Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Trump, Brexit, and Twitterland  (Read 2815 times)

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
Trump, Brexit, and Twitterland
« on: 07 January 2018, 09:31:14 »

Twitter and other platforms are full to the hilt of people hurling insults around about people and things of which they disapprove. An interesting, and in my view valid, article about how this approach is usually counter productive.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/trump-is-lucky-in-his-enemies/article/2645177

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Trump, Brexit, and Twitterland
« Reply #1 on: 07 January 2018, 12:18:00 »

The suggestion going around is that Mr Trump is a pork pie short of a picnic. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 07 January 2018, 12:19:26 »

.....he does tend to throw the toys out of his pram when things don't go his way 100% of the time.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 07 January 2018, 15:02:08 »

Twitter and Facebook are sadly a modern way of communication ones message. Unfortunately those that subscribe to them only speak in soundbites, which renders tweets largely useless for anything. Still utterly inappropriate forae for government though.

Trump comes across as pigshit thick for two reasons...

1. He is rather verbose so struggles to convey his point with any degree of accuracy in a soundbite. An example of this would be the, "My button is bigger than yours." Tweet. Everybody knows that from most measures, the US out performs North Korea, especially from a military perspective. Trumps choice of words wasn't great, but how else do you convey such a message when limited to seventy something characters and directing it at someone like Kim Jong...

2. He doesn't read well from autocues, especially when he hasn't written the statement in front of him. He is otherwise a very good orator, and when speaking from his heart, actually conveys very well, regardless of whether you agree or not with what he is saying.

Of course, he could simply be pigshit thick... although I doubt it.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 07 January 2018, 17:30:56 »

Good article but not surprised as the writer is one of our best Conservative MEPs and politicians Daniel Hannan. A moderate but also one of the main architects from the 1980's on leaving the EU. I hope after 2019 he becomes one of our Conservative MPs. :y

With Trump one must remember he comes from a rich family where his dad trod a very fine line and at times by the skin of his teeth with the law as a property developer, landlord and KKK member. Trump is a vain narcissistic fool who for the last 70 years has got his way through abusing people and the law, skimming contractors and buying people off as necessary. When his dad gave him $1m to start his own business he managed to quickly turn that into a $600m+ loss! After several bankruptcies and being shunned by all US banks, Russian money saved his skin but at what price? ::) ::) ::)

His big mistake and his forthcoming downfall will be becoming POTUS, where his past (which he largely kept a lid on) and election partners and tactics are now under intense scrutiny. None of what has been published so far makes pretty reading from money laundering to alleged people trafficking young East European girls through Trump Models. :o :o :o Trump tried to unsuccessfully warn off Congress Special Investigator Robert Mueller in widening his investigation into Trump's finances. Robert Mueller is one of the FBI's best on money laundering and financial fraud who unravelled what happened at Enron and got successful convictions and long prison sentences for those involved. Mueller unsealed three indictments towards the end of last year with the three having initial court appearances and bail set, with many more sealed ones due to be unsealed at appropriate times in 2018. :o :o :o

Get in plenty of popcorn and sit back and watch what happens across the pond in 2018 as it is going to make Watergate look like a petty crime. As one ex-NSA agent put it, if Trump doesn't get a pardon he will die in jail and many other in the Trump clan are looking at 20-30 years or more inside. :o :o :o At least the orange jump suit will go with is hair! The GOP are also going to be in the thick of it where their are two videos of them accepting Russian money at the conference that officially adopted Trump as their POTUS candidate. The rumour is that there are sealed indictments for several senior GOP officials on RICO charges. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 07 January 2018, 17:52:13 »

Good article but not surprised as the writer is one of our best Conservative MEPs and politicians Daniel Hannan. A moderate but also one of the main architects from the 1980's on leaving the EU. I hope after 2019 he becomes one of our Conservative MPs. :y

I'd have hopes of him as a future PM except that at present he's an MEP not an MP. His verbal demolition of Gordon Brown was legendary. He's incredibly eloquent and sensible. I'm a big fan.

“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 07 January 2018, 18:00:04 »

Sorry chaps but I have to disagree about Daniel Hannan.

He comes across as a smarmy conceited individual who has talents that would be best served selling used motor cars.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 January 2018, 18:02:43 »

He comes across as a smarmy conceited individual who has talents that would be best served selling used motor cars.

