Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please check the Forum Guidelines at the top of the Newbie section

Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get rid of paint!!!  (Read 4736 times)

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
Re: How to get rid of paint!!!
« Reply #30 on: 30 May 2018, 10:20:38 »

Getting rid of stuff can be a nightmare.  :(

I have 2 old sofas which are in good condition and have removable washable covers.  I've put them on gumtree and freecycle as free to collector thinking that a young couple or someone with dogs would snap them up. Nada!  ::)

I think I'll put them up on ebay for £1000 next and describe them as shabby chic! They'll fly out the door!  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

aaronjb

« Reply #31 on: 30 May 2018, 10:42:30 »

We just donated an old bed to the British Heart Foundation - one of the few charities that will send a van to collect stuff, which is very handy.

Soft furnishings, though, I think need to have their "fire standard" tags intact, which is a problem when we want rid of the dining chairs (because the cats have destroyed the tags as dangly play-things ;D)

Still, they took the 20 year old but perfect condition solid pine bed frame and the mattress. So at least that's not cluttering up the hallway, now.

deviator

• Omega Knight
  • Chesterfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 30 May 2018, 12:36:18 »

Fill baloons with the paint and stand on a motorway bridge. Launch a few, video the results (to make youtube money) and then leggit.
FCR and cam lock off kit available. Deposit maybe required. Contact me.

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 30 May 2018, 15:13:00 »

I have 2 old sofas which are in good condition and have removable washable covers.  I've put them on gumtree and freecycle as free to collector thinking that a young couple or someone with dogs would snap them up. Nada!  ::)

I think I'll put them up on ebay for £1000 next and describe them as shabby chic! They'll fly out the door!  ;D

Just put them in the front garden, between the BMW and Mondeo.
Hoof'land storeman.

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 30 May 2018, 17:56:39 »

Anywhere here to help Sir Tig? https://www.dorsetforyou.gov.uk/article/387075

New POD

• Miseryside
    • NEED MV6
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 30 May 2018, 20:06:13 »

I've just put paint tins in the grey wheelie bin ..... never thought about it before  :-\

I took a washbasin to the tip a year or so ago. "Oh, that's soil and rubble. £3.50 please". ::)

Was in my building attire and had no cash on me.

Chucked it back in the car and broke it up once I got home. Chucked the bits in the wheelie bin.  :y

The harder it is to get rid of stuff, the more things will be disposed of inappropriately. It's their choice. Paint tins fit in the wheelie bin nicely. :y

My old roof off my old garage, was "re-purposed" as a base for the hardcore to sit on in the hole that I'd dug for the new garage floor. The "Hardcore" was the concrete walls smashed up up with a pick axe.
This saved a fortune in sand cement and stone. 
because *query possibly* asbestos roof panels need to be specially dealt by a crack team of bureaucrats in white coats with a clip board and a hard hat and concrete slaps are a pain to lift into the boot (or a skip)
Actual concrete paving slaps were advertised on an allotment site notice board as FREE to first enquirer.  And are now being re-lifed as a small wall for raised beds. 

Paint Tins ? I'm saving them all until I can work out a way of building a house with them.
Pages: 1 2 [3]  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.027 seconds with 18 queries.