Omega Owners Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to OOF

Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Down

Author Topic: Some rental car  (Read 5132 times)

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
  • SLady bitshorpe N.Lincs.
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
Some rental car
« on: 08 September 2018, 19:41:02 »

Woman who lives opposite me has an 8yr old Audi TT which at the beginning of the week was hit by an errant Suzuki driver whilst it was parked at the roadside.The Audi took the hit on the rear o/s bumper,the quarter panel.drivers door[oddly missing the door mirror]and front wing.Both o/s alloys were gouged and it was hit hard enough to shove it into the kerb damaging both n/s alloys.It also looks like the rear axle/suspension is bent.Anyway the Audi's owner has been to pick up a courtesy/rental car while insurance is sorted out,she was told they'd give her a 3 series BMW but when she went to fetch it was told she couldn't have that as it had been returned with various faults and needed new tyres too :o.However they said they'd let her have a Mercedes instead-which they have-and now she's running about in an 18 plate Mercedes S class 350d :D

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
Re: Some rental car
« Reply #1 on: 08 September 2018, 20:11:13 »

....-and now she's running about in an 18 plate Mercedes S class 350d :D

A near neighbour has one. They were broken into the other week end & the suggestion was that Johnny Toerag was after the car .....  ???

STEMO

« Reply #2 on: 08 September 2018, 20:35:39 »

A near neighbour has one. They were broken into the other week end & the suggestion was that Johnny Toerag was after the car .....  ???
Well...if they know the name of the fella who broke in, why hasn't he been arrested?

Sir Tigger KC

• Get A Life!!
  • West Dorset
    • 2 Fords
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 08 September 2018, 21:10:59 »

Well...if they know the name of the fella who broke in, why hasn't he been arrested?

C'mon wake up Uncle STEMO, everyone knows that the police don't bother investigating burglaries anymore!  :P  ::)

Johnny Toerag is as safe as houses!                  Oh....  ;D
RIP Paul 'Luvvie' Lovejoy

Politically homeless ......

johnnydog

• Omega Knight
  • Lancashire
    • 2.6 & 3.2 sal, 3.2 est
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 09 September 2018, 10:29:18 »

Woman who lives opposite me has an 8yr old Audi TT. However they said they'd let her have a Mercedes instead-which they have-and now she's running about in an 18 plate Mercedes S class 350d :D

When a kind sole ran into the side of my wife's Honda on a roundabout (he entered from a slip road without giving way), her insurance company started getting arsey. Her renewal was due so they loaded her renewal premium as they hadn't as then been paid out by the third parties insurance, although they had accepted responsibility. They also knocked her full NCB down, saying any excess premium for the renewal would be refunded at next renewal, which was no good if she didn't want to renew with them. They also wanted her to go to one of their designated repair shops, but I wanted it to go to one that work send company vehicles to and always did a superb job.
As a result, we cancelled the claim with the insurance and the renewal then went back to the original figure, but the accident was then dealt with by an accident management company, who got the job done very quickly, but provided her with a courtesy car - a new Range Rover Evoque! :D The repair took three weeks (and was done go a very high standard, in my opinion, especially for a  95k / 6 year old vehicle).
There was obviously a subsequent dispute with the third parties insurance about the footing the bill for the repair plus the rental car cost, and my wife ended up being asked to go to County Court to justify why she had a need for such a courtesy car. She declined stating they had provided it, and it turned out that the management company were asking £350 day  :o  vehicle hire costs alone from the third parties insurance!
It was obviously resolved one way or another without my wife's involvement, but it shows why management companies are a joke and spank the arse out of claims, with fancy courtesy cars as well, both of which results in enivitably higher premiums for you and me.
Plus she keeps going now how she would like a Range Rover Evoque .......  ::)
2002 3.2 Elite saloon, 2003 3.2 Elite estate, 2003 2.6 Elite saloon

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 09 September 2018, 14:15:57 »

and now she's running about in an 18 plate Mercedes S class 350d :D
Poor cow...    ...but because of an outdated 3 pointy thing on the bonnet, the uninformed amongst us think its somehow special.  Currently, have 2 S class tractors in the immediate family...    ...or parts bin car as we call them.

And we have a TT, which even given my disregard of Audis and hairdressers, I would concede is a far, far nicer drive than the shitbox, gutless, whallowy, dead Merc.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 09 September 2018, 18:50:42 »

Never owned a Mercedes so can't comment on them per se but that S class is one imposing machine for size!For sheer looks alone I'd take one over the modern XJ every time,but I'm no fan of the modern Jags or that many other modern cars for that matter.

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 09 September 2018, 19:01:55 »

Never owned a Mercedes so can't comment on them per se but that S class is one imposing machine for size!For sheer looks alone I'd take one over the modern XJ every time,but I'm no fan of the modern Jags or that many other modern cars for that matter.
Any of those limo class cars are bloody long, and most (including the XJ and the S Class) have LWB versions.

