Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Head Unit cage question ?  (Read 4422 times)

powerslinky

Head Unit cage question ?
« on: 30 December 2017, 18:13:26 »

Hi all
         chucked the aftermarket Sony minidisc HU & have replaced with a CCR2006.

Cannot find the cage that I thought I had in the shed,  question is will any 2005 /2006/ 2013 etc. cage

be ok , or does it have to be the specific 2006 one ?   TIA    Al :y

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: Head Unit cage question ?
« Reply #1 on: 30 December 2017, 19:23:24 »

Pretty certain all are the same.
Grumpy old man

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 30 December 2017, 22:03:22 »

Gm double din cages are, std, mines from an Astra.
Hoof'land storeman.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 30 December 2017, 23:28:25 »

Any without CDC will have a pressing folded out of the cage to support the single din innards. Easy enough to press back into the sides ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 31 December 2017, 01:17:59 »

Any without CDC will have a pressing folded out of the cage to support the single din innards. Easy enough to press back into the sides ;)
Exactly as above  :y

powerslinky

« Reply #5 on: 31 December 2017, 10:51:23 »

Thank you  gentlemen  . . . the usual oof mine of knowledge comes to the fore  again  :y

omegod

• Omega Baron
  • liverpool
    • 2017 Seat Ateca
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 31 December 2017, 11:06:39 »

I should have one knocking about if you need one Al
Happy to do Omega servicing etc around Merseyside,cruise activation, airbag lights sorted too...

powerslinky

« Reply #7 on: 31 December 2017, 14:01:57 »

I should have one knocking about if you need one Al

Noted   . . thanks  . .be in touch if I can't find the one I know I've got somewhere ! ::) ::)

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 03 January 2018, 21:01:03 »

Serek might have one :y
Hoof'land storeman.

powerslinky

« Reply #9 on: 04 January 2018, 21:08:06 »

Serek might have one :y

I know it should have a cage . . .  but managed to neatly stow all the connectors & wiring behind HU  and pushed it firmly home & it seems to have locked home nice & flush :o

Have tried a removal with the HU key tools & it comes out fine . .So leaving as is for now   :y :y

Automaticman

• Neston
  • Saxwood
    • Frontera V6 Omega V6
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 19 February 2018, 17:02:23 »

I have a CCR2006 in the recently purchased Omega on a 2000 plate but it is not the original head unit for my car, and having read the BOSE system guide I now think I understand why its making some horrible sounds, according to the write-up the CCR2006 has to be programmed for the BOSE amplifier outputs as it was not the standard choice for the BOSE equipped Omega.....

Can anyone else please confirm ?
When ya wanna shoot, shoot, dont talk !

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 19 February 2018, 18:18:33 »

I have a CCR2006 in the recently purchased Omega on a 2000 plate but it is not the original head unit for my car, and having read the BOSE system guide I now think I understand why its making some horrible sounds, according to the write-up the CCR2006 has to be programmed for the BOSE amplifier outputs as it was not the standard choice for the BOSE equipped Omega.....

Some CCR2006 can be reprogrammed to Bose, most cant.

You'll know if yours is wrong, as a single click of volume knob make a big change in volume
Grumpy old man

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 19 February 2018, 20:13:22 »

Yep if its a late'ish DBW Elite then normally Bose 2006 HU in the 2.6 and NCDC in the 3.2's as a general guide, as TB says not all 2006 were re programmable for Bose Mode, most were either yea or nah.

Also as said Non Bose HU in a Bose set up equals too much volume for little play with the Vol knob then just distortion after that, other way around Bose HU in a Non Bose setup equals hardly any loud volume at full blast ie, only a couple of Watts output at best.

b4ndit

• Omega Knight
  • chester
  • Retired
    • VW Phaeton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 19 February 2018, 20:26:47 »

Yep if its a late'ish DBW Elite then normally Bose 2006 HU in the 2.6 and NCDC in the 3.2's as a general guide, as TB says not all 2006 were re programmable for Bose Mode, most were either yea or nah.

Also as said Non Bose HU in a Bose set up equals too much volume for little play with the Vol knob then just distortion after that, other way around Bose HU in a Non Bose setup equals hardly any loud volume at full blast ie, only a couple of Watts output at best.
If i wanted to take my head unit out of my 3.2 would i have to change all the speakers as well thanks

zirk

• Omega Queen
  • Epping Forest
  • 3.2 Manual Special Saloon ReMapped and LPG'd and
    • 3.2 Manual Special Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 19 February 2018, 20:36:01 »

If i wanted to take my head unit out of my 3.2 would i have to change all the speakers as well thanks
Pretty much,  ...and the Bose Amp and poss the wiring, depending what your plans are.

There are ways around it, but its all pretty much old hat now, so maybe best to start again from fresh.  :-\
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.032 seconds with 19 queries.