Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Search the maintenance guides for answers to 99.999% of Omega questions

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Why do some people...  (Read 4513 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Re: Why do some people...
« Reply #15 on: 03 August 2018, 07:38:52 »

I don't drink so I can't even use that as an excuse :D :D ;D

STEMO

« Reply #16 on: 03 August 2018, 08:23:48 »

This one?...
That will be going through my head all day now.

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 03 August 2018, 08:59:51 »

Cherry Jaffa Cakes! Oooo!  :)
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 03 August 2018, 09:21:41 »

I think the climate change thread has been zapped. TB probably still remembers the headache from the previous one.  ::)
Sunk under rising sea levels no doubt  :P
It wasn't the subject matter, as as long as its legal, I couldn't give 2 hoots what is discussed - if I'm not interested, I skip it.  It was the tone the thread took.

I could have pruned it, but by the time I saw it, it was probably too late to unpick it, and I was short for time, so I took the lazy way out and nuked the thread.

Now I'm sure Lizzie Zoom (who I think was the OP?) won't get on her high horse and grumble about me taking away her freedom of speech in the way some others have when they think the Admin Team have been heavy handed, or complain that I didn't PM her to let her know I'd done it. I'm sure she will understand (if she saw it, and if not hopefully respect my decision) and be supportive of the action taken.

And before John-Ha pipes up and makes out I'm a deny fan, hence nuked on that basis, he should be aware that my personal view doesn't matter. But if he's interested, my view is that although there is no conclusive proof that climate change is manmade, in the same way there is no conclusive proof that smoking causes cancer, it is very, very likely that both are real. Notwithstanding the fact that Greenland was once, well, green before medieval times. Maybe all those medieval knights in their landrovers cause climate change. And all the ice ages, again caused by cavemen taking their kids to school in Chelsea Tractors. The planets natural changes make it difficult to prove.
Grumpy old man

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • Omega 3.2 V6 ELITE 2003
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 03 August 2018, 09:43:10 »

I think the climate change thread has been zapped. TB probably still remembers the headache from the previous one.  ::)

Yep.  I started the thread to get peoples current feelings on the subject which I was going to stay out of, expecting an intelligent debate, that I knew could become "hot" ( ;D ;D) but it quickly degenerated into something else.  Just proves you cannot post on forums about any old thing as you are dealing with all types...... yes, and they could be drunk picking up on DG's point!! ::) ::) ;D ;D ;)
« Last Edit: 03 August 2018, 09:49:16 by Lizzie Zoom »

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 03 August 2018, 09:48:19 »

It wasn't the subject matter, as as long as its legal, I couldn't give 2 hoots what is discussed - if I'm not interested, I skip it.  It was the tone the thread took.

I could have pruned it, but by the time I saw it, it was probably too late to unpick it, and I was short for time, so I took the lazy way out and nuked the thread.

Now I'm sure Lizzie Zoom (who I think was the OP?) won't get on her high horse and grumble about me taking away her freedom of speech in the way some others have when they think the Admin Team have been heavy handed, or complain that I didn't PM her to let her know I'd done it. I'm sure she will understand (if she saw it, and if not hopefully respect my decision) and be supportive of the action taken.

And before John-Ha pipes up and makes out I'm a deny fan, hence nuked on that basis, he should be aware that my personal view doesn't matter. But if he's interested, my view is that although there is no conclusive proof that climate change is manmade, in the same way there is no conclusive proof that smoking causes cancer, it is very, very likely that both are real. Notwithstanding the fact that Greenland was once, well, green before medieval times. Maybe all those medieval knights in their landrovers cause climate change. And all the ice ages, again caused by cavemen taking their kids to school in Chelsea Tractors. The planets natural changes make it difficult to prove.

Absolutely right TB! :y :y :y  The way the thread degenerated into something quite ugly meant you HAD to take the action you did.  I wanted to lock it myself but had to go out before I got around to doing so.  "Freedom of speech" comes with responsibility as in the end Democracy can be it's own worst enemy. :y

biggriffin

• Omega Lord
  • huntingdon, Hoof'land
    • Vectra in a posh frock.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 03 August 2018, 10:51:44 »

Well done O great leader,  any body who drives an omega or any other big ol' bus, doesn't care about fluffy polar bears, and the ice cap.. 

Global warming is a made up sieance,, to charge us more tax.
Hoof'land storeman.

STEMO

« Reply #22 on: 03 August 2018, 11:12:19 »

Absolutely right TB! :y :y :y  The way the thread degenerated into something quite ugly meant you HAD to take the action you did.  I wanted to lock it myself but had to go out before I got around to doing so.  "Freedom of speech" comes with responsibility as in the end Democracy can be it's own worst enemy. :y
And how, exactly, would you have locked the thread yourself, Lizzie?

Migv6 le Frog Fan

• Omega Queen
  • Webs End.
  • Nicole's Papa
    • 3.2 Elite. Boxster. C1.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 03 August 2018, 11:29:29 »

Jeez how long does it take to deep fry a turkey?  :o  ???  :-\

About 15 minutes I believe. Its the standard method of cooking them in the Southern USA.  :y
Women are like an AR35. lovely things, but nobody really understands how they work.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 03 August 2018, 14:13:22 »

Pruned

Stuck on M6 with more important things to be doing  >:(
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: 03 August 2018, 14:14:50 »

Going anywhere nice?
Onanists always think outside the box.

Lizzie Zoom

• Omega Lord
  • South
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 03 August 2018, 14:16:04 »

And how, exactly, would you have locked the thread yourself, Lizzie?

By asking a kind admin to do so. Simples! ;D ;D ;)

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 03 August 2018, 14:21:35 »

We don’t have any, Ms Zoom

;D
Grumpy old man

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 03 August 2018, 14:28:00 »

We don’t have any, Ms Zoom

;D
Never a truer word spoken in jest ;D
Onanists always think outside the box.

Rods2

• Omega Lord
  • Sandhurst Berkshire
    • 1999 3.0 Elite Estate
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 03 August 2018, 15:08:29 »

I decided to steer clear of the tread as by the time I started reading, it was already blunt, loud and I could see it was heading towards room 101. ;D

Must be time to start a couple of safe threads along the lines... ::)

Now we are into August how is everybody's Christmas planning & preparations going, have you bought all your Christmas presents yet?

Is it too early to start a winter tyres thread?

Merry Christmas everybody. :o :o :o
US Fracking and Saudi Arabia defending its market share = The good news of an oil glut, lower and lower prices for us and squeaky bum time for Putin!
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.033 seconds with 18 queries.