Author Topic: RIP  (Read 3297 times)

jimbo125

• Intermediate Member
  • Camberley
    • Vauxhall Omega 2.5V6CDI
    • View Profile
RIP
« on: 01 June 2018, 00:46:01 »

It is with great sadness that I must report the passing of a dear friend, yes my Omega 2.5 V6 manual. I had carried out open heart surgery with great success and she ran with out a any smoking or steam but required further surgery on the chassis this was planned for further in the next year but as many members will know the immediate family were against any life saving interventions it was decided with much heart ach on my part to have to make the decision to terminate all active treatment :'( and with palliative care in place she paced away peacefully at the beginning of May this year :'(. It is very lonely without her but I console myself that with the help of organ donation she will help save the lives of other needy Omegas.
2.5V6 Had it since 2002, what a beast, worth the time and effort to keep it road worthy. Vauxhall bring them back!!! Laser timing kit for OOF member hire

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
Re: RIP
« Reply #1 on: 01 June 2018, 07:59:20 »

Sorry for your loss,  a just giving page has been started,, there will be a two minute vigil, and a public inquiry.
Hoof'land storeman.

dave the builder

• Omega Lord
  • Derbyshire
    • omega b2 2.6 cdxi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 01 June 2018, 09:40:21 »

My deepest sympathy ,
TIN WORM truly is an evil disease that takes many loved ones before their time .
I've just invested in preventative treatment for my 2.6

Terbs

• Omega Lord
  • Brackley/Wareham
  • The Freezer Geezer
    • CD Saloon 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 01 June 2018, 11:11:40 »

Sadly, my 2.5 estate suffered a heart attack and bladder problems recently. It was decided not to put her through extensive treatment. Some organs were donated, one I know of, is currently functioning properly in South Wales in her sister. Could not bear to go to the funeral, so said my goodbye's as she was taken away on the hearse provided by Trent Haulage of Poole.
Always in my thoughts, loved you like a baby :(
Wrong Switch Tony......flicking the wrong bit for 50 years

Tick Tock

• Hereford
    • 2.5 V6 Facelift Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June 2018, 11:41:41 »

My deepest sympathies, and understand your loss. They say time is a great healer, but I still mourn the passing of long lost associates..... if only!!  :'(  :'(
Omega 2.5 V6 Facelift Estates, a CD & a CDX both in the rare star silver colour.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 02 June 2018, 00:56:26 »

If it was a car that followed the Buddhist religion then it will now be going through a reincarnation. If the car was a bad car it will come back as tin cans but if it was a humble one that faithfully followed its religion then it will come back as a much superior one. So what superior make and model do you think the reincarnation should be? :y :y :y

Me, I would settle for something cheap and discrete like a bright red Laferrari or a Bugatti Chiron. ;) ;) ;) 8) 8) 8)
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Bigron

• Omega Baron
  • Witham, Essex
    • Omega 2.6 V6 Auto '51 Reg
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 02 June 2018, 01:12:47 »

Reincarnation cannot take place too soon after demise (think at least two generations, i.e. about 70-80 years), so for me it would have to be something like a 4.5 litre blown Bentley - in BRG, of course!  8)

Ron.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 02 June 2018, 02:30:14 »

Reincarnation cannot take place too soon after demise (think at least two generations, i.e. about 70-80 years), so for me it would have to be something like a 4.5 litre blown Bentley - in BRG, of course!  8)

Ron.

Excellent choice,  old Bentleys unlike old Rolls are real drivers cars. :y :y :y

You may well be right on the reincarnation period as I'm proud that all I know about religion I could easily write with a 6" paint roller on the back of a fag packet. ::) ::) ::) ;D ;D ;D
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 02 June 2018, 07:25:24 »

The only car I've ever owned that I've been "emotionally attached" to is the Elite and that's not because of the car itself but the memories it evokes,even so once it's served its purpose it will be got rid of without a second thought.

Mister Rog

• Omega Baron
  • Wales
    • Volvo XC70 & V70 D3
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 02 June 2018, 08:20:05 »

The only car I've ever owned that I've been "emotionally attached" to is the Elite and that's not because of the car itself but the memories it evokes,even so once it's served its purpose it will be got rid of without a second thought.

Same here, but not even any of my four Omegas. I did like my old Volvo 960 though, but not once the Best Before date had passed

On the positive side, no more wasteful transfusions and no more pointless life-support, meaning that resources can be put to better use to enhance the lives of others. Mine was a Volvo XC70

« Last Edit: 02 June 2018, 08:23:40 by Mister Rog »
“The desire to be a politician should bar you for life from ever becoming one.” Billy Connolly

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 02 June 2018, 08:57:35 »

I was sorry to see the Silver Bullet go last year.  What a stonkingly good car that had been. It was the gearbox that was the final failure (an "easy" fix), but rust was getting the better of vital parts of it.
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 02 June 2018, 10:59:50 »

Was sad to see the back of my white estate... Difficult not to get attached to a car when you spend your working week in it...
Onanists always think outside the box.

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 02 June 2018, 12:13:13 »

I was pretty attached to the Chevette HS and Senator 24v just because they were great cars.
I got attached to my last Omega because I did so much work to it when I first got it, to bring it up from CD to Elite spec, apart from S/L on the rear. Being a 2.5 though, it was always underpowered, so I never really loved driving it.
I'm getting attached to my current 3.2, as Ive done a lot of work, and spent a lot of money to get it just how I want it. Its also a lovely old bus to drive, so I'm probably going to keep it for longer than I originally planned.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 02 June 2018, 12:18:28 »

Maybe we need a Dead Omega thread or sticky?  :(
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 02 June 2018, 12:19:51 »

Might be feasible, now theres not that many left. A few years ago it would have been bigger than the rest of the forum.  :D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.039 seconds with 18 queries.