Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down

Author Topic: Replacing the Skoda..  (Read 9718 times)

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
Re: Replacing the Skoda..
« Reply #60 on: 16 June 2018, 18:08:51 »

I still have a RR itch, and no matter how long I nick one of joshwyatts ones, itch doesn't go.

But when I put it on the driveway, its plain how impractical it is.

Speaking of young Mr Wyatt. Is he still in the RR selling business ? I know a bloke who is looking for an L322.
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #61 on: 18 June 2018, 09:10:12 »

Crikey, I go away for three days and four pages of thread appear ;D ;D

In order of things I can remember to reply to:

1) I hadn't really thought about the Insignia - does seem good value, though, and I guess I could slum it in a VX again ;)
2) Saab 9-3 - there was an LPGd (I think) estate for sale that I spotted, and seriously considered as an option - assuming I can find one when/if the Skoda sells
3) Old Yank truck - would love one, but if I got one I think it would be the end of the BMW as I'd be told to get shot and only have one 'toy'! (I swear I wear the trousers, honest..)

I still have a RR itch, and no matter how long I nick one of joshwyatts ones, itch doesn't go.

I would love a nice RR Sport, but not being a footballer or drug dealer means I can't really afford one ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: 18 June 2018, 20:09:02 »

Can I interest you in a nice MGB ?  ;D
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

aaronjb

« Reply #63 on: 19 June 2018, 09:38:46 »

Can I interest you in a nice MGB ?  ;D

If I wanted something I had to weld back together every other day, I'd buy a Defender  :P ;) ;D

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: 19 June 2018, 12:39:06 »

Its like new.  ;)

Nick W

• Omega Queen
  • Chatham, Kent
  • Rover Metro 1.8VVC
    • 3.0l Elite estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: 19 June 2018, 13:40:12 »

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: 19 June 2018, 13:45:07 »

Yeah I know. I drove newish ones back in the day. They were shite then, so I cant see why some people love them now.
Rose tinted specs and all that.

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: 19 June 2018, 13:52:32 »

2 door Morris Oxford. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: 19 June 2018, 14:11:50 »

Zackley.  :y ;D

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: 19 June 2018, 19:39:25 »

2 door Morris Oxford. :y

Although without the pudding stirring column gear change. ::)

aaronjb

« Reply #70 on: 24 June 2018, 16:11:14 »

We took a trip to Skoda today to see if they'd consider a part ex against a much smaller car to basically shift the car to being L's (something like a Skoda CitiGo) - and they would, but only if I paid them an extra £2400 to take it off my hands...

Ho hum, seems like I might be keeping it till the end of the finance agreement and then looking for something to buy outright; facelift L320 RR Sport, another Ranger Wildtrak, something silly..

Finance, it's a mugs game  :-[ :D

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: 24 June 2018, 21:00:31 »

We took a trip to Skoda today to see if they'd consider a part ex against a much smaller car to basically shift the car to being L's (something like a Skoda CitiGo) - and they would, but only if I paid them an extra £2400 to take it off my hands...

Ho hum, seems like I might be keeping it till the end of the finance agreement and then looking for something to buy outright; facelift L320 RR Sport, another Ranger Wildtrak, something silly..

These PCP deals may be tempting with their low APR but in essence they are equivalent to renting a house as opposed to buying one.

After 2 or 3 years  and some £10-£15000 later you own SFA.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: 25 June 2018, 23:48:30 »

These PCP deals may be tempting with their low APR but in essence they are equivalent to renting a house as opposed to buying one.

Youngsters these days lease houses, cars, tv content, music & books and as you say SFA of anything of any value. :-[ :(
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: 26 June 2018, 11:13:20 »

Youngsters these days lease houses, cars, tv content, music & books and as you say SFA of anything of any value. :-[ :(

It used to be a case of 'if I can't afford it I can't have it'

.........That'll never work these days. ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: 26 June 2018, 21:57:47 »

1) I hadn't really thought about the Insignia - does seem good value, though, and I guess I could slum it in a VX again ;)

They do represent excellent value, I think the last of the previous shape were crammed full of tech. The mummy bus has made me consider them for future.

A very reasonable sum will get you 2015 Elite, lots of standard toys, on paper great value I think:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201806137467493?onesearchad=Used&onesearchad=Nearly%20New&onesearchad=New&model=INSIGNIA&radius=1500&sort=price-asc&advertising-location=at_cars&make=VAUXHALL&postcode=tw89de&aggregatedTrim=Elite%20Nav&page=3

The mummy bus easily cruises at 80mph and is a very silent motorway mile muncher. However, after doing 750 miles last week in the mummy bus, it's very nice to be back in the 3.2 for work 8) - The smooth effortless power is a welcome change from the CDTi. But that the bus is function over pleasure.

Don't think I would "enjoy" driving an Insignia quickly, the engine just does not lend itself to that.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up

Page created in 0.038 seconds with 18 queries.