Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: NHS Crisis  (Read 4378 times)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
Re: NHS Crisis
« Reply #30 on: 05 January 2018, 14:45:05 »

The NHS has 2 huge, probably unsurmountable issues....

1) Its ineffeiceint and wasteful, as has been stated here.  Our hard earned taxes are being pretty squandered, and we are not getting value for money.

2) We have a society of mongs, who clog up GPs and A&Es with snivels, minor cuts and bruises and those incapable of going out and enjoying themselves sensibly.

I personally don't think 1) can be cured - some of the best business people have pretty much agreed that the NHS is unsustainable, and the current organisation can't be fixed.  2) is cured when I'm president.
Grumpy old man

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 05 January 2018, 18:13:37 »

When I had my little coming together with a saw a few years ago, I had to attend A&E in order to get the skin joined back together over the exposed bone as it was cleaer that Duck tape would not achieve the same means (and it was considered).

When you sit and observe what is going on around you for four hours its clear why A&E is in a mess, sights I observed (but were not limited to) included:

A University student who had cut her finger, after three hours she was asked to raise her hand as a nurse applied a sticking plaster and sent her on her way.

Two drunks, brought in by ambulance, one left of his won accord after two hours and the second kept throwing up in the bin (she was in a real state).

Numerous drug addicts

One guy in his twenties with stomach cramps, after a few hours he disappeared, then came back and declared he had crimped a length and felt much better.

Another guy was of foreign decent and waited around for 4 hours so he could get free Paracetamol.

There were plenty of others to which probably accounted for around half of the people there.....all time wasters and all have to be seen, assessed, then treated.

My last visit to A&E was a year or so ago when I cut almost half way through my hand. I was seen and dealt with very quickly and efficiently, well there was quite a lot of blood! However, most of the others waiting were candidates for TBs cull   :-X   When someone goes to A&E for some pathetic reason, why does the whole family have to go with them ?

It,s seen as a day out for them. Pikeys are the worse, the two to a bed rule means sod all to them. Also, the staff get threatened if they try to enforce it.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 06 January 2018, 10:58:51 »

I tried to get out of my last visit to A&E (crickey, was that really 18yrs ago :o, where did that time go), saying I was fine really.  But as I'd regained consciousness in the back of the ambulance, already wired up to all their machinery and monitors, the paramedics were having none of it.
Grumpy old man

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 07 January 2018, 03:27:54 »

There's been lots in the news recently about the NHS in a crisis this winter, with fleets of ambulances parked up waiting to unload patients, people on trolleys in corridors, and 50,000 cancelled operations!  :o  So why does the NHS seem to struggle every winter?  ???

A lack of cash?  Badly managed?  Not big enough for the population?  People presenting at A&E when they could wait to see their GP?  Tories?  People getting sicker?  Aging population?  Stupid people calling an ambulance for a stubbed toe etc?  ???

Or all of the above?  :-\

Read this . . . . . .

READ THIS

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

STEMO

« Reply #34 on: 07 January 2018, 07:06:02 »

There's been lots in the news recently about the NHS in a crisis this winter, with fleets of ambulances parked up waiting to unload patients, people on trolleys in corridors, and 50,000 cancelled operations!  :o  So why does the NHS seem to struggle every winter?  ???

A lack of cash?  Badly managed?  Not big enough for the population?  People presenting at A&E when they could wait to see their GP?  Tories?  People getting sicker?  Aging population?  Stupid people calling an ambulance for a stubbed toe etc?  ???

Or all of the above?  :-\

Read this . . . . . .

READ THIS
“The NHS budget is rigfenced”. A Freudian slip?
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.029 seconds with 19 queries.