Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: mobile cowboys  (Read 1205 times)

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
mobile cowboys
« on: 22 April 2018, 23:10:14 »

last week7 he  I paid a guy for work on my mig which he never did. I looked up mobile mechanics in the area I now live & one turned up. he was meant to change the power steering pump & put on a new aux belt. he did discover the tensioner was fubbered too, I paid him just for his labour which consisted of 1/2 hr one day. left when he realised it needed a tensioner which we couldn't get until the next morning. the next day he turned up & as I had to be somewhere so I left the agreed sum with my wife. she told me 20mins after he turned up he was asking to be paid. all he had done was the tensioner & aux belt.  when I rang him & asked why he hadn't renewed the pump his answer was it didn't need one the pump was not operating right cos of the tensioner not doing its job. I told him the steering was still knacked his reply was give the new belt time to bed in. also he suggested that I could even try a slightly smaller belt.  >:( >:(

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
Re: mobile cowboys
« Reply #1 on: 22 April 2018, 23:16:08 »

Just on a side note, if the tensioner is knackered on a 2.2DTi I strongly suggest you take a good look at the rubber damper area of the crank pulley.

raywilb

• Omega Knight
  • york
    • DS DS4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 23 April 2018, 18:09:18 »

Just on a side note, if the tensioner is knackered on a 2.2DTi I strongly suggest you take a good look at the rubber damper area of the crank pulley.
  that was renewed not long ago. the crankshaft pulley dropped to pieces a few months ago, so may be the tensioner took some hammer then.

VXL V6

• Omega Lord
  • Solihull
    • 530D M Sport, Elite 3.2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 23 April 2018, 19:49:11 »

that was renewed not long ago. the crankshaft pulley dropped to pieces a few months ago, so may be the tensioner took some hammer then.
When we ran two DTi's the failure was usually both tensioner and pulley by the time the disaster had happened! Think I ended up swapping both at the same time after the first failure. I also discovered that only the GM pulley seemed to last more than 12 months.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.023 seconds with 19 queries.