Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hidden, one for Shackeng  (Read 1557 times)

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
Hidden, one for Shackeng
« on: 20 June 2018, 14:46:47 »

Hidden. Competent enough cop drama but have you noticed it is remarkably similar to The Bridge?:

The male and female leads both have something of a personality disorder for want of a better word
There are subtitles
There is something dark and horrible going on
There is even a bridge!
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
  • Speaking sense, not Woke PC crap
    • View Profile
Re: Hidden, one for Shackeng
« Reply #1 on: 21 June 2018, 13:51:33 »

I stopped watching 'The Bridge' when the male detective took 2 vulnerable teenage girls back to his flat to sleep.

It's as though the script writers had no idea of the possible consequences. Couldn't take it seriously after that.

« Last Edit: 21 June 2018, 13:54:48 by Field Marshal Dr. Opti »

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • 3.2 Elite 2.0 TitX Mondeo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 June 2018, 15:28:32 »

I stopped watching 'The Bridge' when the male detective took 2 vulnerable teenage girls back to his flat to sleep.

It's as though the script writers had no idea of the possible consequences. Couldn't take it seriously after that.

Be fair, his own two daughters of a similar age had gone missing, so an emotional attachment context was reasonable.
Having said that, it is reaching to think it would have been acceptable in this day and age. :y

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 21 June 2018, 15:29:08 »

Hidden. Competent enough cop drama but have you noticed it is remarkably similar to The Bridge?:

The male and female leads both have something of a personality disorder for want of a better word
There are subtitles
There is something dark and horrible going on
There is even a bridge!

I haven't seen that, must look for it. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 21 June 2018, 15:36:28 »

Be fair, his own two daughters of a similar age had gone missing, so an emotional attachment context was reasonable.
Having said that, it is reaching to think it would have been acceptable in this day and age. :y

There is that......but it would never be deemed appropriate for a policeman to take two vulnerable girls home......Even if wholly innocent. They could easily have come up with 'he touched us' scenario if so minded. Then what would happen?

Shackeng

• Omega Lord
  • Ramsbury
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 21 June 2018, 15:53:43 »

There is that......but it would never be deemed appropriate for a policeman to take two vulnerable girls home......Even if wholly innocent. They could easily have come up with 'he touched us' scenario if so minded. Then what would happen?

See my 2nd sentence. :y

Field Marshal Dr. Opti

• Get A Life!!
  • Utopia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 June 2018, 16:33:36 »

See my 2nd sentence. :y

I already have and broadly agree. :)

redelitev6

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 21 June 2018, 17:25:48 »

Is this the Welsh misery fest ?

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 21 June 2018, 17:28:56 »

Then what would happen?
The media would have a non stop wankathon for days, do-gooders would get their 15mins, we'd need a few vigils, both now and every anniversary, and the home office minister would have to resign, All before the facts were discovered.
Grumpy old man

Varche

• Omega Queen
  • middle of Andalucia
  • What is going to break next?
    • Golf Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 21 June 2018, 18:59:00 »

Is this the Welsh misery fest ?

That is the one. Mrs V keeps saying Wales is a very odd place
The biggest joke on mankind is that computers have started asking humans to prove that they aren’t a robot.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

Page created in 0.05 seconds with 18 queries.