Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Down

Author Topic: 100 years since women were given the vote.  (Read 5183 times)

STEMO

Re: 100 years since women were given the vote.
« Reply #30 on: 08 February 2018, 19:29:24 »

Men, on the other hand, are used to women's hormonal mood swings and take it all in our stride, calmly and without rancour.  :y 8)

Ron.
This was one among many of the valid arguments against women being allowed to vote in the first place. I mean, you can't have all your dogs barking if you think throwing yourself under a horse moving at 30 MPH is a good idea.

No, I studied this and with fellow students analysed that in fact Emily Davison was in fact trying to attach a suffragette scarf to the bridal of the King's horse.  She did not intend to fall under the horse and be killed, but she misjudged the speed of the animal. This is now the view of many historians ;)
Well of course she misjudged the speed of the animal.......and, probably, how wide it was. No spatial awareness, you see. In case no one has explained, that's why women can't drive.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 08 February 2018, 19:56:58 »

TB and STEMO!!!!!! :o :o

You both are showing the prehistoric arrogance of men who still seem to think it is ok to destroy the confidence of women drivers.  Women have basically been told by men for too many decades that "you cannot drive because your brains are not up to it" >:( >:( >:(

At last a growing number of young women are saying to their men "I can drive and I will drive, with you either being the passenger or walking!"  With this women will get the driving experience that will make them, with further driving knowledge, bring them all up to the basic standards men drive at, and then exceed them as they are naturally far more careful, cautious, and skilful. It is men that have produced the over cautious and hesitant drivers you sometimes see, by the attitudes displayed in your two posts. ;)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 08 February 2018, 20:03:02 »

More cautious,careful and skilful says she who as near as dammit totalled her Omega not long back :D.........Sorry Lizzie couldn't resist ;D ;D

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 08 February 2018, 20:15:19 »

More cautious,careful and skilful says she who as near as dammit totalled her Omega not long back :D.........Sorry Lizzie couldn't resist ;D ;D

Baza!!! :o :o :o

No, actually I just bumped the van in front at about 15 mph due to the low sun striking my face.  Not bad as the only "my fault" accident in 1 million miles of driving. :P :P  :P

;D ;D

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 08 February 2018, 20:16:39 »

Women's brains are not up to it (as Lizzie stated) because they are four ounces lighter then those of males.
The lack of spatial awareness is explained by their different roles in life - men need that skill as the hunter/gatherers, women don't because they are the nest-builders and therefore don't need to look further than the kitchen.

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 08 February 2018, 20:31:42 »

Women's brains are not up to it (as Lizzie stated) because they are four ounces lighter then those of males.
The lack of spatial awareness is explained by their different roles in life - men need that skill as the hunter/gatherers, women don't because they are the nest-builders and therefore don't need to look further than the kitchen.

Ron.

Now now Ron, you know I didn't say that as it was in quotes as what men say, or couldn't your male brain cope with that! ::) ::) ::)

;D ;)

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 08 February 2018, 20:36:50 »

You both are showing the prehistoric arrogance of men who still seem to think it is ok to destroy the confidence of women drivers.  Women have basically been told by men for too many decades that "we cannot drive because our brains are not up to it" >:( >:( >:(

At last a growing number of young women are saying to their men "I can drive and I will drive, with you either being the passenger or walking!"  With this women will get the driving experience that will make them, with further driving knowledge, bring them all up to the basic standards men drive at, and then exceed them as they are naturally far more careful, cautious, and skilful. It is men that have produced the over cautious and hesitant drivers you sometimes see, by the attitudes displayed in your two posts. ;)

Putting it in inverted commas doesn't help you, Lizzie - you said it!

Ron.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 08 February 2018, 21:12:47 »

You both are showing the prehistoric arrogance of men who still seem to think it is ok to destroy the confidence of women drivers.  Women have basically been told by men for too many decades that "we cannot drive because our brains are not up to it" >:( >:( >:(

Putting it in inverted commas doesn't help you, Lizzie - you said it!

Ron.

No Ron, it doesn't work like that if you understand the the context of how I used the quote of what men regular say or at least imply ;)
« Last Edit: 08 February 2018, 21:14:56 by Lizzie Zoom »

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 08 February 2018, 21:21:38 »

That's exactly how it works if I want to tease you, Lizzie! :P

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 08 February 2018, 21:49:12 »

The oldest profession in the world is predominantly a female domain...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 08 February 2018, 21:59:17 »

Would you want to go with a male prostitute, Doctor?

Here's a male-hating song for Lizzie:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktv6d0qqdgd7dtc/HELEN%20SHAPIRO%20-%20Blues%20in%20The%20Night.mp3?dl=0

Ron.

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 08 February 2018, 22:08:30 »

Would you want to go with a male prostitute, Doctor?

Here's a male-hating song for Lizzie:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ktv6d0qqdgd7dtc/HELEN%20SHAPIRO%20-%20Blues%20in%20The%20Night.mp3?dl=0

Ron.
Absolutely not, thank you very much...

That is definitely one thing best left as nature intended  ;)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 08 February 2018, 22:12:30 »

I knew you wouldn't want to go over to the Dark (brown) Side, Doctor!  :)

Ron.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 08 February 2018, 23:45:27 »

Men, on the other hand, are used to women's hormonal mood swings and take it all in our stride, calmly and without rancour.  :y 8)

Ron.
This was one among many of the valid arguments against women being allowed to vote in the first place. I mean, you can't have all your dogs barking if you think throwing yourself under a horse moving at 30 MPH is a good idea.

No, I studied this and with fellow students analysed that in fact Emily Davison was in fact trying to attach a suffragette scarf to the bridal of the King's horse.  She did not intend to fall under the horse and be killed, but she misjudged the speed of the animal. This is now the view of many historians ;)

Lack of spatial awareness. :)

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 08 February 2018, 23:49:12 »

Baza!!! :o :o :o

No, actually I just bumped the van in front at about 15 mph due to applying my lippy using the the driver's mirror. .  Not bad as the only "my fault" accident in 1 million miles of driving. :P :P  :P

;D ;D

Well.....at least you are honest, Lizzie. :-* :-* :-* :-*
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 19 queries.