Omega Help Area > Omega General Help

Central locking

(1/3) > >>

Leethomp78:
Hello all. I'm new to the forum having just brought myself a 2.6 elite. Had various omega years ago and then children  come along and had to buy a people carrier but always vowed I'd get another one so here I am. Anyway car is lovely but o only problem is the central locking. If I lock the car with the remote only the fuel cap locks. If I lock the car with the key the fuel cap and drivers door lock. However when unlocking the car work the key the indicators flash as if the alarm is going off but no sound until I  switch the ignition on. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance. Regards lee

Doctor Gollum:
Please read the manual  ;)

Sounds like either the remote battery is flat or the remote requires resyncing.

Flashing indicators on unlocking shows that the alarm has been triggered. No noise because the power sounder has been removed (this is a good thing).

Try resyncing the remote as first step :y

Leethomp78:
I am aware of the resynching mode. That is not the problem. The key unlocks operates the central locking like stated already  but only unlocks the fuel cap. Like I said if you use the key it operates the drivers door and fuel cap only.

Leethomp78:
Been told today it could be faulty alarm ECU. Any ideas??

Alnico Blue:

--- Quote from: Leethomp78 on 09 July 2018, 22:49:26 ---Hello all. I'm new to the forum having just brought myself a 2.6 elite. Had various omega years ago and then children  come along and had to buy a people carrier but always vowed I'd get another one so here I am. Anyway car is lovely but o only problem is the central locking. If I lock the car with the remote only the fuel cap locks. If I lock the car with the key the fuel cap and drivers door lock. However when unlocking the car work the key the indicators flash as if the alarm is going off but no sound until I  switch the ignition on. So I was just wondering if anyone had any ideas. Thanks in advance. Regards lee

--- End quote ---

Hi Lee . . .  some  questions  . . . . 1.  so locking with the fob only locks the fuel cap ?

2.  Using the key to lock. .  only locks the fuel cap & the drivers door ?    but not the other doors ?

You say you are aware of the re sync operation  . . .3.did all doors lock & re open when this was done ?

Just out of curiosity  . .4.   do all 4 puddle lights operate on & off correctly ?  :-\ :-\

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version