Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: DAB Aerial  (Read 882 times)

TD

• Omega Knight
  • Swindon
    • Nowt!
    • View Profile
DAB Aerial
« on: 25 May 2018, 17:14:14 »

My recently bought Denon Hifi has a DAB radio ….

The DAB aerial it came with is basically rubbish....unless you live in strong DAB signal strength area, I guess.

On a search of DAB stations, it didnt find many and the ones it did find kept cutting out.....the local radio station was the only one that seemed ok, but that cut out occassionly....  :(

So i bought a DAB aerial for it .... A Vivanco TVA 200 ....

Well impressed  :y

On a search of stations with the new aerial connected, it found 51 DAB stations and everyone plays fine  :y

Its also suppose to be an aerial for TV and PC ... tho i havent tried it on that, so carnt comment....

So if you have a DAB radio and its a bit rubbish on channels/reception and can connect an external aerial, I would recommend this one  :y

STEMO

Re: DAB Aerial
« Reply #1 on: 25 May 2018, 17:30:25 »

Amazing how a car, like wifey's astra, can get such a good DAB signal, when one supplied with a hifi can't.

Broomies Mate

• Omega Baron
  • Bristol, UK
    • Stuff!
    • View Profile
Re: DAB Aerial
« Reply #2 on: 25 May 2018, 23:14:49 »

Amazing how a car, like wifey's astra, can get such a good DAB signal, when one supplied with a hifi can't.

Er,, because her car isn't under several layers of roof-tiles, felt, insulation, plasterboard, plaster, paint, carpet......  shall I go on?  ;D

I don't understand the need for DAB/DAB+ or FM/AM Radio when at home/office.  A few years ago, the internet was invented.  Plenty of stations on there, and they aren't running at a piss-poor 50kbps. Horrible, horrible sound.  I really hope DAB dies the death it should have done years ago.
2004 Saab 9-5 Aero Merlot Red Stg1 noobtune
2009 Saab 9-5 Turbo Edition Titan Grey Stg3 noobtune
2017 Vauxhall Vivaro L1H1 125PS Star Silver
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.