Well of course, I always had high regard for Arthur Daley as well  ;)

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 07 January 2018, 18:15:21 »

With Trump one must remember he comes from a rich family where his dad trod a very fine line and at times by the skin of his teeth with the law as a property developer, landlord and KKK member. Trump is a vain narcissistic fool who for the last 70 years has got his way through abusing people and the law, skimming contractors and buying people off as necessary. When his dad gave him $1m to start his own business he managed to quickly turn that into a $600m+ loss! After several bankruptcies and being shunned by all US banks, Russian money saved his skin but at what price? ::) ::) ::)

His big mistake and his forthcoming downfall will be becoming POTUS, where his past (which he largely kept a lid on) and election partners and tactics are now under intense scrutiny. None of what has been published so far makes pretty reading from money laundering to alleged people trafficking young East European girls through Trump Models. :o :o :o Trump tried to unsuccessfully warn off Congress Special Investigator Robert Mueller in widening his investigation into Trump's finances. Robert Mueller is one of the FBI's best on money laundering and financial fraud who unravelled what happened at Enron and got successful convictions and long prison sentences for those involved. Mueller unsealed three indictments towards the end of last year with the three having initial court appearances and bail set, with many more sealed ones due to be unsealed at appropriate times in 2018. :o :o :o

Get in plenty of popcorn and sit back and watch what happens across the pond in 2018 as it is going to make Watergate look like a petty crime. As one ex-NSA agent put it, if Trump doesn't get a pardon he will die in jail and many other in the Trump clan are looking at 20-30 years or more inside. :o :o :o At least the orange jump suit will go with is hair! The GOP are also going to be in the thick of it where their are two videos of them accepting Russian money at the conference that officially adopted Trump as their POTUS candidate. The rumour is that there are sealed indictments for several senior GOP officials on RICO charges. :o :o :o

All they, the American people, need now is a sniper.  Then they could also have a greater conspiracy launched that even the one surrounding JFK!

What a great subject for another book / film / play! ;)

Sorry CIA, if you are looking in I am only joking.  I am sure you have it all well covered; like with JFK! :-X :-X

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 07 January 2018, 18:56:11 »

Say what you like about Trump, but consider that the SNP 500 grew 20% in 2017...

STEMO

« Reply #10 on: 07 January 2018, 19:08:48 »

Say what you like about Trump, but consider that the SNP 500 grew 20% in 2017...
The SNP 500?  ;D ;D ;D I knew Nicola was looking a bit chunkier, but I didn’t think she’d grown 20%.
I think you mean the S&P which, indeed grew 20% last year. It grew 47% in Obama’s first year.

Fraggles Rock

• Intermediate Member
  • United Kingdom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 07 January 2018, 19:34:10 »

The SNP 500?  ;D ;D ;D I knew Nicola was looking a bit chunkier, but I didn’t think she’d grown 20%.
I think you mean the S&P which, indeed grew 20% last year. It grew 47% in Obama’s first year.
That's the one ;)

Two of the three highest years growth since 2008...

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 07 January 2018, 20:24:38 »

He does have that persona, but it doesn't really matter, as he more often than not, tells the inarguable truth.
I prefer young Jacob as a future prospect though. He also tells the truth, but has real character as well.  :)
As for Trump. I don't really care what he is or what he has done. If our lot play their cards right, he could be a very useful idiot for the U.K. in the near future. That, I do care about.  :)
« Last Edit: 07 January 2018, 20:26:17 by Migv6 »
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

STEMO

« Reply #13 on: 07 January 2018, 21:08:26 »

That's the one ;)

Two of the three highest years growth since 2008...
That’s because a new president brings hope that things will change for the better. After the first year they realise it’s just the same old shit.

STEMO

« Reply #14 on: 07 January 2018, 21:09:32 »

He does have that persona, but it doesn't really matter, as he more often than not, tells the pinarguable truth.
I prefer young Jacob as a future prospect though. He also tells the truth, but has real character as well.  :)
As for Trump. I don't really care what he is or what he has done. If our lot play their cards right, he could be a very useful idiot for the U.K. in the near future. That, I do care about.  :)
Nah. We can’t have a leader that looks like Lord Snooty from the beano.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.024 seconds with 18 queries.