The arse of the current XJ is pig ugly.  I mean the back of the S Class (and thus E class as well) is pretty bad, but not in the same league of ugliness as the XJ :D

Neither are real drivers cars, but the Merc is worse in this respect.  Some say the Merc is a nicer place to be as a passenger, but I can't say any of the times I've been in the back of an S Class was it any nicer than the back of an XJ...  ...but not done a decent journey in the back of an XJ.

I know which I'd buy. And did.

But we have enough freedom to chose whichever cars we want, so each to their own.  Some people, for crying out loud, think the Focus was a good car.  Not tried the brand spankers new model, but all the others over the last 20yrs have been shite.
Grumpy old man

BazaJT

• Omega Lord
    • Omega 3 litre Elite
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 09 September 2018, 19:12:04 »

Yes I've seen XJ L and it seemed to occupy about one and a half car parking spaces on length alone :D Rather put off modern Jags[XF onwards]because of their-to me-overly gimmicky interiors-pop up rotary gear selector self opening/closing air vents etc-but at least their screen things are better integrated into the fascia better than BMW,Mercedes,Ford and so on where they look like some king of chav add on!

TheBoy

• Administrator
  • Brackley, Northants
  • I Like Lockdown
    • Whatever Starts
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 09 September 2018, 19:19:27 »

Yes I've seen XJ L and it seemed to occupy about one and a half car parking spaces on length alone :D Rather put off modern Jags[XF onwards]because of their-to me-overly gimmicky interiors-pop up rotary gear selector self opening/closing air vents etc-but at least their screen things are better integrated into the fascia better than BMW,Mercedes,Ford and so on where they look like some king of chav add on!
That is really annoying, having to wait for that to come up.  You get into habit of starting up, then putting belt on, then selecting gear.
Grumpy old man

2boxerdogs

« Reply #10 on: 09 September 2018, 19:21:29 »

Had 2 Mercedes still got one at present ,both have been comfortable & totally reliable will definitely get another one but will go for an SL 500 retirement gift to myself.

ronnyd

• Omega Lord
  • Bury St Edmunds Suffolk
    • Vectra 1.8 SRI Silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 09 September 2018, 23:03:29 »

Woman who lives opposite me has an 8yr old Audi TT. However they said they'd let her have a Mercedes instead-which they have-and now she's running about in an 18 plate Mercedes S class 350d :D

When a kind sole ran into the side of my wife's Honda on a roundabout (he entered from a slip road without giving way), her insurance company started getting arsey. Her renewal was due so they loaded her renewal premium as they hadn't as then been paid out by the third parties insurance, although they had accepted responsibility. They also knocked her full NCB down, saying any excess premium for the renewal would be refunded at next renewal, which was no good if she didn't want to renew with them. They also wanted her to go to one of their designated repair shops, but I wanted it to go to one that work send company vehicles to and always did a superb job.
As a result, we cancelled the claim with the insurance and the renewal then went back to the original figure, but the accident was then dealt with by an accident management company, who got the job done very quickly, but provided her with a courtesy car - a new Range Rover Evoque! :D The repair took three weeks (and was done go a very high standard, in my opinion, especially for a  95k / 6 year old vehicle).
There was obviously a subsequent dispute with the third parties insurance about the footing the bill for the repair plus the rental car cost, and my wife ended up being asked to go to County Court to justify why she had a need for such a courtesy car. She declined stating they had provided it, and it turned out that the management company were asking £350 day  :o  vehicle hire costs alone from the third parties insurance!
It was obviously resolved one way or another without my wife's involvement, but it shows why management companies are a joke and spank the arse out of claims, with fancy courtesy cars as well, both of which results in enivitably higher premiums for you and me.
Plus she keeps going now how she would like a Range Rover Evoque .......  ::)
Quindell by any chance?

Kevin Wood

• Global Moderator
  • Alton, Hampshire
    • Jaguar XE 25t, Westfield
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 10 September 2018, 10:20:02 »

On the other hand, at least they appear to have ditched the awful "Hyacinth Bucket" mock tudor Rover 75 look of the S type. :y
Tech2 services currently available. See TheBoy's price list: http://theboy.omegaowners.com/

2boxerdogs

« Reply #13 on: 10 September 2018, 15:06:28 »

Only 2 Jags I would ever like to own they are of course the most beautiful car ever made in my opinion the E type the other a 3.4 Jaguar like inspector Morse drove the modern ones do not appeal to me at all.

Andy B

• Get A Life!!
  • Bury Lancs
    • ML350 TDM SmartRoadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 10 September 2018, 15:40:03 »

Only 2 Jags I would ever like to own they are of course the most beautiful car ever made in my opinion the E type the other a 3.4 Jaguar like inspector Morse drove the modern ones do not appeal to me at all.

MKX/420G for me ..... a beautiful car & huge in its day
Pages: [1] 2 3  All   Go Up

Page created in 0.047 seconds with 18 queries.