y
« Last Edit: 31 December 2017, 11:30:47 by Lizzie Zoom »

JamesV6CDX

• Omega Queen
  • Gloucestershire/Buckinghamshire
    • Omega 3.2 Retail MV6 LPG
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 31 December 2017, 11:44:20 »

Yes, I can understand that point of view, but the fact is that the Forum is still attracting a big readership in "Guests".  Last night there were 110 of them at one point, compared to 9 members on line. Why don't more of the 110 Guests join and contribute to the Forum?

Because they are search engines indexing the site, not real people, at a guess

Lazydocker

• Omega Queen
  • Woodbridge, Suffolk
  • Constantly Bullied by a certain Admin
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 31 December 2017, 12:55:54 »

Because they are search engines indexing the site, not real people, at a guess

This... It will mostly be “bots” crawling the site for indexing and (potentially) lifting information
Whatever it is... I didn't do it

Marks DTM Calib

• Administrator
  • West Bridgford
  • Git!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 31 December 2017, 14:09:41 »

Yes it was me hitting the 'short term break' button in the interest of maintaining some new year harmony
Pages: 1 2 3 [All]   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 18 queries.