Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Please play nicely.  No one wants to listen/read a keyboard warriors rants....

Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Down

Author Topic: For the geeks...  (Read 3430 times)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
  • In a colds and darks puddleses
  • If you can't eat them, join them...
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
For the geeks...
« on: 15 August 2018, 07:08:38 »

Saw this for the first time yesterday...

https://youtu.be/vd_t-UnIF5s 8)
Onanists always think outside the box.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: For the geeks...
« Reply #1 on: 15 August 2018, 08:14:02 »

orange plane lands at airport .....  :-\  :-\

::)

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 15 August 2018, 08:28:18 »

orange plane lands at airport .....  :-\  :-\

::)
Specifically an nice shiney new A321, which is actually a mould breaker for Easyjet, as larger(longer) aircraft never quite fitted the speedy boarding concept... Specifically an extra 60-70 people to disembark/board in the same turnaround window.

They've been umming and aahing for at least two years, having previously dumped the ones that they inherited from GB Airways.

Like I said, one for the geeks :P

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 15 August 2018, 08:47:15 »

Like I said, one for the geeks :P

::) ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 15 August 2018, 09:46:24 »

I struggle to ever get a Bacon Butty on the 06:30 EZY/U2 A319 from somewhere to anywhere. Chances on an A321?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 15 August 2018, 09:49:22 »

I expected it to crash or blow up...... or something?  ::)  :-\
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 15 August 2018, 10:16:24 »

An extra 60-70 people added to the bunfight for the best seats. Oh, joy!   :D
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

Viral_Jim

• Omega Baron
  • Telford
    • Too many, mostly broken
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 15 August 2018, 10:19:24 »

Yup, but at least no-one could claim to be surprised. Same as Ryan air, or using a train in the UK.

Y'all knew the rules before you bought the ticket  ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 15 August 2018, 10:58:41 »

Neither Easyjet nor Ryanair operate free seating anymore. Your seat is allocated on the boarding card. If you pay extra, you get to chose your seat. If you don't then you get auto allocated in seat B or E in the fullest part of the plane. It's no different to any national carrier anymore. Sadly.

Weds

• Chatham, Kent
  • My other hobby
    • Mercedes E class 350 CDi
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 15 August 2018, 11:32:00 »

I usually try to book the emergency exits seats for more leg room, invariably they are row 12 and 13, for some reason row 13 is usually available and I book it. If I'm unlucky then so are all the other passengers...   ;D

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 15 August 2018, 15:28:33 »

I usually try to book the emergency exits seats for more leg room, invariably they are row 12 and 13, for some reason row 13 is usually available and I book it. If I'm unlucky then so are all the other passengers...   ;D

Trouble is, 12/13 are in the middle of the plane, and as often as not they board/offload front and rear so you'll be last off. Also the bacon butties will have run out long before they get to 12/13 from either the front or back.

I usually try for rows 5 or 6 - the first of the cheap rows. Reasonably quick off, and providing the muppets in 1-4 don't realise what they're missing there is usually some food left. The back rows are best for food though - the front cabin crew service the pilots first before starting on the cattle. The cabin crews down the back just start at rows 25/30 so once they've got my name on a butty I'm safe and can relax. However, if they don't offload from the rear steps then you will be last off which is risky on a Sunday night arrival into somewhere like Stansted..

aaronjb

« Reply #11 on: 15 August 2018, 15:31:48 »

Do you folks not have your fill of free food in the Business/First lounge, before settling in to your business class seat on the plane for more free food with real cutlery?

Tsk. You're doing it wrong! ;) ;D

tunnie

• Get A Life!!
  • Surrey
    • Zafira Tourer & BMW 435i
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 15 August 2018, 15:39:35 »

Pah, the trick is to get drunk on empty stomach, in my student days I flew business class to New York. Arrived at the airport, hungry, at lunch time, as I knew food would be supplied on flight. (having only woken up 2 hours earlier)

Sat in my seat I was drinking my complimentary glass of bubbly, waiting for my lunch, when pilot said "We are having a problems with cargo bay doors, we maybe here a little while longer" - So the nice lady who serves you food, comes around again with the bottle, "Another Sir?"

Repeat this about x4 times and about 40 mins, result is I had about a full bottle of champagne on empty stomach. We took off and I remember seeing the little image of the plane showing our progress, about to cross into the Irish Sea, I then fell asleep. (or maybe passed out)

I work up as pilot told us we were approaching JFK.

Best. Flight. Ever.  :D

Doctor Gollum

• Get A Life!!
    • Feetses.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 15 August 2018, 15:53:33 »

They only do allocated seats ;)

I have and will never fly on Ryanair. Ever. Even if the alternative involved the most horrific things I could think of.

No issues with Easyjet. Always sit in the window seat one row forward of the over wing exit. Never run out of food/drink going to/from Gran Canaria. And quite happy to be last on, even if it means kicking someone out of my seat. And will wait to be last off because running off a plane to join the queue into the building/immigration etc is retarded. And having worked with the assistance people, I usually get a lift all the way through anyways  :D

Expecting food on the aircrafts fourth+ sector is madness... Get there early enough to use lounge/leisurely breakfast cost of either is the same by the time you have eaten and had a few drinks. If you don't want to do that, go to Boots and buy a sandwich meal deal or two for the flight.

Remember that Speedy Boarding = Speedy Queuing and you won't go far wrong, Certainly not worth paying for and if your carry on won't fit under the seat in front then check it in.

This travel malarkey doesn't need to be stressful or complicated  ::)

LC0112G

• Omega Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 15 August 2018, 18:22:22 »

They only do allocated seats ;)

I have and will never fly on Ryanair. Ever. Even if the alternative involved the most horrific things I could think of.

No issues with Easyjet. Always sit in the window seat one row forward of the over wing exit. Never run out of food/drink going to/from Gran Canaria. And quite happy to be last on, even if it means kicking someone out of my seat. And will wait to be last off because running off a plane to join the queue into the building/immigration etc is retarded. And having worked with the assistance people, I usually get a lift all the way through anyways  :D

Expecting food on the aircrafts fourth+ sector is madness... Get there early enough to use lounge/leisurely breakfast cost of either is the same by the time you have eaten and had a few drinks. If you don't want to do that, go to Boots and buy a sandwich meal deal or two for the flight.

Remember that Speedy Boarding = Speedy Queuing and you won't go far wrong, Certainly not worth paying for and if your carry on won't fit under the seat in front then check it in.

This travel malarkey doesn't need to be stressful or complicated  ::)

No way I'm checking £10K+ of camera equipment. It's coming into the cabin and going in the overhead lockers. Hence you need to be amongst the first 50% of people onto the plane otherwise you risk not getting overhead locker space.

Everything goes as hand baggage. Any truck with the cabin crew trying to force me to check it in, then everything comes out and goes into my pockets. They can then put the empty bag in the hold if they want - I'll just abandon it at the other end and buy a new £10 bag. Yes you end up looking like the Michelin man, but that's safer than airport handling.

On arrival the pi55hole of an airport at the other end (and 99% of Ryanair destinations are pi55holes), first to passport control means first to the car hire desk. Since many of the airports only have one or two car hire companies, and almost everyone on the plane will be hiring a car, this can save over an hour. Particularly if you are unable to pre-book with a hire car company that isn't affiliated with the airline you flew with. Once got stuck for over 2 hours at Milan/Bergamo when the idiot that pre-booked everything chose Hertz.

Uk regional airports are much better than the biggies. Again, first to passport control means you waltz straight through, and hand baggage only means straight to the car. Bristol is great - less than 20 minutes from thumping into the tarmac to being out of the car park. Stansted can be 2 hours if it's busy, and Gatwick once took me over 3.

Heathrow for me this weekend. LOT Polish - I won't fly BA. 
Pages: [1] 2  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 19 queries.